Del Conte’s Overture to aggy - bad or good look?

Liquor and Poker

8 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

From an arky fan on that thread:

"We had a home and home with texas,we're still waiting for them to honor their part.I don't blame a&m,screw texas..."

Am I remembering incorrectly, or is he referring to when we absolutely embarrassed them in Austin and they asked to move the return game to avoid it happening twice? 

Nice revisionist history, there.

you are remembering it incorrectly, and there is revisionist history as well.

WE are NOT the reason the Arky return game hasnt been reciprocated.  (as usual delusional Arky fan is delusional)  and it had nothing to do with us beating them handily at home in 2008

Arky had scheduling conflicts when we first signed the home-home contract. So it wasnt a back-to-back years home series, the return game wasnt scheduled until a few years later in 2012,  then once aTm joined the SEC, Arkansas needed to make room on their schedule to play aggy. 

In either 2010 or 2011, Arkansas petitioned us to move the date out past the current known SEC scheduling at the time, which is why its now scheduled for 2021.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Definitely a good PR move by CDC.

Look at other message boards like secrant and you'll see that impartial fans view this as aggy ducking Texas because aggy is scared of big brother. I like anything that ruffles aggy's feathers.

Saw this over there:

"It's funny and sad at the same time. 

Aggies know how lopsided the rivalry was. They try so hard to make it seem like moving to the SEC was superior for them "w-why would we want to play them now, w-we're sec now" 

But deep down they know, and everyone else, that they're deathly afraid of Texas putting the beat down on them (just look at the historical record) and shattering everything they've told themselves since they've moved. They've built their whole personal on that they're better than Texas. It's how they get other gullible ags to keep donating. They're not about to pull the curtain now."

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

you are remembering it incorrectly, and there is revisionist history as well.

WE are NOT the reason the Arky return game hasnt been reciprocated.  (as usual delusional Arky fan is delusional)  and it had nothing to do with us beating them handily at home in 2008

Arky had scheduling conflicts when we first signed the home-home contract. So it wasnt a back-to-back years home series, the return game wasnt scheduled until a few years later in 2012,  then once aTm joined the SEC, Arkansas needed to make room on their schedule to play aggy. 

In either 2010 or 2011, Arkansas petitioned us to move the date out past the current known SEC scheduling at the time, which is why its now scheduled for 2021.

Got it.

I like the version where they ran away following 52-10 in Austin better, but I guess you have to spoil that with your dumb facts and stuff.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You need new friends and co-workers

No shit.

I fucking live in College Station (for a few more months, anyway), and that hasn't changed my opinion one iota that we should never play those morons again. Hell, not playing them decreases my odds of attending Texas games, but it doesn't matter -- I'd rather watch Texas/USC on television than Texas/aggy in person. There is zero reason to play them. Zero. None. Zilch. Nada. Zip.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Definitely a good PR move by CDC.

Look at other message boards like secrant and you'll see that impartial fans view this as aggy ducking Texas because aggy is scared of big brother. I like anything that ruffles aggy's feathers.

Everything ruffles aggy feathers, particularly facts.

• Like 1

Love it.  Perfect follow up to having eternal scoreboard on them.  Put the ball back in their court and laugh as they whiff and make excuses.  I don't blame them though, it's like the small guy in prison that knows a bunch of dudes are already lined up to push his shit in.  "We don't need to play them, our shit is already in our esophagus"

16 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No shit.

I fucking live in College Station (for a few more months, anyway), and that hasn't changed my opinion one iota that we should never play those morons again. Hell, not playing them decreases my odds of attending Texas games, but it doesn't matter -- I'd rather watch Texas/USC on television than Texas/aggy in person. There is zero reason to play them. Zero. None. Zilch. Nada. Zip.

My prayers....you haz them.

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

One theory posed on secrant:

Another theory:

Fedex was founded in 1971.

So to further blow your minds, absent the decade of dominance they had on us from 1984-1994 when we only won 1 of 11 (statistical anomaly courtesy of Fedex mind you), the series has pretty much followed historical norms in terms of winning percentage from 1971 or whatever period the Ags want to start from. 

• Like 1

When Del Conte called the ad at aggy, he picks up and hears the offer to resume the game as an out of league contest, that UT looks to initiate... 

Knowing that no longer could the slant be told in public that in fact, the aggies so want the game & will play UT anytime/ anywhere, and realizing that play call is gone...

23 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just to put a little color on the A&M AD's comments, here are Sagarin's final strength of schedule rankings for the 2017-2018 season:

UT:  SOS = 32

A&M:  SOS = 44

So, yeah.  I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree about that "brutal" schedule A&M has to deal with.  Pussies.

agschedule_zpsyuwrmzdt.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 11:33 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Just to put a little color on the A&M AD's comments, here are Sagarin's final strength of schedule rankings for the 2017-2018 season:

UT:  SOS = 32

A&M:  SOS = 44

So, yeah.  I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree about that "brutal" schedule A&M has to deal with.  Pussies.

2016:  aggy - 40, Texas - 36

2015:  aggy - 25, Texas - 7

2014:  aggy - 6,  Texas - 14

2013:  aggy - 26, Texas - 11

2012:  aggy - 6,  Texas - 12

And that covers the entire SECSECSEC era for aggy.  Their SOS was higher 2 of 6 years so far.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

2016:  aggy - 40, Texas - 36

2015:  aggy - 25, Texas - 7

2014:  aggy - 6,  Texas - 14

2013:  aggy - 26, Texas - 11

2012:  aggy - 6,  Texas - 12

And that covers the entire SECSECSEC era for aggy.  Their SOS was higher 2 of 6 years so far.

Nice.

Rebuttal:  Sagarin = FAKE RANKINGS

I see Del Conte - communicative, engaging, forward-thinking, insightful, seemingly trustworthy and very candid / honest, and on and on.  And then I think back to that deceitful, duplicitous lying, sack-of-shit, lowlife snake-in-the-grass Patterson, and how different the two of them are and how the fuck we hired the latter to begin with.  

49 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I see Del Conte - communicative, engaging, forward-thinking, insightful, seemingly trustworthy and very candid / honest, and on and on.  And then I think back to that deceitful, duplicitous lying, sack-of-shit, lowlife snake-in-the-grass Patterson, and how different the two of them are and how the fuck we hired the latter to begin with.  

It was the suit.

On 8/23/2018 at 12:06 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

I'm for it.  CDC just gave them more paint to continue painting themselves into the corner with.  What with all their answers and excuses over the years, they can't keep up with their own BS reasoning. dozens more imaginary national and conference championships on the wall at Kroger stadium.

24 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

What brought this on? Was there something I missed. I have not heard anything that prompted Texas even bothering to float this.

We had a spot in our schedule and thought playing our old rivals would be a good matchup. Same reason we schedule games with Arkansas from time to time.

On 8/23/2018 at 2:55 PM, Bill Lumbergh said:

From an arky fan on that thread:

"We had a home and home with texas,we're still waiting for them to honor their part.I don't blame a&m,screw texas..."

Am I remembering incorrectly, or is he referring to when we absolutely embarrassed them in Austin and they asked to move the return game to avoid it happening twice? 

Nice revisionist history, there. 

Yeah, as mentioned, that’s a lie. Arky cancelled on us because of aggy. They started playing them in Jerryworld before aggy bolted and Arky backed out on us. 

It’s not the first time I’ve heard an Arky fan tell that lie, though. 

On 8/23/2018 at 8:28 AM, Liquor and Poker said:

I know we have an omnibus aggy thread and one aggy is plenty, but fuck it.  

So espn’s story that Del Conte reached out to schedule aggy in 2022-23 and aggy said they’d rather play Appalachian State, even though they have at least two open non-con slots.  

At first I was upset because I am firmly in the “if you married an ugly, fat bitch and she leaves, throw a party.  Don’t let her come back for godssakes” camp.  

But after the initial revulsion wore off, I’m thinking this is brilliant. No more aggy nonsense about “they’re ducking us.”. No more bullshit from analysts about “those two teams should play yada yada” directed at us. Moral high(er) ground and so forth.  

That’s my take but I still can’t get completely past the idea that we asked.  Anyone else?

i missed this thread when i ranted on the main thread.  well done sir.

I’m actually growing to hate aggy.  They’re not even a has been, theyre a fucking never were.  That acts like royalty.  Vomit

This is more ammo to needle their tiny brains.  ‘Man, how many years you think Jimbo needs before you guys will take up Texas on that offer?’  Fuck em.  As a neutral observer it was the right move, especially in retrospect.  

• Like 2

I think it was ill-conceived.
There is nothing to be gained by playing those lying, cheating weird-ass sacks of shit. They do nothing but bring us down and we own their retarded asses. Fuck aggy.

However, it worked out perfectly. Especially after CDC turned around and scheduled Bama. Aggy looks like the scared little bitch they are and we can say "hey we tried stop asking us".

4 hours ago, maninblack said:

However, it worked out perfectly. Especially after CDC turned around and scheduled Bama. Aggy looks like the scared little bitch they are and we can say "hey we tried stop asking us".

Agreed, aggie cooked their own hide on this story, as UT was shown as benevolent & willing, while the maroon now looked like incompetent morons, caught in a lie...

AX109_7A99_9.JPG #CookedTheirOwnHide..!

Edited by kopp0e
  • Like 1

I read the whole sec rant thread. Predictably, it’s the West teams’ fans that hate aggy most because they deal with them constantly. 

The aggy hate for Auburn was an unexpected twist. 

Lots of bullshit being peddled as fact about us by aggy, Missouri, and Arkansas.  

And of course when conference payout talk was thrown out there, nobody mentioned that the sec and big 10 number includes tier 3 while the big 12 number does not. 

And of course logical fallacies about from the aggy dorks. 

I was at a luncheon this week where CDC spoke, and someone asked him about scheduling aggy. Hearing him explain this was interesting. The offer was sincere, and rebuffed. Said Alabama called the next day, and we traded up. Then stated that aggy missed a chance that won’t come again for a long time, because now Texas is scheduled out 10-15 years. So unless we meet in a bowl game it’s not gonna happen.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Godzillatron said:

I was at a luncheon this week where CDC spoke, and someone asked him about scheduling aggy. Hearing him explain this was interesting. The offer was sincere, and rebuffed. Said Alabama called the next day, and we traded up. Then stated that aggy missed a chance that won’t come again for a long time, because now Texas is scheduled out 10-15 years. So unless we meet in a bowl game it’s not gonna happen.

Music to my ears. Anyone who would rather make a road trip to play retarded little brother in college station as opposed to playing real teams in places across the south, midwest, pacific coast is crazy. Bring on Clemson, FSU, Miami, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, OSU, Cal, UCLA, Stanford, and South Bend. I say scratch all teams that left the SWC or Big 12...that includes those hog humpers in Fayetteville. 

On 8/23/2018 at 8:51 AM, JBJ said:

A) I don't care much to play them.

B) Good luck against the likes of SFA, ACU, LaTech. 

Don’t forget UAB this year. It’s UAB’s second season back playing football. Aggy might as well be playing Blinn JC. What a bunch of fucktards. But then, whole sec is like that. Best conference my bleedin’ ass. (BTW no offense to Blinn JC). 

Edited by Bevojoe

53 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

Music to my ears. Anyone who would rather make a road trip to play retarded little brother in college station as opposed to playing real teams in places across the south, midwest, pacific coast is crazy. Bring on Clemson, FSU, Miami, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, OSU, Cal, UCLA, Stanford, and South Bend. I say scratch all teams that left the SWC or Big 12...that includes those hog humpers in Fayetteville. 

Right. I have no desire to see a football game or do anything else in the ass crack of Texas. Been there, done that. Lawrence, Kansas and Stillwater, Oklahoma are much better gameday destinations. 

SEC decides who and where their football teams play in post-season - other than playoff games. SEC will match send agy to play us when they think agy has a better chance against us than they have against Wake Forest or Duke.
agy is not much of an asset to SEC. agy is not an asset, at all, to XII.
In conclusion, fuck agy.
Who the fuck is "agy"?

Why is it so important to play those idiots? It’s literally the last game I’d want back. I’d prefer Nebraska or even Colorado. 

We we have more history with SMU and Houston. 

I just don’t understand our admins obsession with them. 

Edited by Doc Reeves

Why? Your team wins way more often than loses. You have friends (or at least acquaintances) that went to A&M. Why not replace the Tulsa type game with a game against A&M? 

So they took their ball and went to the SEC. Good for them, now beat their asses over and over again like you have for 119 years. 

Hey you fucking moron, aggy did NOT "take their ball and went". aggy ran away crying like a little girl. They have no ball.

Actually aggy was SENT to secsecsec by this man, evil Rice graduate Richard Bowen Loftin, a real Dick, knew aggy would be continually humiliated in the secsecsec. He did as revenge for the siege of South Main.

7255b1b127ff8da10bf5e57797d6c559.gif

It most definitely would. The basis for Tex Pete’s stance is the fear of losing and spending a year hearing it from those dorks. I don’t live in a Texas and can’t remember the last time I interacted with an aggy, but the same disgust in losing is what makes the game so compelling/entertaining to me. 
I’m always blown away at the amount of mindshare aggy occupies on this board...yet, “not a rival, couldn’t care less about them.” Yeahhhh
Wat? Mindshare?

No, we just like comedy.
9c37eb8f53f00517b975e362cea46641.jpg