Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

Got in a Terrytown stand-off with a Surly wife and daughter in a new baby blue Land Cruiser. Cars parked on both curbs making it one way. As I’m halfway through, she approaches, enters the one lane then stops and give me the out of the way signal. There are multiple cars behind me and nowhere to go. She then puts it in park and starts laughing with daughter. Crosses arms and won’t budge for a min or two. Eventually Amazon delivery yells at her to move. She is clearly drunk and pissed off. 

She animatedly shifts to reverse, guns it, and smashes the back end of the LC into a poor worker’s truck parked on the side of the road. Gave her a thumbs up when went around her. Would love to hear the story she tells her husband. Vhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Got in a Terrytown stand-off with a Surly wife and daughter in a new baby blue Land Cruiser. Cars parked on both curbs making it one way. As I’m halfway through, she approaches, enters the one lane then stops and give me the out of the way signal. There are multiple cars behind me and nowhere to go. She then puts it in park and starts laughing with daughter. Crosses arms and won’t budge for a min or two. Eventually Amazon delivery yells at her to move. She is clearly drunk and pissed off. 

She animatedly shifts to reverse, guns it, and smashes the back end of the LC into a poor worker’s truck parked on the side of the road. Gave her a thumbs up when went around her. Would love to hear the story she tells her husbandVhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive

Spoiler: You were being an asshole. 

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2022 at 12:39 PM, Lone Star Horn said:

I just spoke to a co-worker about his daughter's entry last year. He realized that if he had one of the wheels higher (not touching the track) than the other three, it made the car faster. 25% less friction = faster car. She won all her heats, and came in second to the winner, who he swears was a kit built car that probably cost more than $40. 

Good luck next year

On 2/3/2022 at 2:09 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

i thought they were supposed to check for the bent axel/all tires touching.  it's a known exploit but it's been a decade since we have raced so who knows what the rules are now.

They do. My daughter almost wasn't able to enter hers because the inspecting judge said all wheels weren't touching (narrator: they were, and dad was visibly annoyed). We spent 20 minutes in the adjustment room trying to get them perfect. Ultimately we barely did anything and low and behold that stupid inspector was like "they're good now" ... I wanted to tell her we did absolutely nothing but I didn't wanna ruin it for the girl. 

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

They do. My daughter almost wasn't able to enter hers because the inspecting judge said all wheels weren't touching (narrator: they were, and dad was visibly annoyed). We spent 20 minutes in the adjustment room trying to get them perfect. Ultimately we barely did anything and low and behold that stupid inspector was like "they're good now" ... I wanted to tell her we did absolutely nothing but I didn't wanna ruin it for the girl. 

*lo

On 4/8/2022 at 10:39 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

While CBS preempts Colbert to pimp The Masters, it gives me a chance to watch Jimmy Kimmel’s monologue before Colbert’s show starts. 

Actually, they both suck ass.  Late night tv is fucking terrible now.  

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new pair of filson wool gloves for xmas this year.  The right glove went MIA from my truck the week after duck season closed and I have been oddly sad about losing such a replaceable item.  Today while at school drop off my ten yr old daughter jumps out and screams your not gonna freaking believe it!  Glove is laying there in the grass in almost perfect condition 3 months after losing it.  Sometimes it's the small things in life.  

3 hours ago, dbagg said:

I got a new pair of filson wool gloves for xmas this year.  The right glove went MIA from my truck the week after duck season closed and I have been oddly sad about losing such a replaceable item.  Today while at school drop off my ten yr old daughter jumps out and screams your not gonna freaking believe it!  Glove is laying there in the grass in almost perfect condition 3 months after losing it.  Sometimes it's the small things in life.  

Really? You let your child say "freaking"? SMDH

• Haha 1

It's really satisfying fixing things yourself. Our fridge was acting up and after just 15 minutes of research I found it was a known issue with one of the circuit boards. New board ordered at $300 which included next day air. Popped it in, all good. Only about 2 hours of my time which also included cleaning coils. I bet a service call would have been around 2x and approaching 3x.

• Hook 'Em 2

Watching the homes around me selling at ever increasing prices.

We paid a little over $900K for our house in 2016. Replaced floors, windows and renovated our downstairs. Probably spent another $120K or so doing it.

My neighbor and I were ecstatic when a house around the corner sold for over $1M. The same model as my house but further down the road sold for $1.3M. 2 homes in the neighborhood recently sold for $1.6M and $1.8M.

It's kinda nice knowing my house is worth a lot, but It's all paper money. I can't afford to buy anything else. 

16 hours ago, Superhero said:

Watching the homes around me selling at ever increasing prices.

We paid a little over $900K for our house in 2016. Replaced floors, windows and renovated our downstairs. Probably spent another $120K or so doing it.

My neighbor and I were ecstatic when a house around the corner sold for over $1M. The same model as my house but further down the road sold for $1.3M. 2 homes in the neighborhood recently sold for $1.6M and $1.8M.

It's kinda nice knowing my house is worth a lot, but It's all paper money. I can't afford to buy anything else. 

That’s the problem with this.  Unless you don’t care about school districts, distance to job, or your friends and your kids friends, the best you can do is borrow against equity because if you sell you have to move somewhere else.   And staying in the same neighborhood and schools will likely cost as much to find a new place.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

That’s the problem with this.  Unless you don’t care about school districts, distance to job, or your friends and your kids friends, the best you can do is borrow against equity because if you sell you have to move somewhere else.   And staying in the same neighborhood and schools will likely cost as much to find a new place.

All of this. We bought the place because the location was amazing. Across the street from a big park, community pool 30 seconds away; elementary and middle school both within 5 minute walking distance. 10 minute walk to a hiking trail, 5 minute drive to Costco and Total Wine. 7.5 miles from work (we work in offices diagonal from each other). If the traffic light gods are working with me, it’s a 15 minute drive to work.

We’ll probably hold onto this place until my knees hurt too much to climb the stairs. 

• Hook 'Em 1