Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

Getting a bonus after a shit year for my company. We had 3 projects worth > $1 billion get put in limbo. About $300 million in revenue went poof overnight.

My department scrambled to bid everything we could get our hands on so layoffs wouldn't happen. We didn't make up the $300 million, and things are still dicey. 

I wasn't expecting a bonus, but will gladly take one.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Superhero said:

Getting a bonus after a shit year for my company. We had 3 projects worth > $1 billion get put in limbo. About $300 million in revenue went poof overnight.

My department scrambled to bid everything we could get our hands on so layoffs wouldn't happen. We didn't make up the $300 million, and things are still dicey. 

I wasn't expecting a bonus, but will gladly take one.

Yeah, but how much did the guys in Seattle get?

Edited by Jameslaw121
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Got rid of my kids old playground fort that was going unused and was just an eyesore. Some of the screws were rusted out and I couldn't take them out. So I just had to break the boards to take the thing down. Very satisfying. Now I just have to wait for bulk trash to set it out. 

Next we're getting them a trampoline that I'll eventually have the same pleasure in removing. 

On 4/4/2021 at 7:29 PM, mdmost said:

Got rid of my kids old playground fort that was going unused and was just an eyesore. Some of the screws were rusted out and I couldn't take them out. So I just had to break the boards to take the thing down. Very satisfying. Now I just have to wait for bulk trash to set it out. 

Next we're getting them a trampoline that I'll eventually have the same pleasure in removing. 

My daughter's playscape definitely had a finite life span. But the trampoline has proved to be ageless. Shit, I even jump my old ass around on it on occasion.

Looking at the clock, realizing you are shitfaced and have to be ready for work in under 4 hours. Then realizing you are really shitfaced and its your Friday night.

99b7f0a64eb85fcd96ca1b661e74c001.jpg

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2021 at 1:19 PM, Superhero said:

Watching my dry her hair wearing a t-shirt and panties is a treat. She's 43, still has a great pair of legs and usually wears these itsy bitsy panties.

This with my wife also pleases me. It’s the simple things in life, really. That first sip of fresh coffee, that perfect day and a nice drive, glimpses/peeks of the wife in various stages. 

13 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

This with my wife also pleases me. It’s the simple things in life, really. That first sip of fresh coffee, that perfect day and a nice drive, glimpses/peeks of the wife in various stages. 

Ain’t nothing better than riding a fine horse in new country. 
Except my wife’s nip slips, and we’ve been together for ten years. 

On 3/22/2021 at 9:05 PM, castolon said:

Happening upon a fresh pot of coffee at work. It’s still shit coffee but at least it’s fresh

On 3/23/2021 at 12:04 AM, castolon said:

Out of my last shift rotation, tonight was the one and only.

These two quotes reminded me of spending time at the fire station and the ER. Firefighters ALWAYS make fresh coffee. Emergency Room, not so much, but both of them make coffee strong enough to crawl out of the cup. 

It also reminded me of how fortunate I am that now I have an office, and can have my own Keurig instead of having to use the communal coffee pots. 

Trivial thing that pleases the ever loving shit out of me. I have an office, and don't work in a cubicle farm. It's not a big office, but it's awesome to have a little sanctuary during the work day. 

18 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

10 yr old daughter decided out of the blue to play softball. Spent an hour or so playing catch earlier.

Watching the game are a beating however.

One the things I do with my 24 yo daughter. Watching softball together has always kinda been our thing.  When she was stationed in S. Korea, I turned on the first softball game of the season and grabbed a beer. Obviouly hadn't seen her in awhile. Suddenly got a text with "Did you see that catch???"

It had to be like 2 in the morning there

Edited by Jameslaw121
  • Hook 'Em 4

Probably mentioned this before, but it's freakin' awesome having a personal banker. He's the only person I really need to talk to at Chase. Forget dialing into a phone tree waiting for someone to answer the phone. Have a question? Call Joe. Want to order checks? Call Joe. I wanted to re-fi my mortgage, he set me up with the mortgage guy. I needed some investment and tax advice, he set me up with Chris to talk it through. 

The limits to qualify for Chase Private Client isn't even that high. $150,000 in bank accounts, brokerages accounts, etc. is pretty low. Totally recommend it.

13 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Probably mentioned this before, but it's freakin' awesome having a personal banker. He's the only person I really need to talk to at Chase. Forget dialing into a phone tree waiting for someone to answer the phone. Have a question? Call Joe. Want to order checks? Call Joe. I wanted to re-fi my mortgage, he set me up with the mortgage guy. I needed some investment and tax advice, he set me up with Chris to talk it through. 

The limits to qualify for Chase Private Client isn't even that high. $150,000 in bank accounts, brokerages accounts, etc. is pretty low. Totally recommend it.

Great advice! Gonna give Joe a ring Monday morning.

But first: could you forward me Joe's number and, uh ... $149,900 cash?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ordering checks? Wtf are those
Re-fi? Call Phil

Sitting at my sons football practices. I realized the other day I’ve been sitting in a lawn chair twice a week in the heat, cold since he was 9. He’s now 14 and next yet will be a freshman and there will be no more me taking him to practice. Kinda mad me sad to be honest. He’s a great kid and a hell of a football player so we will see what happens after high school. Although we are OU fans through and through I have told him if Texas offers him to commit immediately. The one things I think Texas does better than OU is taking care of their players after they are done with football. 

Edited by Pdawg88
  • Hook 'Em 1

The weather right now. That sweet spot before Texas feels like a sweat box. 

The little squeals my 11 year old makes when she watches her new pet hamster run around in his cage. The hamster is really stinking cute. 

Edited by mdmost

48 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The weather right now. That sweet spot before Texas feels like a sweat box. 

The little squeals my 11 year old makes when she watches her new pet hamster run around in his cage. The hamster is really stinking cute. 

• 2 weeks later...
I was getting on an elevator at work and my ear bud slipped out. It was slow motion watching it hit the floor then roll directly for the gap between the floor and elevator. Right as it was going to fall in the gap it bounced and skipped right over it stopping about an inch away.

Probably belongs in the wives thread, but she’s ex wife now. She managed to drop her keys in that elevator gap at work once. Building maintenance had to go retrieve them.