Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

• 3 weeks later...

Having an auto claim that has been pending since January come back( with a check for my deductible) with fault assigned to the other cocksucking driver.

Score one for the good guys...probably not trivial either.

• 2 weeks later...

The small grocery store near my house has some kind of weird inside track to getting incredibly fresh gummi worms in their bulk snacks section (chocolate covered almonds, mixed nuts, wasabi peas, trail mix - that little area). 

I'm not normally a big fan of gummi anything, but there's something really addictive about the very fresh worms they have, and they please me in a trivial fashion. 

I'm also very good at biting them in half right at the exact spot where the color/flavor shifting gradient occurs - I may well have been endowed with the world's most useless super power. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 8:16 AM, Shoxthemonkey said:

Watching the odometer on my daily driver make palindromes like 192291 or repeating combos like 192192. I sometimes pull over and admire it for awhile. Maybe take a picture. Makes me smile.

I get ragey when I have been looking forward to an upcoming event and get distracted by something on the radio or actual driving duties and miss it. 192291 will be on the way home today.

Wholly smokes, other than myself, you are the first one I've found that does that.   Don't know why,  but it's strangely safisfying.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Wholly smokes, other than myself, you are the first one I've found that does that.   Don't know why,  but it's strangely safisfying.

First car I had was a '66 Ford Galaxy 500. Mechanical odometer. I'd reach back under the steering column when it hit a notable mileage and unscrew the cable so that I could drive around for a while and admire the uniqueness.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Yeah that's the exact opposite of what I am talking about.  Boston v Astros the other night.  Foul ball some dude catches it.  Hands it to some kid about 2 rows behind him and the look on that kids face was awesome.  Fuck the bitch in that video.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Yeah that's the exact opposite of what I am talking about.  Boston v Astros the other night.  Foul ball some dude catches it.  Hands it to some kid about 2 rows behind him and the look on that kids face was awesome.  Fuck the bitch in that video.

I was just being a dick by posting that. 

One of my FB friends posted a few months ago that she knew the woman and defended her saying she's a nice person but made a terrible mistake in the heat of the moment and later regretted it. Complete BS.

• 2 weeks later...

Dining out.

Jamie's Restaurant, a superior burger joint on South Main across from the Shamrock Hilton in Houston in the late 60s early 70s, used a clever and efficient cure for hovering waitstaff interrupting you and your guests every three minutes, asking "How's everybody doing?" to accelerate tips and the burning and turning of your table. On each table sat a miniature metal flagpole with a tiny raise-and-lowerable Texas state flag on a little cord.  When you needed a waiter, you raised your little Lone Star flag.  When the waiter brought your whatever, he lowered the little flag, and otherwise stayed the fuck away!  Eureka!

On 9/29/2018 at 7:59 AM, Bama Llama said:

Dining out.

Jamie's Restaurant, a superior burger joint on South Main across from the Shamrock Hilton in Houston in the late 60s early 70s, used a clever and efficient cure for hovering waitstaff interrupting you and your guests every three minutes, asking "How's everybody doing?" to accelerate tips and the burning and turning of your table. On each table sat a miniature metal flagpole with a tiny raise-and-lowerable Texas state flag on a little cord.  When you needed a waiter, you raised your little Lone Star flag.  When the waiter brought your whatever, he lowered the little flag, and otherwise stayed the fuck away!  Eureka!

Sounds like Panchos, the classiest of Mexican buffets there ever was.