Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

And do the hand dolphin out the window? Because that's what I do on nice weather days.

I help out sometimes with morning drop off at my kid's school, opening car doors in the drop off area to keep the line moving.  Most of the kids just jump out and fly right by you after you open the door. But some have wonderful manners and say "good morning" and "thank you" when you welcome them out the door and wish them a good morning. A very small thing but it's really cool to see polite kids.

• Like 4

Pretty good one there MD.

I enjoy the relationships built with my best friends, and now that we're all having kids, the bonds that formulate among the little ones.  When your best friends' kids call you Uncle, even with no blood relation, it's a pretty special thing.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Killing fire ants.

Oh, man... boiling water with a bit of soap and orange oil in it, and pouring that out on a fire ant mound... and coming back and doing it again the next day, after the survivors dragged all the carcasses up and made a hill of dead ants overnight... that is some serious satisfaction.

My 9 year old son is mostly nonverbal, but he didn't need words today: checkout guy at HEB was trying to give him grief over his Longhorns t-shirt, and Little Guy gave him the biggest, bestest eye-rolling look of disgust I'd ever seen. Even the aggy in question had to laugh. Though I imagine his supervisor standing behind him might have had something to do with that.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 10:42 PM, Trey3216 said:

Getting home from church before noon, thinking you’re out of beer, but opening up the fridge to see a 6 pack that your cousin left when they stayed the night.    

On that note, came home from doing some handy work for my wife's Grandma in her dirty, hot ass house. We were discussing dinner and I said "I think I'm just gonna go grab something... really wanna pick up some beer too after today." 

Wife says "look in the fridge. I got the 18 pack while you were out because it was only 2 bucks more than the 12 pack." 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

On that note, came home from doing some handy work for my wife's Grandma in her dirty, hot ass house. We were discussing dinner and I said "I think I'm just gonna go grab something... really wanna pick up some beer too after today." 

Wife says "look in the fridge. I got the 18 pack while you were out because it was only 2 bucks more than the 12 pack." 

Nice!

8 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I live on a bunch of land and the Herbicide final solution is real and difficult. 

I relate to this a lot.

On a similar note, observing fully dead weeds no longer growing around my large driveway after proper Round Up application is equally satisfying.

more satisfying than the cancer diagnosis?

Laying new squares of St. Augustine and worrying about how well they'll take only to have a nice 3 hour rainstorm later in the day that will make your work that much easier. 

Taking out the boxwoods in the front of my house with a mattock pick. When you perfectly pull that root out, it's so enjoyable. Now the front is so clean looking. The lady who lives in my house doesn't understand why it brought so much joy. Women. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...