Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

Bird formations. When they're in those large groupings flying around trying to find a tree or powerline to go to. I swear I'm going to be a simpleton when my mind eventually leaves me. 

Nah, noticing the subtleties is how you slow this whole freight train down and enjoy it all.

Watching my dogs yawn, stretch, carry on, wag tails and then give me "that look" in the morning after I open the laundry room door to take them out for their morning walk.   Such anticipation and energy laced with child-like innocence.  Every day it's the same thing and I enjoy it every time.  

Of all the animals in the history of the world only the dog decided to form an alliance with man.  (Credit to someone else, don't remember the name). 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 10:42 PM, troph said:

a well burning fire after a few hours as it’s winding down on a cold night.

This. 

Also going to the store on the golf cart, I've got mine where it will run right at 35 mph. The look on the faces of the other old farts when you blast past them at almost twice their speed. They have the high speed gears, but still have a governor.

CHIEF

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, CHIEF said:

This. 

Also going to the store on the golf cart, I've got mine where it will run right at 35 mph. The look on the faces of the other old farts when you blast past them at almost twice their speed. They have the high speed gears, but still have a governor.

CHIEF

Consider me jealous. In my town, I can only cross a road with a speed limit greater than 25mph, I can't drive down it without making the cart fully street legal. That said, I have found a back way that crosses through a few neighborhoods and down a short stretch of sidewalk that gets me to Kroger. It takes a hell of a lot longer, but on a nice day, its an awesome way to go pick up something to cook for dinner

• Like 1

Local Asian food joint with the nicest freaking people running it... on the menu it says Pot Stickers(6)

I get home and there are 8 in the pan.

Their take out plates make 2 and sometimes 3 meals.  These fuckers are like going to grandma's when you were in college and she's scared you're not getting enough to eat and loads you up.

Good stuff...and we order there about once a week now.

Redbud trees blooming for the month or so that happens before their flowers go away. We have one in our backyard and I always make a point to make my wife appreciate it since it's very fleeting. After the blooms are gone it's a really useless tree. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

^
Agreed. Redbud and dogwoods are over looked in the Easter-whole-family-pic -bluebonnet-craze.

My mom always preferred a redbud popping in the back and it influenced her kids, not that we aren’t above a few bluebonnet pics.

Same. Also love the deep red crepe myrtles that bloom forever in the summer. Smell great.

41 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Most people actually slow down when they know they are holding people up. Makes me surely.

CSB: I had some asshole hurry up to get in front of my car in a parking lot driveway (I had slowed to allow a different pedestrian to pass), and then once in front of me, he slowed to a saunter. Had he just maintained his pace, I would have been past him by the time he got to the street. 

I had an aftermarket horn in my car at the time (not quite an airhorn, but far louder than a stock horn) and I blasted it. He jumped out of his skin, and then cranked an empty Snapple bottle at the front quarterpanel of my car. 

I instinctively got out of my car without giving it too much thought, and only realized once I was out of the car that he would almost certainly beat my ass if it came to it. He asked me what I was going to do, I looked at my car and saw no damage whatsoever, and told him nothing.

We glared at each other for a moment and then we both just went back to our business. I can only imagine that he realized that he was the asshole first, because things wouldn't have ended well for me if he had elected to further escalate the situation. 

/CSB

Edited by Prepuce of Doom