Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, zork said:

1o66q7.jpg

You could make this same meme with any other administration prior to Trump's, Republican or Democratic, and they would get the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't work with an administration whose president thinks there are some very decent white supremacists, who is actively supported by white supremacists, and whose party nominates self-avowed Nazis, white supremacists, and Holocaust deniers in primaries. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You are underestimating how completely insane the right wing youth are.

Dude I'm gettin on in years, but 35 doesn't qualify as "youth" to me.   I concede the insane and right-wing part, though.

I checked, and folding your arms, in your lap or on your knees, with the fingers of one hand extending along/under your forearm and the thumb over the radius is pretty natural.  Get a little itch near your index (pointer if you're from minnysota) finger and it's pretty natural to curl it up toward your thumb and it goes right into "okey dokey" or "heil hitler" or "amerikkka uber alles" or whatever.  She looks far too disinterested to be flashing any kind of sign, either seriously or ironically.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

Holy shit, I came here to get away from the crazy talk going on in the football board and you fucking guys think the girl sitting directly behind the Supreme Court nominee was flashing a......checks tape....white power sign???? hahaha, man. That is some good shit.  Good luck guys.  Also, google 'got em meme circle game'.  fucking idiots.

Yeah, I was just taking a break from the Tom Herman dumpster fire and came in here to follow up on what's been going on in CR and instead of a discussion on a SCOTUS nomination people are pushing a conspiracy theory that a Mexican Jew is flashing white power signs on national TV.

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

When I was in 1st grade, we would play around the world during math time. Either I was some sort of subtraction prodigy, my classmates were slow on the draw, or I just intuitively did that common core stuff that makes people so angry these days, because I dominated and would regularly make laps around the classroom. One time as I was demonstrating my subtraction superiority and embarrassing my classmates, my teacher pointed out that both of my hands were making the very hate-filled symbol that has everyone riled up. Surely no one would unintentionally make such a sign for an extended period of time, right? Not only was I demonstrating my mental superiority by knowing the answer to 17-9 a split second faster than my classmates, but I was also showing my racial superiority by continually flashing a white power sign 30 years before it would have that meaning. How embarrassing for me.

There's no way that wasn't unintentional. People don't unintentionally make such shapes with their hands. She doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because she does questionable things like flashing the white power sign during confirmation hearings, therefore, it must have been intentional. QED

59 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Also I just tried to hold me hand and arms like that... turns out thats basically what I do if my arms are cold. 

There’s plenty of real shit to be upset about. This isn’t it.

The white power hand sign is a real thing that racists do. This just isn’t a case of that at all imo

Damn, man.  Turn in your diploma.  It was completely, 100% Grade A US Jumbo Large racist dogwhistling.

How in the blue hell did I become one of the more cynical people on a UT board?  Seriously?  Y'all have some catching up to do.  We are ruled by racists.  Full stop.

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Damn, man.  Turn in your diploma.  It was completely, 100% Grade A US Jumbo Large racist dogwhistling.

How in the blue hell did I become one of the more cynical people on a UT board?  Seriously?  Y'all have some catching up to do.  We are ruled by racists.  Full stop.

Yea we do have a country run by racists. There is plenty of shit to prove that. A lady scratching her arm is not that. Feel free to continue being a dickhead to anyone who disagrees with you though, even the ones on your fucking side.

• Like 2

I suppose the sudden rash of right-wing DC types flashing the OK sign is just "team first OK"?

Come.

On.

I'm sorry, but this is not really the time to be giving the benefit of the doubt.  Look at the context of these hand signs and then tell me she was scratching her fucking arm.

Whatever, I give up.  It's about as worthy of getting worked up over as the other 9,000 despicable actions by POTUS and his lackeys over the last 18 months.  

I can't honestly believe this is a thing. Or that people are arguing about this. She crossed her arms after sitting in a room for fucking hours. You ever sit in a room for hours doing nothing? You start looking for new positions to sit in, fold your arms, etc.

This is a fucking retarded "issue."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AtticusFinch said:

Not naive, just sane

I mean if someone said flash a white supremacist gang sign on national tv, I would think her expression would have to be more plussed than that.  either sneaking a glance at the camera, or deliberately avoiding same.

She probably got a text from her nanny that one of the kids tore their gucci underpants or spit up caviar or something.

I can't honestly believe this is a thing. Or that people are arguing about this. She crossed her arms after sitting in a room for fucking hours. You ever sit in a room for hours doing nothing? You start looking for new positions to sit in, fold your arms, etc.

This is a fucking retarded "issue."

I think it’s willful but also have no problem believing that everyone is talking about it because that’s exactly the point.

Obstruct, delay and destract from Kavanaugh’s record by any means necessary.

We are in the fucking end game here and people are getting caught up in THIS bullshit?! We truly are doomed... The fascists are winning because we can’t sort through their baby games.

Focusness got dammit!
  • Like 1

There's a whole lot of question-begging going on in this thread with regards to the scratch. Begging the question is a kind of circular reasoning. Another thing that makes a circle is the white power hand sign that was flashed. Interesting, don't you think? 

Also, plussed isn't a word and isn't the opposite of nonplussed, which itself is its own antonym.

6 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

I think it’s willful but also have no problem believing that everyone is talking about it because that’s exactly the point.

Obstruct, delay and destract from Kavanaugh’s record by any means necessary.

We are in the fucking end game here and people are getting caught up in THIS bullshit?! We truly are doomed... The fascists are winning because we can’t sort through their baby games.

Focusness got dammit!

The only people talking about it are the left's version of pizza gate

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

FFS this is not the same as Melania’s fucking jacket. This is a lady crossing her fucking arms.

No one can say with any certainty whether she's intentionally making a gesture or not. It's possible it's totally unintentional. Given the administration she works for, for the reasons already stated, she doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. Sad! A hand gesture wouldn't be some smoking gun she works for a racist administration and racist party. There's a plethora of evidence that trumps *rimshot* that. Shit like that happens when you work for a guy who thinks there's such a thing as some very fine Nazis. A mistaken hand gesture doesn't wipe that, or other actions away except in the minds of his supporters, but it's essentially a non-issue.

If she's knowingly participating in a hoax, she's demonstrating as a member of the administration she has no qualms injecting misinformation into a Supreme Court appointment hearing that's about as opaque as it can get already, and much like a Trump tweet providing evidence against himself, provides further evidence for the administration's nominee rejection. 

If she's gesturing with sincere intent, it's just more evidence to throw onto the pile. 

Incorrect. Pizzagate was born of lunacy based on nothing. This is silly based on behaviors of actors within the administration and their support for wannabe nazi’s. Nice attempt at both sides-ism though.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Freaking out over people thinking a troll did a troll is just as asinine as freaking out about a troll doing a troll.

She was sitting, got a call to troll the libs, and she trolled the libs. It's not complicated. These people are stupid, trolling grifters.

It really is this simple and doesn’t really merit further discussion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I am now dumber for having read all this.

I would say everyone is dumber for having read all of this but I don't think there is any er for some of them to reach. 

By the way, in case anyone has forgotten about the Political Civilityapoolooza that was headlined by the corpse of John McCain a couple of days ago the first Democrat that describes a yes vote by Joe Mancin or Heidi whatshername from North Dakota on Kavanaugh as a case of "reaching across the aisle" or "bipartisanship" will win a bag of dicks personally autographed by Bob Stoops.

Not quite. I think it's more of a case of evidence- seeking gone haywire. We all KNOW this regime is corrupt as fuck. We all KNOW that many of them are racist as fuck. So, we look for evidence at every turn to reinforce what we think we know. Is it possible it was on purpose? Of course. And that's the problem.
  • Like 1

I would say everyone is dumber for having read all of this but I don't think there is any er for some of them to reach. 

By the way, in case anyone has forgotten about the Political Civilityapoolooza that was headlined by the corpse of John McCain a couple of days ago the first Democrat that describes a yes vote by Joe Mancin or Heidi whatshername from North Dakota on Kavanaugh as a case of "reaching across the aisle" or "bipartisanship" will win a bag of dicks personally autographed by Bob Stoops.
Oh fuck you. Merrick Garland and shut the fuck up

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

FFS this is not the same as Melania’s fucking jacket. This is a lady crossing her fucking arms.

The Melania jacket was a troll. This is a troll.  You don’t have to look much further than the responses in Trumpkin echo chambers.  They celebrate this kind of trolling because owning the libs. 

35 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Melania jacket was a troll. This is a troll.  You don’t have to look much further than the responses in Trumpkin echo chambers.  They celebrate this kind of trolling because owning the libs. 

Then quit taking the fucking bait. In other terms, don’t feed the trolls.

Edited by hobbes2702

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Then quit taking the fucking bait. In other terms, don’t feed the trolls.

Recognizing and calling out the troll immediately isn’t taking the bait.  But yes, ignoring trolls is the usually the best approach.  Unfortunately, the trolls currently run the fucking world so ignoring them isn’t exactly an option.

Anyway, Kavanaugh is probably the most illegitimate Supreme Court nominee of all time which is sad because he actually is qualified if we’re going solely by education and experience. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

I used to follow a conspiracy theory guy on my facebook feed because I honestly enjoy the neurotic creativity required to come up with baseless conspiracy theories.  Facebook Conspiracy Guy used to post about this exact same hand sign all the time (the okay handsign)    He was 100% certain it was symbolizing "666"  and the JESUITS were using it to signal to each other.     So, you see....you've all been fooled.  It's a satanic Jesuit cult that's controlling our government.

imgur

I want to thank you nutjobs for making me feel relatively less crazy and for reminding me that people will see what they want to see to confirm their beliefs or misgivings.   If I keep that in mind, this entire political board is much more entertaining.

Now...let me share with you, the good news of the Jesuit New World Order,

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I just saw the video of this asshat refusing to shake the hand of the Parkland father.

That is a really bad look.

This.  But we are debating the trolling of some pos who chose to work for white supremacists instead of the Supreme Court nominee’s lack of moral fitness for the job.  Point dotus. 

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
9 hours ago, AtticusFinch said:

Not quite. I think it's more of a case of evidence- seeking gone haywire. We all KNOW this regime is corrupt as fuck. We all KNOW that many of them are racist as fuck. So, we look for evidence at every turn to reinforce what we think we know. Is it possible it was on purpose? Of course. And that's the problem.

This is correct, but the rest doesn't follow. Finding shapes in the clouds and then getting mad at God/the universe/the secret cabal that controls the weather because that cloud bunny was ripped apart only says something about those seeing the shapes, not the maker of the shapes. Seeing a secret white power sign in hours of footage doesn't say anything about the parties involved in the secret white power symbol. It says something about those seeing the secret white power symbol.

There's an absurd, impenetrable logic at play here: whether it was intentional or not, it somehow impugns the people behind the secret symbol. This is a bit of an impossible situation to deal with rationally.

• Like 1

I guess elections do have consequences.  

As his second appointment to the Supreme Court begins Senate hearings on Tuesday, dozens of President Trump’s picks for lower federal courts have already been installed, leaving a conservative imprint on the nation’s judiciary. 

In particular, the White House has filled the influential circuit courtjudgeships — the second-highest courts in the U.S. and last stop for many major cases — at a faster pace than his recent predecessors.

More Trump picks to the circuit courts, also known as the U.S. Courts of Appeals, have been confirmed, 26 so far, than any recent president at this point in their first term. Another 13 of the 179 judgeships on the c

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/trump-federal-judges/?utm_term=.43cb5f31716e

• Like 1