Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

Peeling the protective sheet off something you just bought.

Related story: many moons ago, I'm waiting in line at Best Buy to exchange something that was DOA out of the box. Old man in front of me has a microwave in his cart. The store was busy as hell (like I said, this was a long time ago before Amazon really took off) so after waiting a while, the old man is pissy as well as the dude running the service desk. Guy plops the microwave on the counter and starts cursing about how he has only had the microwave for a month or so and had to pay someone to remove it to bring back because the keypad section has "started to bubble".

The dude behind the counter blurts out a laugh, apologizes, then reaches over and peels off the film from the keypad. Old dudes face turned 8 shades of red. He loaded it back in his cart and hauled ass while myself and the dude behind the counter are trying to stifle laughter.

Seeing a cop cite 3 ( out of 8 )different vehicles for illegally parking in handicap spots. If they’re not gonna clean up left lane hogs; this is a very close 2nd.  

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

Picking your nose after it has been bleeding and getting a 2-3 inch vein to come out with the crust.  Yeah the bleeding will start again, but its worth it.

Snot rocketing a bloody nose in the shower.  Watching that giant wad of blood come out is one of the most elegant things...

The sound of my 8 year old typing on her typewriter. That was the only thing she really wanted for Christmas and she loves it. She wants to write stories and was inspired by authors who had to use typewriters to make the stories she likes. 

Finding a completely new way to go on a route I'd normally drive only 1 or 2 ways (home to kids school). I think this weird behavior comes from my dad who always loved to take a new way to get to church every Sunday. The man really loved to wander around.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 8

On 2/13/2019 at 8:39 PM, BurntEyes said:

Finding "worlds" on the internet you never knew existed that are dedicated to a hobbies you love/are interested in.

Specifically in this instance traveling way off grid via "off road" type RVs and vehicles.

I recently bought an older tractor for our farm. Mainly for me and my dad to have a project to do together and I was amazed how many message boards and forums their were. Basically any question you can possibly have for any make or model tractor, no matter how old, someone’s answered 100 different times.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mdmost said:

The sound of my 8 year old typing on her typewriter. That was the only thing she really wanted for Christmas and she loves it. She wants to write stories and was inspired by authors who had to use typewriters to make the stories she likes. 

Finding a completely new way to go on a route I'd normally drive only 1 or 2 ways (home to kids school). I think this weird behavior comes from my dad who always loved to take a new way to get to church every Sunday. The man really loved to wander around.

Was your dad a Russian spy or escaped convict?

Peeling the protective sheet off something you just bought.

Related story: many moons ago, I'm waiting in line at Best Buy to exchange something that was DOA out of the box. Old man in front of me has a microwave in his cart. The store was busy as hell (like I said, this was a long time ago before Amazon really took off) so after waiting a while, the old man is pissy as well as the dude running the service desk. Guy plops the microwave on the counter and starts cursing about how he has only had the microwave for a month or so and had to pay someone to remove it to bring back because the keypad section has "started to bubble".

The dude behind the counter blurts out a laugh, apologizes, then reaches over and peels off the film from the keypad. Old dudes face turned 8 shades of red. He loaded it back in his cart and hauled ass while myself and the dude behind the counter are trying to stifle laughter.

Someone in our office sent out a shitty email about the condition of the new microwave and people using forks to push the buttons. He got really pissed when we wrote all over it with a sharpie and put big holes in the plastic film. He did not learn anything because he still sends out shitty emails over things he doesn’t fully understand.

On 2/11/2019 at 11:55 PM, El Diablo said:

I'm laughing with you but I've found myself realizing that there was that film on stuff I've owned for a long time and had just never noticed it until maybe a corner peeled up from old age.

I had my Rolex for about three weeks before I found the last piece of protective tape on it.  Must have had about 20 different pieces in all.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:28 AM, BayouBill said:

I recently bought an older tractor for our farm. Mainly for me and my dad to have a project to do together and I was amazed how many message boards and forums their were. Basically any question you can possibly have for any make or model tractor, no matter how old, someone’s answered 100 different times.

Put your pictures on our tractor thread in the Hobbies forum, if you would like.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

HEB curbside. It’s fucking glorious. I place my order while at work and pick it up on the way home.

Jesus

Why don't you just have it delivered too?

When I do not have time to actually go into the store, get a basket and pick out my own food I will just give up.

Plus if you curbside it....you do not get to view of all of the fabulous yoga pant wearing MILFS which means there is really no reason to live.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Jesus

Why don't you just have it delivered too?

When I do not have time to actually go into the store, get a basket and pick out my own food I will just give up.

Plus if you curbside it....you do not get to view of all of the fabulous yoga pant wearing MILFS which means there is really no reason to live.

I don't like the 2 hour delivery window.  With curbside, I have my groceries within 5 minutes of pulling up and I drive right by it on the way home anyway.

MILF game isn't super strong at the Allandale HEB. Mostly, it's filled with the Central Austin Woman Stereotype (40, REI walking shorts, Birkinstocks, and wearing a backpack for no reason).  Who am I kidding. I still look.

30 minutes ago, bluto said:

Holy shit how long do you let the claws get before trimming?

Sometimes as much as a week past the point where I first notice that it's time to cut them. Maybe 3-3.5mm at most? I don't like to cut them after I've showered, and I sometimes forget that I need to do it until after I've already got my feet wet. So it gets put off a bit. 

Give me your address and I'll send you the next batch if you're really that interested.

20 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Sometimes as much as a week past the point where I first notice that it's time to cut them. Maybe 3-3.5mm at most? I don't like to cut them after I've showered, and I sometimes forget that I need to do it until after I've already got my feet wet. So it gets put off a bit. 

Give me your address and I'll send you the next batch if you're really that interested.

What? That's the best time to do it. They're softened up and don't shoot across the room like shrapnel. 

True enough, but I've personally found that the softness and pliability you describe tends to correlate with accidentally clipping too deeply and/or tearing painfully far down into my nailbed. 

I'll take toenail shrapnel ping pong in the bathroom (never on carpet, NMAS, you sick, accusatory fuck!) over pain and discomfort mixed in with the occasional ingrown toenail. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

I’m waiting on my wife to drop something off at a friends house.  Sitting in car watching neighbor kids play.  They have a mini-bike.  The old school little motorcycle you pull cord start.  

Older kid about 15 showing them all how it’s done, gonna teach the younger kids proper operation technique.

He just crashed the fuck out of it into a parked car.  Funny - it dragged him down driveway and across street accelerating all the way.

no serious injuries, shorts ripped and some skin lost but that’s it, I’m happy now, this is the best thing I’ve seen all day.

• Like 8