Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Holy shit, I came here to get away from the crazy talk going on in the football board and you fucking guys think the girl sitting directly behind the Supreme Court nominee was flashing a......checks tape....white power sign???? hahaha, man. That is some good shit.  Good luck guys.  Also, google 'got em meme circle game'.  fucking idiots.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Holy shit, I came here to get away from the crazy talk going on in the football board and you fucking guys think the girl sitting directly behind the Supreme Court nominee was flashing a......checks tape....white power sign???? hahaha, man. That is some good shit.  Good luck guys.  Also, google 'got em meme circle game'.  fucking idiots.

This is why she did it.  So you can ridicule the people calling her out on it and call us all crazy hypersensitive lib snowflakes.

Thanks for proving my point.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

At least she's not some gorilla eating candy at a funeral, right?

10 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

She was flashing a white power sign to troll.

That's what she was doing because the right is out of serious ideas.

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

IIRC she's one half Jewish and the other half Mexican.   I doubt she was intentionally doing the white power sign, even trolling.  

On the other hand, she's apparently worked for Cruz, Trump and Paxton in the last couple of years, so she's not exactly carrying the Jewish or Mexican banners.

4 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

On the other hand, she's apparently worked for Cruz, Trump and Paxton in the last couple of years, so she's not exactly carrying the Jewish or Mexican banners.

She and her husband are very much right-wing Republicans.  Still, it's hard for me to believe she'd be doing that.  Looks to me more like she's digging her thumb into her arm to stay awake. 

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

B4B650F2-2B5C-414F-B548-6F0274925795_zps

Some of your examples are clearly making the sign on purpose.  But not all.  I guarantee that was not Lyor Cohen's intent in this pic.  

I suspect the girl today was accidental.  But with the shit the GOP keeps doing, who knows.  

9 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Some of your examples are clearly making the sign on purpose.  But not all.  I guarantee that was not Lyor Cohen's intent in this pic.  

I suspect the girl today was accidental.  But with the shit the GOP keeps doing, who knows.  

You can't really accidentally throw up that sign. 

Try casually doing that in a comfortable, natural manner.

Edited by DixonHur

7 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Tell me, what do you think Trump’s reaction will be when he sees all the left’s outrage on Twitter about Ms. Bash’s little hand signal stunt? 

Do you think Trump will give her a spanking, a promotion, or both? 

1 hour ago, Stros said:

The libs should be proud of the 22 ppl who got arrested today making asses of them selves. What a shit show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a lib, but I'm proud that americans are still willing to engage in civil disobedience and peaceful protest. I much prefer it to the way that the right protests. Much fewer cars plowing into people and significantly fewer tiki torches and racist chants.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's the "ok" sign.  It's not like it's that abnormal.  However, I will admit that if she has connections to Miller, all bets are off.

Here you go:

A press release from the transition said the staffers will report to Stephen Miller, the former aide to Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions who worked on Trump's campaign and was recently named senior adviser to the president for policy.

• Zina Bash, regulatory reform, legal and immigration Policy

Bash Role on WH Policy Team

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's the "ok" sign.  It's not like it's that abnormal.  However, I will admit that if she has connections to Miller, all bets are off.

It's not the fucking "OK" sign. Why on earth would she have or needed to flash upside down "OK" sign that to whoever texted her? She could have just fucking texted "K," okay? 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

39 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Another video, to show it from the beginning.

Watching the whole sequence, that definitely seems like an intentional signal. Apologies, Hugo. 

Was it a racist dog whistle or a harmless/unrelated scenario? Can't blame you for thinking it was something nefarious. 

Well she's reasonably hot, half Mexican and half-Jewish, and works for politicians who want to deport at least half of her family, and flashes signs that give aid and comfort to people who admire those who tried to exterminate the other half of her family, so....

[enter Surly zone] I bet she fucks like a she-javelina in heat [/exit Surly zone]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I don't. Not for a second. These people are reprehensible.

You need serious help.  Really all kidding aside your life is all about the boogeyman racists hiding behind every Supreme Court justice.

This is like that face on Mars thing. From one angle it looks like a face from other angles it's just an out crop of rock , much like your head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is why she did it.  So you can ridicule the people calling her out on it and call us all crazy hypersensitive lib snowflakes.

Thanks for proving my point.

Well she got the snowflake part right.

She flashed a sign to make you idiots call her out ?  You think yourselves way too important.

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Seems possible that she got a text from somebody saying, "hey, I see you on TV! Wave or something!"

It seems intentional, but I don't know about the white power stuff. Maybe I'm naive.

It seems like she's scratching an itch.  But I didn't know okey dokey or pepe the frog were some kind of nazi things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

You are underestimating how completely insane the right wing youth are.

Its an intentional sign. But it is an ok sign too. Since she was a petulant child making faces the whole time, most likely it was an ok sign meant to signify "whatever, as if" to who ever is talking rather than a shout out to white supremacy.

The first thing you have to understand with the Trump Administration is they are some of the best media manipulators in the world.

How this probably went down:

Trump and Stephen Miller are probably sitting in the White House watching the hearing live on Fox News (because of course they are).  

Stephen says to Trump, “hey boss, I bet we can get Zina to trigger the libs with the MAGA hand signal.”

Trump loves this idea because manipulating/disrupting the media in real time during a boring Supreme Court hearing excites him.

Miller takes a photo of the screen showing Zina’s left elbow exposed to the cameras and texts her the photo with instructions to subtly throw up the gang sign.

She gets the instructions, smirks, and delivers.

Trump and Miller high five each other.

Miller gives Trump all the credit for coming up with the idea.

Twitter goes nuts.

Mission accomplished.

• Like 1

Also I just tried to hold me hand and arms like that... turns out thats basically what I do if my arms are cold. 

There’s plenty of real shit to be upset about. This isn’t it.

The white power hand sign is a real thing that racists do. This just isn’t a case of that at all imo

Edited by hobbes2702