Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
20 hours ago, Llogg said:
My boy balling the fuck out in a fifth grade basketball game.

I thought he was getting crushed by a future OL?

He was. Then he was popping up and dropping step back 12 footers in their eye before sealing the overtime 1 point victory with a clutch free throw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tfoolry said:

Coworkers that use IM instead of email as if I should drop what I’m doing to answer their stupid question. 

Coworkers that use email for a single sentence or question when IM would have been sufficient.

Users that insist on emailing All Employees from their personal account when they should be using departmental email accounts (HR@ourdomain.com, e.g.).  When your company is 800+, don't email me from HR and act like I should know who the hell you are.

Getting to a restaurant for lunch or getting in any line really right before a huge rush hits. Went to grab potbelly for lunch today and was the fourth person in line. Before I finished paying, the line was probably 30 deep. 

4 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 1/5/2019 at 5:01 PM, Underdog said:
When you pull into a parking spot and the spot in front of you is empty and is still empty when you return allowing you to pull on through.  

Why didnt you pull through in the first place?

Because I would be loading stuff in the back. 

This Marie Kondo tidying up your shit stuff is amazing. Folding my clothes into small sizes to make them stand up in my drawer shouldn't be this pleasing. A lot of the crap in our house that we've amassed fits the definition of trivial things. Getting rid of all of it unless it still gives us joy is very enjoyable. It's ridiculous how much crap we hold onto.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 6:49 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

If you haven't felt the joy of peppermint soap while washing your balls, well the you haven't lived brother.

Dr. Bronner's for the motherfucking win. This shit right here is gospel. It's also nice when the Mrs. uses it, and I get second-hand peppermint all over my face.

3 hours ago, PilotsError said:

In every bag of cool ranch Doritos (and I assume other flavors) there's one or two chips that get completely over-seasoned.  Those are delicious.  

Amen, I wished they sold bags of nothing but the over seasoned chips.

CHIEF

This Marie Kondo tidying up your shit stuff is amazing. Folding my clothes into small sizes to make them stand up in my drawer shouldn't be this pleasing. A lot of the crap in our house that we've amassed fits the definition of trivial things. Getting rid of all of it unless it still gives us joy is very enjoyable. It's ridiculous how much crap we hold onto.
Of you develop a system, in interested.

My system is to get pissed off, usually from recognizing I have no future, or just not enough sex.... And then finding some sort in the off looking at, and then throwing away anything in the vicinity.

But i/we have so much shit...i plan to get rid of a bunch of it this winter/spring...

We watched a couple of the episodes on Netflix with her helping families with a couple kids use her system. There was a couple who had so much shit that I got anxiety pains watching them unveil all the crap they had amassed in their garage.

We're not as bad as them but it made me sweat thinking how much crap they had to go through. My clothes took about 2 hours this morning. The kids clothes yesterday took most of the day as they can't go non-stop without whining. Next is going through our books (we have a small library in our house), papers (way too much especially in my office), our storage closets, and finally the kids toys and mementos. The wife read the book and says it will take up to 6 months to fully declutter. After yesterday, I tend to believe that figure. But I already feel so much better just looking at my side of the closet. My dad was a paper pack rat and I think I inherited that from him. My mom is a hoarder with lots of weird collections like aquarium furniture (the stuff you place in the fish tank like a castle or chest) and wall pockets. It is the height of trivial shit. She's a lost cause though. At some point, my brother and I will have to deal with all that crap but there's no way she can pair down all the crap. It's pretty sad. 

Seriously, @Snacks, get your wife this book. I bought this 6 months ago for the wife and she resisted reading it until some friends started talking about how much they enjoyed getting rid of stuff due to this book. She read it cover to cover in 2 hours.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering-Organizing/dp/1607747308/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1548123503&sr=8-4&keywords=marie+kondo

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

I walked in on my wife watching it last week. I was giving her shit about it, making fun of the host “greeting the house” and asking “does it give you joy”. We ended up watching a few.

Well I ended up spending a few hours throwing away crap in the garage and office and giving away clothes. It really has been a great feeling.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

We watched a couple of the episodes on Netflix with her helping families with a couple kids use her system. There was a couple who had so much shit that I got anxiety pains watching them unveil all the crap they had amassed in their garage.

We're not as bad as them but it made me sweat thinking how much crap they had to go through. My clothes took about 2 hours this morning. The kids clothes yesterday took most of the day as they can't go non-stop without whining. Next is going through our books (we have a small library in our house), papers (way too much especially in my office), our storage closets, and finally the kids toys and mementos. The wife read the book and says it will take up to 6 months to fully declutter. After yesterday, I tend to believe that figure. But I already feel so much better just looking at my side of the closet. My dad was a paper pack rat and I think I inherited that from him. My mom is a hoarder with lots of weird collections like aquarium furniture (the stuff you place in the fish tank like a castle or chest) and wall pockets. It is the height of trivial shit. She's a lost cause though. At some point, my brother and I will have to deal with all that crap but there's no way she can pair down all the crap. It's pretty sad. 

Seriously, @Snacks, get your wife this book. I bought this 6 months ago for the wife and she resisted reading it until some friends started talking about how much they enjoyed getting rid of stuff due to this book. She read it cover to cover in 2 hours.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering-Organizing/dp/1607747308/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1548123503&sr=8-4&keywords=marie+kondo

Kindled... I bought it for me. I'm dumping eeerthang. 

We moved into our new house a month ago or so.. spark joy is going to be a breeze going through shit one box by one box.

Baby clothes will be my weakness and I have a feeling we'll keep too much of that. We're doing a garage sale in the spring so hopefully that'll be inspiration to get rid of it after I "thank" the clothes.

18 hours ago, mdmost said:

Divorce is popular too. One may cost more than the other initially, so there's that, but it is a longer term solution.

Edited by El Diablo