Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Sitting on the front porch after working out. Never thought I’d turn into a front porch sitter but here I am.

Oh, man, that first cup of coffee in the morning tastes so much better while sitting on my front porch. We wave at the morning joggers, too. Them, and the busboys on their bicycles headed for restaurant row a few blocks from our house. It's so funny to wave at the grumpy ones, because they can't help but have to wave back, all while they are trying desperately to be surly as fuck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finishing up on a Mon- Thu AM rental of a vacation house in Ruidoso, NM.

Sitting out on balcony in 70 degree weather in the mountain pines and must finish 8 local beers f om the fridge tonight.

Elevation, right at 8k feet.  Wife drinking copious amounts of wine.

oh yes, and Alex Bregman is a fucking hero.

Very pleasing.

Edited by slorch

On 6/29/2018 at 1:54 PM, mr. sunshine said:

I don't think the shower will work if you don't rub one out in it.  From what I can remember from junior high history class, Franklin or Edison did a lot of experimenting in this area

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's no longer allowed to use the locker room at the local YMCA.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's no longer allowed to use the locker room at the local YMCA.

The Downtown YMCA in Wichita Falls had a part of a door in a racquetball court, that when slid out, revealed the ladies lockerroom. Circa 87-88  

It was good for giggles, but most of that stuff was on the Vic Mickey training regimen...

Edited by slorch

I kept forgetting to post this and was reminded about it yesterday.  We were driving on some back roads yesterday through farmland.  For some reason, I get a fairly high degree of satisfaction when the crops are planted in rows that are perpendicular to the roadway.  Everything is just perfectly aligned.  Trivial, but pleasing.

• Like 1

worked my ass off 3 of the last 4 days...physical stuff.  Got to the end today and could only walk upright from back spasms.

they subsided in about 2 hours. Doing better now.

Wife made homemade cheese enchiladas, including some homemade sauce that takes it to 11.  I ate at 2 and again at 6 LOL.

Then I cut an avocado and it is perfectly ripe.

Nice cold beer on hand and Astros game in half an hour.

Fuck back spasms, but the day sure did turn out well.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Being stuck behind the person this morning who thought merging onto I35 going 40mph was a good idea.

Just finished a trip in a 40' class A(rental, no humblebrag) RV

The merging standard operating procedure of the average driver is rage inducing.  If I was a trucker I am sure I would be locked up for killing someone after they merged at 45 then gave me the finger as they speed away because I was "tailgating".  Its a 15 ton RV dickhead, not a Masarati.