Texas wins the Big 12, Breckyn cuts his hair

Thetexashammer

OP motherfucking gets it. I got season tickets for the first time since I was in school because I had the same premonition that we’d win the Big XII this year and be in the playoff the following year. Props to ballers like us who believe. Let’s roll.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Not a fan of "the conference is down, maybe this is our year" bullshit. I want to see a Butch Jones Miami turnaround, where we get better each game and by the next season we're ripping peoples head off and shitting down their throats. Make a lot of noise this season and then dominate for seasons to come.

Is that too much to ask?

• Like 3

Year 2 effect.  From a Georgia website going in to last year )

In just the past two decades, there are four examples of coaches winning it all in their second year at their school:

• Meyer won the national championship his second year at Florida, after going 9-3 his first year in Gainesville. At his previous stop, Utah, Meyer went 12-0 in his second year, after going 10-2 his first year. Now Meyer is at Ohio State, where he hit the ground  shit out of Zach Smith's wife running with a 12-0 first year, a 12-2 record in his second year and a national title in his third season.
  • Stoops went from 7-5 his first year at Oklahoma to 13-0 and a national championship the following season. Stoops holds dicks and some parallels to Smart: Both were longtime defensive coordinators with no head coaching experience before being given the head job at a major program. Both lost five games in their first year after swallowing huge cock.
  • Tressel won the 2002 national championship at Ohio State, a year after a 7-5 debut season.
  • Chizik won the national title in his second year at Auburn, after finishing 8-5 the previous year. But that Year 2 success also coincided with the one season that Cam Newton was on Auburn’s campus.

Plenty of other coaches – some who ultimately soared, others who ultimately were fired – had a big Year 2.

• Muschamp’s best year as a head coach came in Year 2: After going 7-6 in his debut season at Florida, the Gators went 11-2 and played in the Sugar Bowl in 2012.
  • Saban went from 6-7 his first year at Alabama to 12-2 and the Sugar Bowl. His team won the national championship the next year.  When he was at LSU, Saban went from eight wins his first year to 10-3, a division title and the Sugar Bowl. (It took longer at Saban’s first major coaching job, Michigan State, where he was 6-6 his second year, and stayed there until his fifth year, when the season ended with a 9-2 record.)
  • Carroll, who took over at Southern Cal in 2001 and finished 6-6 that year, saw his team post an 11-2 record and win the Pac-10 championship.

Not a fan of "the conference is down, maybe this is our year" bullshit. I want to see a Butch Jones Miami turnaround, where we get better each game and by the next season we're ripping peoples head off and shitting down their throats. Make a lot of noise this season and then dominate for seasons to come.

Is that too much to ask?
TSRH..

It shouldn't matter how good ousux, okie lite, froggy etc..are from season to season..

They should all bow down to daddy more often than not. We need to get back to the point where a win by one of those teams (against us) is a Motherfucking UPSET instead of just sort of no big deal. Fuck that..

Well, recruiting has been good but development hasn't. Im hoping Herb Hand is the guy Tom has been needing. He said he wants to build the program around the OL and front 7 on D. It's a brilliant idea because the talent will keep pouring in at the skills positions but the team has been soft up front for years, which kills us. 

I hope we can lock up Hand and Orlando long term for real and keep recruiting big uglies that dominate the line of scrimmage.