Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

How to be a "journalist" in 2019:

(1) Report a "bombshell"

(2) Get lots of clicks on your website

(3) Generate the outrage you are seeking

(4) Quietly "correct/update" the story with the actual facts so as to cover your ass

(5) Rinse

(6) Repeat

Ignore step 4 if you work for Fox News.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

How to be a "journalist" in 2019:

(1) Report a "bombshell"

(2) Get lots of clicks on your website

(3) Generate the outrage you are seeking

(4) Quietly "correct/update" the story with the actual facts so as to cover your ass

(5) Rinse

(6) Repeat

Hey Johnny, how nice of you to show up!

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

I will now show myself out of Texags.com politics West

What a shame. Please don't go shoving your dick in random women's faces out in that big world though. I know you think guys like you should be able to get away with things like that and that they're just harmless hijinks, but that's frowned upon these days.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

What a shame. Please don't go shoving your dick in random women's faces out in that big world though. I know you think guys like you should be able to get away with things like that and that they're just harmless hijinks, but that's frowned upon these days.

Says the guy with an avatar of a dick wearing a dick hat eating a dick.

It's like rain....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Was listening to the Commentary Podcast this afternoon and J. Podhoretz simply thought it was unbelievable that one could place their Johnson in an unknowing woman's hand. 

So I am walking around the office today and don't think anything could be easier, especially if you are drunk as a skunk. 

Plus:

1428516335-1428506326-siliconvalleydickj

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe republican nominees to the Supreme Court would stop being accused of sexual assault and harassment if the republicans would, you know, start nominating qualified judges who haven’t been accused of sexual assaults or harassment.  I don’t recall this being an issue with many recent democrat nominees.  

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Maybe republican nominees to the Supreme Court would stop being accused of sexual assault and harassment if the republicans would, you know, start nominating qualified judges who haven’t been accused of sexual assaults or harassment.  I don’t recall this being an issue with many recent democrat nominees.  

Just wait.  

The debasement will continue.

18 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Well the majority of the most recent democrat nominees have been women.  After what has been revealed about the New York Times debacle if you still believe Kavanaugh sexually assaulted or harassed anyone you are either a political hack or an idiot or, if you post in this thread, probably both.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

Witness tampering.....that’s not newsworthy. Dems really should move on from this one.  

We have to consider the possibility that Brierbart paid her to say this. You know, exactly what they tried to do when the Roy Moore allegations came to light.

43 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Well the majority of the most recent democrat nominees have been women.  After what has been revealed about the New York Times debacle if you still believe Kavanaugh sexually assaulted or harassed anyone you are either a political hack or an idiot or, if you post in this thread, probably both.

He absolutely did every single thing he's been accused of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

So, that being said, you post in this thread. Are you a political hack, or an idiot, or both?

On 9/16/2019 at 9:07 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

Despicable.

But also, Schumer is now a scaredy bitch because they think Kav lost them the Senate in 2018.  And with very winnable races in Arizona, Colorado, Georgia (x2), NC, Maine, Iowa, Texas and possibly Kansas, they are going to play it very conservative until November 2020. 

We know Kavanaugh perjured himself multiple times under oath in front of Congress.  That alone is grounds for impeachment.  I won't say the rest of it doesn't matter, because it does, but he is unqualified for the position and needs to be removed from the bench.

His defenders can fuck right off.  I wonder how it feels to have no moral compass, no sense of duty or honor, and no respect for this country or its founding principles?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BNB said:

I heard someone say that he can only be impeached for something he has done since becoming a supreme. Is that true?

Since impeachment is a political process I would think it is up to the House (who would impeach) to decide what is impeachable and the Senate whether to convict (remove).  Just like the President.  I haven't researched this, though.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 2:54 PM, DixonHur said:

Hypothetical question for the lawyers.  

If a SCOTUS justice is impeached, is there a system in place to reverse / relitigate any decisions where he/she was the deciding vote?

They can't just go back and change the ruling in the original suit, but if another case comes through the Court, they can reverse the precedent that was set.