Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Captainant said:

I think Leahy has hit on a fault line for those specific documents. I hope that it's followed up on by other senators. Kavanaugh has lied under oath before, they need to keep grilling him on that.

It's pretty obvious Kavanaugh knew Miranda was the mole and had no problem using the stolen information he provided.

They teach this stuff to young Republicans in Ratfucking 101.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Conservatives don't mind paying for protesters or lobbyists as long as it's for stuff they like. Just like they don't care about government spending as long as it's spent on things they like.

That's why it's so funny when they pretend to be above politics. 

Cxe5vgcXgAA7FMx.jpg

Conservatives don't mind paying for protesters or lobbyists as long as it's for stuff they like. Just like they don't care about government spending as long as it's spent on things they like.
That's why it's so funny when they pretend to be above politics. 

Republicans not conservatives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, retread said:

Off topic, but this is from the Twitter hearing. Interesting way to deal with protester.

A debate between this guy and Ben Shapiro must happen sometime, someplace.  If the guy who did the FedEx commercials in the 1980s is still alive bring him out of hibernation to moderate.

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It's pretty obvious Kavanaugh knew Miranda was the mole and had no problem using the stolen information he provided.

They teach this stuff to young Republicans in Ratfucking 101.

Hey,

fuck you, I know you want to be incendiary, but Jeebus yer a blunt tool.

siiiiii-igned Dear Abby

Has anyone been able to make him crack his humanoid exoskeleton and reveal his true crab people form ?

5 minutes ago, deech said:

There had to be some justification for so many Kavanaugh documents being withheld.  There you have it.

I agree why are they holding these documents back ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Has anyone been able to make him crack his humanoid exoskeleton and reveal his true crab people form ?

Because he perjured himself in his confirmation hearings, allegedly.  See the Leahy tweets.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Probably because they show he has previously perjured himself, which wouldn’t be a great look for a nominee to the Supreme Court

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

If he has them he should be disqualified. END THREAD. Not much else to say .

That would be great. Unfortunately one of the political parties in this country is essentially a criminal enterprise. 

And plenty of people in this country, yourself generally included, continue to support them despite the abject corruption and criminality.

• Like 1

Changing the balance of SCOTUS is the only thing left to hold on to as a possible positive outcome of the Trump presidency in the old GOP's view. They are not going to just let Kavanaugh go without a fight. If it comes out that he perjured himself in the middle of everything else going on in this administration and the GOP doesn't maintain at least a 50/50 Senate then the odds of getting the 9th justice confirmed during Trump's term go Blutarsky. I think the odds are obviously in favor of holding the Senate but they're not sure of that.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hey,

fuck you, I know you want to be incendiary, but Jeebus yer a blunt tool.

siiiiii-igned Dear Abby

No, I just know conservatives in Washington are weaselly little shits and something like using hacked information from an insider on the Hill would be right up the alley for someone in the Bush White House.

He probably shouldn't have lied about it. But don't worry, he'll probably get away with it. W. is protecting him.

Yeezus, this dude is turning out to be far more of a weasel than I expected.  I just figured he was your garden variety power whore who lies under oath.  At this point, it would not shock me if he's been on the take all this time.

The idea of equating a refusal to confirm him to that of Robert Bork is fucking laughable.  This dude is flat fucking evil.

If he has them he should be disqualified. END THREAD. Not much else to say .

Bravo to you for saying this. But it won’t matter, because...
If there were pretty good evidence of that, any NORMAL administration would withdraw the nomination.

That would be great. Unfortunately one of the political parties in this country is essentially a criminal enterprise. 
And plenty of people in this country, yourself generally included, continue to support them despite the abject corruption and criminality.

....these.

Kavanaugh is just like the others (Rudy, Manafort, Javanka, etc.) who really fucked themselves by getting involved in this admin.

A fat federal judgeship (which he lied to get apparently) and he could have retained some dignity. Really surprised, but it sounds like he might not be the guy anymore and may bring his original nomination into question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

This exchange was fucking nuts. She was in full prosector mode, she knows and has proof. 

Lol wow.  Why didn't she just say, "why don't you quit lying sir?"  Is there some unwritten code I don't fucking understand?  Is that code the same reason people in dotus' press conferences (as few as they are) and the WH press corps don't call out people for being straight fucking liars?  I just don't get it.  If someone is obviously lying, CALL THEM A FUCKING LIAR.  J. Peterman knows all about it!

Edited by Biff Tannen

I like Harris, but she could have narrowed that down a bit.  She could have started with the 3 named partners . . . "have you discussed the Mueller case with any of these guys?"

If the answer is "no", then she could move on to "have you discussed the Mueller case with any other employee of that firm?", at which point K would be back at square one, which frankly is a little understandable.  He was probably going through his mental Rolodex of all the attorneys with which he had had such discussions and trying to figure out if anyone worked at that firm.

There is probably good strategic/tactical reasoning why the above is silly.

There is probably no good reason for him to not just say "I've discussed the investigation with many attorneys, but I don't recall if any of them work at that firm" . . . unless, of course, he knows the answer is "yes" (which it probably is).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Bravo to you for saying this. But it won’t matter, because...

....these.

Yep. Dude could admit to everything. He could tell the Dems that everything they think about him is true and worse. He ordered the code red. He swore loyalty to Putin, Zod, or whoever. He is getting confirmed before the election. Not even sure why the GOP is holding these sham hearings. They have no intention of letting the outcome of the hearings have any affect at all on their votes. 

7 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Them again should a scotus nominee be having those discussions with a law firm that represents Dotus?

I hope you didn't take that as my position, if you were reacting to my post.  I was mostly trying to figure out why Harris didn't drill down in a more direct manner.

I think your inference is the key here.