Favorite torchy's taco

Tap

Have changed my mind today about torchy's. Went there for lunch. Place was packed. It kinda sucked. I paid attention to the tortillas for the first time and yeah, they kinda sucked. Plus the dude walked around for ten minutes trying to find my table. Just call out the fuckin number. I'd rather go pick my food than the current system. Also the people that work there are not the friendliest type people.

7 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Has anyone tried the Roscoe TOTM?

Also do they just repeat the same one every year? Saw Roscoe was last March too. 

Quite often the same, but occasionally they'll mix it up and bring in a new one.

I guess i'm the only one who likes The Wrangler.   

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Seems like Trailer park trashy is too common as a favorite. 

#2 is The Democrat 

I'd rather have the Crossroads or Democrat and pay the extra for the queso.  By itself the fried chicken is the weakest protein on their menu.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Has anyone tried the Roscoe TOTM?

Also do they just repeat the same one every year? Saw Roscoe was last March too. 

roscoe is a legit "taco", but consistency will vary.

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Quite often the same, but occasionally they'll mix it up and bring in a new one.

hopefully they won't make the mistake of switching out the turkey mole taco again. whatever they served instead that one year (last? year before?) was absolute shit. 

I love Torchy's, but Rusty's Tacos is less than half the price for similar quality ingredients, but you sacrifice the inventiveness and sauces of torchy's.  Breakfast tacos at Rusty's are $2.25 and lunch tacos are $2.50 vs $5-$6 for most Torchy's Tacos.  I also love the Happy Hour Good Stuff margaritas at Rusty's.  That being said, I always order the Mad Cow without Blackbeans and the Brushfire and put copius amounts of creamy chipotle and Diablo sauce on both.  My favorite taco is the Scaulding Pig when the "Some Like it Hot" menu rolls out in August.