Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

A breezy and dry 70 degrees right now at deer camp in SE Uvalde county.  Sprinklers going on lawn by fire ring in the camp circle and fire flies are out and showing off. The dove, quail cardinals, red winged blackbirds and green jays at the bird feeder called it a day. On my 3rd ranch water.  All by my lonesome and couldn’t be more pleased after a hard day of cutting and mowing. 

What kind of self respecting deer camp has sprinklers?

Bacon cooked in the oven on parchment paper. Where has this incredibly easy way to make bacon been all my life?

Took the dog on a walk last night. Since she's 9 months, we're still going through the dart around puppy phase which makes walks a bit of a beating. Before the dog, I used to go on walks every day by myself. I'd either take some music with me or go with nothing to clear my head. Haven't done either in a long time. So I took some music with me on the walk with the dog and it was so much more enjoyable. I found her much easier to walk as I was less focused on what she was doing and more on trying to relax. And to top it off, I finally walked her late enough to see plenty of bats flying around the green space we walk. Haven't seen them since last summer. It's like seeing an old friend again. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

Bacon cooked in the oven on parchment paper. Where has this incredibly easy way to make bacon been all my life?

Took the dog on a walk last night. Since she's 9 months, we're still going through the dart around puppy phase which makes walks a bit of a beating. Before the dog, I used to go on walks every day by myself. I'd either take some music with me or go with nothing to clear my head. Haven't done either in a long time. So I took some music with me on the walk with the dog and it was so much more enjoyable. I found her much easier to walk as I was less focused on what she was doing and more on trying to relax. And to top it off, I finally walked her late enough to see plenty of bats flying around the green space we walk. Haven't seen them since last summer. It's like seeing an old friend again. 

Bacon in the oven is absolutely the way to do it.  Parchment paper or aluminum foil.   Perfect, evenly cooked bacon every time.  

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Bacon in the oven is absolutely the way to do it.  Parchment paper or aluminum foil.   Perfect, evenly cooked bacon every time.  

You haven’t tried it in the air fryer yet, have you? Better than the oven. 

• Like 1

when a thread you've been reading descends into political shit-flinging and outlives its sell-by date, yet stays at the top of the forum, and when you look at the "LAST POST BY", it's poster after poster you've never heard of, probably all newly registered to Fight The Good Fight that everyone else stopped reading two weeks prior

On 6/26/2020 at 5:51 PM, Iceman said:

maybe not trivial, but two fellow military parents sharing that their boys arrived home from deployment safely on US soil today.

I never take it for granted.

Yup - the only time my wife has ever seen me cry was my daughter walked after getting back from S. Korea.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I'm pleased by how many people in my part of Texas are not wearing a mask, how many businesses are not enforcing it, and how many cops don't give a shit.   It's not nearly enough, but it's a good start.

So you hate college football, and believe in killing the old, weak, and sick to make room for the strong. Got it. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been honing the craft of flyswatting on the porch of my in-laws country place.

Now I'm pretty much a sniper with this thing.

Killing flies is oh so satisfying.

If I could do the same with mosquitos, life would be complete. 

38 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Savoring that little, semi-melted piece of cheese that you find stuck to your Whataburger wrapper after you finish off your burger.  

A delectable bonus at the end of a great burger. 

I prefer to scoop up that little bastard with a French fry before eating anything else. 

The nice kick from the salt in the chocolate chip cookies my youngest makes. It's enjoyable that she's at an age where she enjoys to cook for others. She's been working to perfect her chocolate chip cookies and is getting close. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Our household is coming to the conclusion that salt is the most critical ingredient in chocolate chip cookies. It's obviously not the most important in terms of being able to meet the bare minimum criteria of what constitutes a chocolate chip cookie (hard to beat the chocolate chips there...) but in terms of distinguishing the delicious from the merely adequate.