Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Maybe Republicans responding to the poll were just more honest.  Actual voting data (as opposed to polling responses) for Bill Clinton in the wake of his multiple accusers is a pretty strong argument that the poll results do not represent reality.

No #bothsides. You #bothsides. 

Soooo... the Trumpists are going all in on aping Kavanaugh's testimony.

Ford is a lying, crazy bitch. Check.

The issue is liking beer. Look, Hillary drinks it! Check

It's a Clinton conspiracy, so bring up the Clintons as much as possible. Check

Claiming this is merely partisan obstruction while ignoring Kav's lies. Check

Mischaracterizing damning testimony and evidence. Check

Flat out lying to push Kavanaugh's nomination. Check

Nice work, Deplorables.

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Sorry, I just assumed everybody knows that Mitch's wife has a job working directly for Trump, and that she's pulling down $200,000.

One little slip-up by Mitch, and she's gone.

My bad, I thought you were talking about his job too.

53 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Trump didn’t mock Ford.  He didn't. He restated her testimony in a way that demonstrated how absurd it was, but he didn't do it in a mocking manner (and when Trump mocks, you KNOW he is mocking; he ain't exactly subtle).

what happened to you?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Yea. We're being flooded with Republican honesty around here. It's heart warming and inspiring.

To be fair, Surly politics board has a dearth of honest discussion happening period.  Almost everyone is just circle jerking around here.

giphy.gif&f=1

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Maybe Republicans responding to the poll were just more honest.  Actual voting data (as opposed to polling responses) for Bill Clinton in the wake of his multiple accusers is a pretty strong argument that the poll results do not represent reality.

What actual voting data are you citing here?   Kathleen Willey accused Clinton in 1998 and Juanita Broaddrick accused him in 1999.   Bill Clinton was last up for election in 1996. 

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

What actual voting data are you citing here?   Kathleen Willey accused Clinton in 1998 and Juanita Broaddrick accused him in 1999.   Bill Clinton was last up for election in 1996. 

Yeah, sorry.  I guess Paula Jones' accusations in the wake of the Gennifer Flowers affair admission doesn't technically qualify.  My bad.  Good thing HRC got a pass on her part in the campaign to discredit his accusers during her campaigns.   I suppose that doesn't technically qualify either, but it's close enough for government work IMO.

2 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Yeah, sorry.  I guess Paula Jones' accusations in the wake of the Gennifer Flowers affair admission doesn't technically qualify.  My bad.  Good thing HRC got a pass on her part in the campaign to discredit his accusers during her campaigns.   I suppose that doesn't technically qualify either, but it's close enough for democrats regarding democrats.

Same old same old.....

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

I haven't seen any recent polls about the tight senate races. How in danger are they really of losing the majority? Why are they dying on this Kavanaugh hill?

This is going to be a freaky voting day.  Demographic break down of women vs mens' voting habits will be interesting to see.

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

I haven't seen any recent polls about the tight senate races. How in danger are they really of losing the majority? Why are they dying on this Kavanaugh hill?

I think both sides are obligated to push their position right now.  If the R loses this fight, they will look weak and ineffectual right before the election.  If the Ds lose, they lose a GOTV issue where people pray for a senate swap forcing a moderate nominee.

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

No one serious here is doing that.

Oh Hell ya it did cost her. It's what ultimately cost her the election. Her cover up of her private server made her look very guilty of trying to hide her activities (the death blow is always always because of the cover up). Comeys re opening of the investigation was the final nail in her coffin.

We're seeing that with Kavanaugh now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Are we going to act like Hillary didn’t suffer serious political consequences for her emails and Benghazi?

Bernie could have given Trump a run for his money but the DNC decided that they wanted Hillary. That probably cost the left the election because she was just the status quo and America was tired of that so they were willing to roll with the wildcard (Trump).

I have no idea how anyone could have voted for her. I didn't vote for either because I thought this election was pitiful but she's the worst of the two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammock said:

Bernie could have given Trump a run for his money but the DNC decided that they wanted Hillary. That probably cost the left the election because she was just the status quo and America was tired of that so they were willing to roll with the wildcard (Trump).

I have no idea how anyone could have voted for her. I didn't vote for either because I thought this election was pitiful but she's the worst of the two.

I genuinely cannot understand how anyone can still think this. Sure, she was a SUPER shitty candidate. But worse than Trump? Come on. Seriously, please explain it to me. Use verifiable facts. If you use email or Benghazi or pizzagate or any other bullshit, then don't bother responding. What would or could Hillary have done that is worse than what this fucking clown is doing?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I am very surprised there hasn't been a continual drip of sexual allegations this week.

Yeah, it was mentioned several times here and elsewhere that the week of investigation would result in multiple new accusations. Which would obviously be true if, you know, people were just making up allegations to stop the nomination.

Almost enough to make you think. Hmm.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, it was mentioned several times here and elsewhere that the week of investigation would result in multiple new accusations. Which would obviously be true if, you know, people were just making up allegations to stop the nomination.

Almost enough to make you think. Hmm.

Libtards ran out of willing sacrifices or something.

Edited by SimonBolivar

10 minutes ago, Hammock said:

I didn't vote for either

Ah, the Gary Johnson voter.  Rarely spotted in the wild.  Actual verified sightings indicate a far lower population than one would be led to believe.  Biologists are working furiously to resolve the discrepancy.

Image result for gary johnson texas longhorns

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i don't understand. 

it was my understanding that the libcucks had a line of women around the block ready to levy custom sexual accusations against whoever because reasons

They aren't lined up around the block.  They are in the Rolodexes of the Dem K Street firms. 😁

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I genuinely cannot understand how anyone can still think this. Sure, she was a SUPER shitty candidate. But worse than Trump? Come on. Seriously, please explain it to me. Use verifiable facts. If you use email or Benghazi or pizzagate or any other bullshit, then don't bother responding. What would or could Hillary have done that is worse than what this fucking clown is doing?

The "It's her turn" bullshit that so many people truly believed. She defended Bill's admitted extra marital fun. Money flowed in to the Clinton Foundation as Russians wanted control of uranium. No liberal public policy organizations were audited during the entire Clinton administration. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, Hammock said:

The "It's her turn" bullshit that so many people truly believed. She defended Bill's admitted extra marital fun. Money flowed in to the Clinton Foundation as Russians wanted control of uranium. No liberal public policy organizations were audited during the entire Clinton administration. 

3842-004-C238EDD3.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hammock said:

Negged for turning this into a fucking Hillary thread.  

• Like 3