Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

Does casting a topwater lure at a shark fall under "provoked" because I'm pretty sure I've done that to almost every one I've seen in the surf or bay.  
Ha ha same. A ten foot bull shark in two feet of water makes for an awesome but short lived fight on a trout rod. I did not get my skitterwalk back.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
On 1/20/2022 at 4:04 PM, davidg said:
Does casting a topwater lure at a shark fall under "provoked" because I'm pretty sure I've done that to almost every one I've seen in the surf or bay.  

Ha ha same. A ten foot bull shark in two feet of water makes for an awesome but short lived fight on a trout rod. I did not get my skitterwalk back.

Exactly why I don't drag a stringer when wade fishing in the bay.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

If you have not already done so watch “Free Solo”, “14 Peaks” and “The Alpinist”. That shit is crazy. My hands start to sweat just watching those movies.

Only saw Free Solo but my nuts were retreating so far back into my body at the end that I'm pretty sure I'm a eunuch now.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

If you have not already done so watch “Free Solo”, “14 Peaks” and “The Alpinist”. That shit is crazy. My hands start to sweat just watching those movies.

image.thumb.jpeg.017f93b51946913cf29bd91626be54c9.jpeg

Truth.  The Alpinist was probably the most amazing of the three to me.  Climbing icefalls without a rope?  Soloing mixed climbs?  Soloing the Emperor Face? Any small error and it's certain death.  Just crazy.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Truth.  The Alpinist was probably the most amazing of the three to me.  Climbing icefalls without a rope?  Soloing mixed climbs?  Soloing the Emperor Face? Any small error and it's certain death.  Just crazy.

He did it while wearing clothing?  What a  fucking fraud. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I think the guy was on the spectrum. Alex Honnold too.  You cannot be a normal human being and do the shit they do (did).

I know the Free Solo guy was officially on the spectrum.  Pretty obvious the Alpinist guy was as well.

It's one thing to trust yourself climbing a mountain.  It's an entirely different thing when you're climbing pieces of ice that can snap at any point.  That shit (The Alpinist) was absolutely insane.  

What gets me is the perfection of climbing.  I'm pretty damn good at walking; however, I occasionally stumble.  These guys fall and die if they stumble.

4 hours ago, Superhero said:

Before our sun goes supernova, we'll either be extinct from global warming or have already invented warp technology. Hope my descendants for the next 200-500 generations get their shit together.

you think our sun is going supernova in another 500 generations?

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

Before our sun goes supernova, we'll either be extinct from global warming or have already invented warp technology. Hope my descendants for the next 200-500 generations get their shit together.

They're going to be too busy finishing up the projects of the Seattle team's descendants to have any time for warp technology research.