Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

2 hours ago, nnm said:

That seahorse is not even covering his nose. What an inconsiderate prick. 

I hope that littering sea horse gets worms and there won’t be any ivermectin with which to treat it.  

This probably deserves it's own thread but too lazy. Russia university shooting. Kids jumping out of 2nd story windows. You can hear the shooting in the background.

McDonalds, obesity, rap, and school shootings are our gifts to the world. You're welcome!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/prpn8b/students_jump_out_of_windows_to_escape_a_school/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Shooting-in-Russian-university-leaves-4-wounded-16472150.php

Edited by crash_davis
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

McDonalds, obesity, rap, and school shootings are our gifts to the world. 

I don’t think we can take credit for school shootings. US school massacres don’t even make the top 10, and that doesn’t even include the 77 killed in 2011 by Breivik in Norway at a youth retreat (or all the kidnappings in Nigeria). The rest of the world is far more prolific at killing its youth. The Russians, and former Soviet States, appear to be the most efficient. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_massacres_by_death_toll

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, nnm said:

I don’t think we can take credit for school shootings. US school massacres don’t even make the top 10, and that doesn’t even include the 77 killed in 2011 by Breivik in Norway at a youth retreat (or all the kidnappings in Nigeria). The rest of the world is far more prolific at killing its youth. The Russians, and former Soviet States, appear to be the most efficient. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_massacres_by_death_toll

i was thinking students massing shooting and killing other students school shootings. 

but your comment took me down a rabbit hole. there are a shitton of school shootings dating back to horse and buggy days. but from my quick perusal, the mass shootings by student(s) didn't really start until the 90s.

this is the "first" mass shooting but it was by a former student.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States_(before_2000)

May 1, 1992 Olivehurst, California 4 10

Lindhurst High School shooting: Former student 20-year-old Eric Houston killed three students and one teacher and wounded nine other students and another teacher before surrendering to police. Houston was later sentenced to death and remains on California's death row.[213][297]

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

i was thinking students massing shooting and killing other students school shootings. 

but your comment took me down a rabbit hole. there are a shitton of school shootings dating back to horse and buggy days. but from my quick perusal, the mass shootings by student(s) didn't really start until the 90s.

this is the "first" mass shooting but it was by a former student.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States_(before_2000)

May 1, 1992 Olivehurst, California 4 10

Lindhurst High School shooting: Former student 20-year-old Eric Houston killed three students and one teacher and wounded nine other students and another teacher before surrendering to police. Houston was later sentenced to death and remains on California's death row.[213][297]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Don't_Like_Mondays

"I Don't Like Mondays" is a song by Irish new wave group The Boomtown Rats about the 1979 Cleveland Elementary School shooting in San Diego.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:57 AM, smuggs said:

I'm sure he's probably run it a hundred times and has it memorized as well. Exactly how I dominate my children on Wario's Goldmine in Mario Kart.

If you've watched Free Solo the climber(Alex Honnold?) had El Capitan absolutely memorized from how many times he'd climbed it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Long Beach Championships?  Meh.

Remind me when he qualifies for the All Valley Karate Championships.  

The Valley is where true champions are crowned.

hVo3c_.gif

Freaking Daniel-San got what he deserved right there. Coming in with an attitude, stealing Johnny’s girl.  He was kind of a little witch. 

On 9/20/2021 at 11:21 PM, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Seeing those 1" gear changes always blows my mind when I learned how to drive in '69 International Harvester 500 PU where the gear shifts were dash to seat, back to dash, back to seat, etc.

this sequential shifter... if its not mechanically controlling a linkage, i dont understand why they cant wire it to a button on the steering wheel instead

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

this sequential shifter... if its not mechanically controlling a linkage, i dont understand why they cant wire it to a button on the steering wheel instead

Yeah, I was wondering the same.  I would think paddle shifters would have been preferred unless the particular driver just like the feel of whole left hand on wheel and most of the time whole right hand on wheel (given some of those dropoffs, I would concur).  With paddles or button-by-wire shifting, maybe he didn't like the feel of a couple fingers off the wheel?  I drove a tricked out Audi RS with a customized short-throw racing box (nothing as extreme as this Subaru, but drastically different than anything else).  And once you get the feel for it, you can coordinate it just as fast as anything else.  But I got up to maybe 100mph on a straight fucking highway.  Hairpin turns with death on your left and right...yeah that Subaru shifter just seemed insane.  On one anxious turn, you might hit up two gears on accident just based on feel because you can't "feel" during heartbeats because there's no pause between your heartbeats.  

I dunno, obviously the guy knew what the fuck he was doing.  I bet it's based on driver preference.  That other guy that ran up Pike's Peak did it with paddle shifters IIRC, maybe buttonshift-by-wire.

I didn't know these mountain races were even a thing until a few months ago and I've been the rabbit hole of videos.  That they go on days with almost no cloud cover is insane.  They hit some of those quick ascension turns where you're driving what seems like straight into sunlight (I realize it's just the reflection), and if you're off by a thousandth of a second...it's not just a plywood wall at Daytona...it's a mile-deep dropoff into Valhalla.  But a true merge of driver skill, handling, speed, and relying on your subconscious to remember why this turn which looks identical to the naked eye as the last turn is actually 5 degrees different and you'll need to stay in 3rd for a half breath longer and....oh shit!