Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

14 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Not trivial, but hell, I have to drop it somewhere: our closing date got moved up 4 days; Monday morning, I can leave the armpit of the universe forever. Super-Kroger Tackle Box will no longer be on my horizon. Free at last, free at last, praise God Almighty, I'm free at last!

Congratulations.  I know that you will enjoy the change of scenery, and definitely the increase in the IQ of your neighbors.

Living just outside Navasota, I am in College Station a lot for groceries, hardware, etc.  Since I joined Shaggy, every time I see a man in UT gear in CS I try to guess whether that man is you.  I'll have to find another guessing game now.

24 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Since I joined Shaggy, every time I see a man in UT gear in CS I try to guess whether that man is you.  I'll have to find another guessing game now.

I remember all the obnoxious aggy I used to meet when I lived in Austin, and I swore when I moved here I wouldn't be like that, so I rarely wear Texas gear out and about. That will probably change now that I will be living where nobody cares.

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I remember all the obnoxious aggy I used to meet when I lived in Austin, and I swore when I moved here I wouldn't be like that, so I rarely wear Texas gear out and about. That will probably change now that I will be living where nobody cares.

So, none of them were you.  I was even worse at it than I thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2019 at 11:47 PM, CoTex said:

In Galveston for a week.

just realized they have what appears to be the nicest Texadelphia in the universe.

with a bar.

Learning that there's a Texadelphia in Galveston after having a house there for 7 years.

There were mushrooms, but I do not like onion or green peppers in my cheese steak.  I don't like green peppers (bell) at all. They give me horrible indigestion.  I taste green peppers every time I burp for 3 days after eating them.  Also not pictured was a big bowl of the mustard blend because those two little containers of the sauce was barely enough for half of my sandwich let alone the fries.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a new 4-door pickup a week ago.  Still figuring out what the different bells & whistles do.

I get home from the store today and the dash light comes on with a beeper sounding, "Check back seat for child."

LOLz, that ain't a kid, that's beer and wine.  Thank you, buzzer for idiots.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 8:13 PM, Iceman said:

I bet that price ain't trivial.

It was worth it. 

The weather finally being nice enough that you can leave the windows open all day and not have to run the A/C. I love this 3-4 weeks of Fall we get here in Dallas. 

• Like 2

My son plays in a fantasy football league with some guys on his cross country team and he kept asking me for advice.  I kept telling him that I only follow college football, but he kept asking me.  So Sunday after church I finally give in and ask him what advice he needed.  He said he had Watson and Rogers as QBs and couldn’t decide who to play.  I told him Rogers was good and the Cowboys suck so he should play Rogers.  I know I shouldn’t laugh, but I don’t think he will be asking for fantasy football advice any more.

Chipmunks. I mean, seeing squirrels is so old hat, it's boring even if you like them. But I saw an actual chipmunk on my walk this morning, and it just about blew my mind.

Then I looked up the distribution map for the Eastern Chipmunk, and it was like, "Oh. I haven't hung out where they are very much before now."

Tamias_striatus_range_map.png

• Like 1

When I'm sitting at a stoplight and see a gas station sign ahead drop the price from $2.22 to 2.17, I need to fillup, and the credit price is the same as cash.  Saved 70 cents today.    #winning

Edited by clapclapclap
Should be a Geico commercial. Except I'm not fat, don't have a fat family, and pay a kid to mow my lawn.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, mdmost said:

It was worth it. 

The weather finally being nice enough that you can leave the windows open all day and not have to run the A/C. I love this 3-4 weeks of Fall we get here in Dallas. 

Got to drive around for 3-4 hours this morning with the windows down. It was glorious.

2 hours ago, nnm said:

The first morning of the fall when I walk out of my home in the Houston area and am not assaulted by the 90+ heat, 90+ humidity.  Lord, that was glorious.  

Followed up by an evening in which my wife is with my kids at a concert and I have nothing to do except sit on the back patio, eat some chips and guacamole, have a drink, and listen to the fountain, all in 80 degree, dry weather. Glorious. 

21 hours ago, nnm said:

Followed up by an evening in which my wife is with my kids at a concert and I have nothing to do except sit on the back patio, eat some chips and guacamole, have a drink, and listen to the fountain, all in 80 degree, dry weather. Glorious. 

I haven't ever heard of it called that before. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Really good garlic bread; went to this seafood joint in Beaufort, NC, last weekend, and the meal overall was nothing really special, but I didn't mind because the view was nice, and the bread before the meal was exceptional. It's amazing, in retrospect, how many culinary sins that can absolve.

Garlic bread is top 10 greatest invention on earth. Top 2 if it's really good

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

Hearing an owl hooting in the city

Oh, man, one of the nicest things about my move has been all the nature all over the place. College Station is one giant cement strip mall, only without the charm of a strip mall.

I took the family on a day trip this weekend, though, to a city park in Durham. "West Point on the Eno". City park, mind you, where on the other side of the street is a shopping center. You turn in, though, and the trees shield you from civilization. It's right across the street, but you don't see it. There's a functioning grist mill there, dates from 1778. Old house, nature trails, the works. Birds, snakes, raccoons, the whole nine yards. And when you exit the parking lot, you're back in "the city".

Sorta had that feeling in Zilker Park, back in the day, though now you can see the skyline from there, so it's not really "disappeared" in quite the same way, but if you imagine it surrounded by incredibly tall pines, that would be the feeling.

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Oh, man, one of the nicest things about my move has been all the nature all over the place. College Station is one giant cement strip mall, only without the charm of a strip mall.

I took the family on a day trip this weekend, though, to a city park in Durham. "West Point on the Eno". City park, mind you, where on the other side of the street is a shopping center. You turn in, though, and the trees shield you from civilization. It's right across the street, but you don't see it. There's a functioning grist mill there, dates from 1778. Old house, nature trails, the works. Birds, snakes, raccoons, the whole nine yards. And when you exit the parking lot, you're back in "the city".

Sorta had that feeling in Zilker Park, back in the day, though now you can see the skyline from there, so it's not really "disappeared" in quite the same way, but if you imagine it surrounded by incredibly tall pines, that would be the feeling.

sounds kinda like the fire roads and trails through memorial park in houston down along buffalo bayou.  you're in the middle of the city but can't see the city.  no grist mill though. 

On 2/24/2019 at 11:27 AM, mdmost said:

The 20 or so Morning Doves that hang out in my backyard tree. Something oddly comforting about seeing them out there every morning

Mark their birdshit they leave in their wake on the trivial things that make you surly thread.

*Mourning

And they are probably collared doves, an invasive species that is displacing the native mourning doves.