Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I don't think Zina Bash was intentionally flashing a white power sign.  That's actually a pretty insane thing to believe.

I’m 100% sure she’s trolling.  She’s been doing it the whole hearing. Not the white power sign but visible smugness during the Dems time.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

I don't think Zina Bash was intentionally flashing a white power sign.  That's actually a pretty insane thing to believe.

Following up on my last post:  what is the explanation?  Do you fold your arms with your fingers positioned like that?  Come on.

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Following up on my last post:  what is the explanation?  Do you fold your arms with your fingers positioned like that?  Come on.

She worked for Cornyn, she worked on Cruz's campaign in 2016.  Anything is possible.  

Plus she worked on Trump's immigration stuff.  So yeah, it's possible she's flashing signs.

edit: And I'm aware she's half-Mexican.  But she seems to be trolling hard today.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Well, we saw Cornyn's abject genuflection to disorder and chaos this morning.  Let's see what Cruz has had to say lately about the man who sullied his father and wife:

President Trump is a flash-bang grenade thrown into Washington by the forgotten men and women of America. The fact that his first year as Commander in Chief disoriented and distressed members of the media and political establishment is not a bug but a feature.

The same cultural safe spaces that blinkered coastal elites to candidate Trump’s popularity have rendered them blind to President Trump’s achievements on behalf of ordinary Americans. While pundits obsessed over tweets, he worked with Congress to cut taxes for struggling families. While wealthy celebrities announced that they would flee the country, he fought to bring back jobs and industries to our shores. While talking heads predicted Armageddon, President Trump’s strong stand against North Korea put Kim Jong Un back on his heels.

President Trump is doing what he was elected to do: disrupt the status quo. That scares the heck out of those who have controlled Washington for decades, but for millions of Americans, their confusion is great fun to watch.

Cruz is a U.S. Senator from Texas

Yep, he's a giant pussy

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Unsurprising, but Graham is doubling down on the BUT HILLARY. Like he's just rambling lmao. What in the fuck is going on with Graham - he went from hating trump to being his sockpuppet.

I have him on mute.

Dude is a total fraud which is sad because I think deep down he wanted to be something better like McCain.

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Unsurprising, but Graham is doubling down on the BUT HILLARY. Like he's just rambling lmao. What in the fuck is going on with Graham - he went from hating trump to being his sockpuppet.

I think he knows a lot more about all of the Russia stuff than he's let on.  That's my gut feeling.  He's trying to keep the GOP House of Cards from falling.

18 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No, it isn't. It's exactly what she was doing.

The thing is, earlier this year, her hubby was sworn in as the U.S. attorney for the Western District of Texas, which includes everything from El Paso to San Antonio and Austin.  If his wife, half-Mexican that she is (her dad met her mom in Mexico) is flashing white power signs, that could cause some problems for him.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m 100% sure she’s trolling.  She’s been doing it the whole hearing. Not the white power sign but visible smugness during the Dems time.

Perhaps she's simply indicating her bhole has been cleared for landing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

I didn't even know there was a "white power" sign.  Must have missed that day in civics class.

Narrator: he's white.

There is a "circle game" that suburban soccer moms think is cute, where their little kids flash that sign somewhere low on their body and then punch whoever looks.  What those moms don't know is that it's the white power sign (3 fingers = W, circled thumb + index finger + middle finger = P).  Moms think it's cute.  Most kids probably don't even know what they're doing.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You see this debate we’re having about this horseshit?

That’s what she was doing.

Call it gaslighting or trolling, it’s standard Trumpkin political tactics and it’s sick.

No. You're completely reaching based on conjecture. There's enough factual horror in the Trump administration to worry about right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is a "circle game" that suburban soccer moms think is cute, where their little kids flash that sign somewhere low on their body and then punch whoever looks.  What those moms don't know is that it's the white power sign (3 fingers = W, circled thumb + index finger + middle finger = P).  Moms think it's cute.  Most kids probably don't even know what they're doing.

That circle game has been around for 30+ years.

The alt-right movement co-opts benign signals, signs, and code words to alter their interpretations to suit their own movement and incite their opposition.

pepe the frog

antifa

the okay sign 

the 14 words

Cultural Marxism

Progressives

Economic Nationalism 

Globalists

They’ve done good work on manipulating these things.

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

No. You're completely reaching based on conjecture. There's enough factual horror in the Trump administration to worry about right now. 

Who knows why she was doing it, but it does seem intentional. If you don't believe it, check out the video above - it's 44 seconds.  Try to put your hand in the position her hand is in for 44 seconds.  It just doesn't seem like something anyone does for 44 seconds unless they're doing it on purpose.

1 minute ago, Gap03 said:

Who knows why she was doing it, but it does seem intentional. If you don't believe it, check out the video above - it's 44 seconds.  Try to put your hand in the position her hand is in for 44 seconds.  It just doesn't seem like something anyone does for 44 seconds unless they're doing it on purpose.

She gets no benefit of the doubt.  She chose to work with the likes of dotus and Stephen Miller.  There's every reason to think that she is at the very least comfortable around and supporting white supremacists.   If she's worried about being misinterpreted, perhaps she shouldn't keep company with racist shitheads.

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That circle game has been around for 30+ years.

The alt-right movement co-opts benign signals, signs, and code words to alter their interpretations to suit their own movement and incite their opposition.

pepe the frog

antifa

the okay sign 

the 14 words

Cultural Marxism

Progressives

Economic Nationalism 

Globalists

They’ve done good work on manipulating these things.

I've been around for 55 years and I've never heard of it as a kid's game until recently.  That doesn't mean you're wrong, but it doesn't matter.  Modern usage by adults = white power unless proven otherwise.  You can call it "trolling" but it's just your usual "well, I don't know" attempt to play both sides of the aisle.

It was a fucking white power sign.  Wake up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've been around for 55 years and I've never heard of it as a kid's game until recently.  That doesn't mean you're wrong, but it doesn't matter.  Modern usage by adults = white power unless proven otherwise.  You can call it "trolling" but it's just your usual "well, I don't know" attempt to play both sides of the aisle.

It was a fucking white power sign.  Wake up.

Um, isn't Hugo one of the guys here who shares your interpretation?

Just now, Foosters said:

Um, isn't Hugo one of the guys here who shares your interpretation?

Except for the "she was trolling" aspect, which (to me) seems to indicate he thinks she wasn't serious.  I don't know, I'm pretty sure anyone in that room was pretty serious in their comportment.

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Except for the "she was trolling" aspect, which (to me) seems to indicate he thinks she wasn't serious.  I don't know, I'm pretty sure anyone in that room was pretty serious in their comportment.

By trolling I mean she knew it would provoke outrage from the snowflake libs.

She’s probably not a legit racist deep down but she’s playing along with the racist base and increasing her political capital among that group.

It’s a tactic like “monkey it up.”

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

By trolling I mean she knew it would provoke outrage from the snowflake libs.

She’s probably not a legit racist deep down but she’s playing along with the racist base and increasing her political capital among that group.

It’s a tactic like “monkey it up.”

Yep.

The right is foul.