Favorite torchy's taco

Tap

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 11:39 AM, UTPhil2006 said:

Lets try this again - June TOTM - Doublewide 

D7-kzVvWwAEKYBp?format=jpg&name=small

Tried this for lunch today... this thing was like a damn burrito. Seriously, it was substantial. It was fucking delicious, but it would not be in any regular rotation for me. Would be great after a night of drinking. 

Doublewide indeed. 

Edited by Etexhorn13

I had it, it’s pretty good but a bit dry. Or they forgot/skimped the queso on mine. I tasted the cojita cheese and CFS mainly.  I added some queso from the bowl we ordered so it was all good. CFS had good pepper flavor.  Trailer park hillbilly style is still better and less than $5.50 if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

bottle rocket shrimp slams and goes hard.  would kill for it to be in a tortilla from taqueria laredo. 

Would they be offended if you brought your own uncooked tortillas from HEB and asked them to toss them on the flat top?

50 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Same.  Someone who is high up there told me that Torchys was going to start making tortillas in house in each location.  

a few pages back there's a job listing for tortilla cook at one of the locations.  dunno if that was a trial or what.

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:

a few pages back there's a job listing for tortilla cook at one of the locations.  dunno if that was a trial or what.

Kind of makes sense.  It will replace the styrofoam shit they currently make with quality.  One Mexican woman can churn out hundreds per hour like the one at Laredo.  Won’t cost them shit.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

2 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I'll need proof on the $4.50. But if you're eating 3 Torchy's tacos + rice + beans you got other shit to worry about than your finances. 

https://orders.torchystacos.com/mp/nd/sites/xilan-prime/#/location/12/menu

3 tacos is pretty easy to kill.  6', 153 lbs.

and it's not bitching about finances, it's bitching about paying el tiempo pricing for taco bell quality tortillas. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2019 at 11:06 PM, elfenix said:

https://orders.torchystacos.com/mp/nd/sites/xilan-prime/#/location/12/menu

3 tacos is pretty easy to kill.  6', 153 lbs.

and it's not bitching about finances, it's bitching about paying el tiempo pricing for taco bell quality tortillas. 

Yeah, pretty much this. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...