Alice in Chains

Biff Tannen

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

What a fucking show! My ears are still ringing. I heard all the songs i wanted to hear highlighted by Angry Chair, Down in a Hole, Rooster, and Would. That ACL venue was great sounding for AIC. 

I saw them last year at Moody, and yeah, my ears were still ringing the next morning.  I hadn't really followed AIC post-Lane Staley and didn't know what to expect, but their lead signer rocked and his voice was similar to Staley's but unique enough where it didn't sound like some karaoke stand in. 

Yep, great show.  We Die Young was an unexpected surprise.  Did they play anything off of the self titled album?  Closing with Rooster was rad.  Everyone screaming those words was amazing.

Also, Got Me Wrong. I love that song, but it's kind of awkwardly structured though isn't it?  I feel like the harmonies and words always get a little mangled.

Edited by Biff Tannen

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep, great show.  We Die Young was an unexpected surprise.  Did they play anything off of the self titled album?  Closing with Rooster was rad.  Everyone screaming those words was amazing.

Also, Got Me Wrong. I love that song, but it's kind of awkwardly structured though isn't it?  I feel like the harmonies and words always get a little mangled.

Yes they played Again early on. 

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ah that's right.  Thanks.  Killer show.  I would have loved more off of Jar of Flies, but No Excuses was great.  Rotten Apple or I Stay Away would have killed.

Yep and throw in Rain When I Die and Frogs. I was jamming their Unplugged album today. Layne was the motherfucking man! 

• 4 years later...