Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

That sounds not trivial. But, I also don’t exactly know what it means. 

He and his team have been doing a bunch of work around the Afghan refugees that have been sheltering there. General Milley was on site and recognized their effort. Coining is a traditional pat on the back, that also parlays into bar fun- if you challenge your peer for their coin and they don’t have it, they pay for that round. If they do have it, you’re on the hook.

The coolest thing for my son was that he got to meet the highest ranking military person in our armed forces.  From a dad’s perspective, it has also been very gratifying to hear him say that this experience dealing with the refugees has made him feel like he finally got to do what he joined the military for.

Edited by slorch

On 8/9/2021 at 1:28 PM, Longboard Horn said:

Even though Alabama has multiple championships and awards they have never beaten Rice. 0-3 against the Owls. 

Dicky Moegle just passed away in July of this year.  He'll always be associated with these 2 teams and the Cotton Bowl in my book.

On 9/9/2021 at 7:44 AM, nnm said:

Enjoy it, savor it. We do a good job celebrating our kids’ “firsts” (first steps, first day of school, etc.).  

But we don’t remember the lasts. They pass us by and we never even knew it. The last time we danced with our little girl. The last time you comforted your little boy after he fell. The last time you played catch. The last time you and your wife snuggled with them.

One of these times it will be the last—they’ll grow up too much, too big, too mature. And you won’t notice the last time.

My kids are grown now.  Out of the house, doing their thing.  They’re awesome people, and I love knowing them as independent adults, seeing them demonstrate proficiency in their areas, beyond anything I can do.  But I miss my little boy.  I miss my little girls.

So savor the times you do have, savor the snuggling, the smell, the feel, the complete satisfaction in having your sweet family together, resting in each others’ arms. It is a sweet time, a sweet feeling, that will sweep by, never to be repeated. 

Since my son (now 8 ) was born, he used to sit next to me during UT games in my recliner. Last week, when they scored the first time I realized daughter (now 2) was in "his" spot. And he was one the couch. It was a small thing, but it stuck with me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Shit that actually works as good as advertised. I've tried prescriptions, supplements, witch doctors, you name it.

Nothing works as good or as fast as this. Miracle in a bottle.

900.jpg

I dealt with calf cramping, and occasional foot cramping, for a long time. A few years ago I started using this stuff when my son was playing football and used to chug pedialyte the night before games. I found this stuff instead. A few drops in every glass/bottle of water I drink and poof, no calf or foot cramps ever. 
https://www.amazon.com/LyteShow-Electrolyte-Concentrate-Rehydration-Additives/dp/B00EISFBYA

Edited by nnm
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe not trivial, but, good people. Left hula hut and put my phone on the roof of the car while putting little man in and of course I left it there and drove off. Realize about halfway home i forgot it.  Got home, got my iPad for the find your iPhone app. Chased the little dot all around west lake, through zilker then down Congress to South Austin all the while thinking “why hasn’t this guy stopped, why am I going all over the place, certainly this person knows phones are track-able”. Finally, we stop at a house and I have no idea what to expect. But, a really nice cyclist walks up to the car asking if the phone was mine.  They could have easily grabbed the cash (it’s a wallet/phone), kept the wallet and tossed the phone. People don’t always suck.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Was rocking the youngling daughter to sleep and heard Jack White “We’re gonna be friends”.   I liked that song, now I’ve listened to it 77 times in a row     I’m not mad about it.   I’m trying to not cry.   Damn 
They played that song at my daughter's middle school graduation along with an excellent photo montage of the kids at school. There was a burly biker dude sitting next to me and I'm not sure which one of us was crying more.
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 4:11 PM, Atxracer said:

Maybe not trivial, but, good people. Left hula hut and put my phone on the roof of the car while putting little man in and of course I left it there and drove off. Realize about halfway home i forgot it.  Got home, got my iPad for the find your iPhone app. Chased the little dot all around west lake, through zilker then down Congress to South Austin all the while thinking “why hasn’t this guy stopped, why am I going all over the place, certainly this person knows phones are track-able”. Finally, we stop at a house and I have no idea what to expect. But, a really nice cyclist walks up to the car asking if the phone was mine.  They could have easily grabbed the cash (it’s a wallet/phone), kept the wallet and tossed the phone. People don’t always suck.  

Found a dude's wallet awhile back on the ground at a gas station. It was a broke college kid so he didn't have any cash but had a debit card and his student ID in there. I found him on Instagram and told him I had his wallet. He was so excited I had found it and offered to pay me. I thought that was silly. Doesn't take much effort to do something like that - or what that cyclist did. But I guess stuff like that doesn't always happen enough. 

First week at college my son texted me and said he lost his wallet.  I told him to go to the campus police station and check and see if anyone turned it in.  He laughed at me, but did it any way.  One of the cleaning people had turned it in with nothing missing.  There are still good people in this country, they just don't seem to run for office, or even vote.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Found a dude's wallet awhile back on the ground at a gas station. It was a broke college kid so he didn't have any cash but had a debit card and his student ID in there. I found him on Instagram and told him I had his wallet. He was so excited I had found it and offered to pay me. I thought that was silly. Doesn't take much effort to do something like that - or what that cyclist did. But I guess stuff like that doesn't always happen enough. 

Was down in the DFW area few years ago and dumbass me left my wallet on the gas pump and drove off, guy right after me found it and followed me back to our hotel to return it, wouldn’t accept a reward.  

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Imma put this hear because there were no injuries.  I'm driving on the I-10 service road in spring branch.  You may have heard we have bad drivers in Houston sometimes.  This dipshit going about sixty cuts across two lanes to get in front of two cars (including me) about to merge onto 10.  He does not see that there is a curb protecting the merge lane.  He hits that bad boy at full speed, sparks fly, he loses control, side swipes a retaining wall, hit some more shit and limps to a crawl on the entrance ramp.  His shit is all fucked up and he takes the exit.  It's little joys like this that make life worth living.

Ha ha, was that the one west bound at Brittmoore?  Fuckers are always hopping that one and cutting people off