PVAMU Vs The Running Rice Owls

ButtFumble

7-0 Rice on the back of a 7+ minute drive with mostly runs and a couple of forward passes

Rice going back to 1960s football and doing it well so far

PVAMU had made a drive to open and had it at their 30 something and was going to go for it on 4th and 4 and there was a false start so they punted

Rice kicks off with a not so great kick that bounces at the 10 and the PVAMU returner flubs it and finally gets it Rice takes him down at the 7

3rd and 10 at the 7 Rice has a big rush and the QB does a half assed desperation pitch back to the 4 PVAMU punts Rice ball at the PVAMU 45

Edited by ButtFumble

49 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I am watching on a bootleg stream

http://goatdee.net/460137/watch-prairie-view-vs-rice

someone complained of a virus on another stream for the DUQ Vs UMass game so be careful I am not getting a virus warning though

Rice bust a big 34 yard run down to the 10

Goatdee, eh?  Better be careful typing that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This isn't surprising. Rice was already terrible and their best players all transferred after the coaching change. 

They are probably one of the worst teams in college football if not the worst. 

I dont think PVAMU has ever beaten a FBS school. This may end up as the worst loss in school history

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I dont think PVAMU has ever beaten a FBS school. This may end up as the worst loss in school history

Maybe but Rice went 1-11 last year and all their best players transferred. 

This team would struggle to beat some 6A HS teams. That's probably a little bit of hyperbole but they're god awful. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Yes, it's fairly new, launched within the past couple of months.  I don't pay for it but supposedly it has some new stuff but it also has a lot of stuff that used to be included with espn3/watchespn.

Edited by WBT

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Yes, it's fairly new, launched within the past couple of months.  I don't pay for it but supposedly it has some new stuff but it also has a lot of stuff that used to be included with espn3/watchespn.

With the incredible demand for a Rice - PVA&M game, there is sure to be a lot of money to be made sellig the rights. Just another great dcision by the Worldwide Leader

3 minutes ago, Monster said:

If i sat down and tried to think of a way to keep the football on screen, yet make it impossible to know what's going on...I'd have a hard time beating that sudden zoom-out technique. 

It sure brings the drama for anyone that just cuts on the game at that moment, unaware of what's going on...

Woo hoo Go Owls!!!

We’ll get crushed by Cougar High next week (oh well still have a better job and life than them 😜) but time will tell as to whether we improve as the season goes on. Tonight wasn’t a promising start to the Bloomgren era, but Bailiff lost his first game to $.05 State so at least it’s an improvement over that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Monster said:

I think that's the equivalent of throwing your car in drive to back out of the garage, and ending up in the living room.   

I bet the cameraman twisted the zoom the wrong direction.

I bet the control room wanted a slow zoom in to frame the kick just as the ball was snapped but lost track of the time. They tell the camera man to zoom out and then, in panic, take his camera when the ball is snapped.

I worked in TV for a little while and operated a studio camera. I sucked. Any camera operator who can keep a football in motion in focus from a hundred yards is elite. Their mistakes are sometimes not realizing that they're on-line and moving off their shot too quickly. Their apparent mistakes are often control room fuck-ups.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I bet the control room wanted a slow zoom in to frame the kick just as the ball was snapped but lost track of the time. They tell the camera man to zoom out and then, in panic, take his camera when the ball is snapped.

I worked in TV for a little while and operated a studio camera. I sucked. Any camera operator who can keep a football in motion in focus from a hundred yards is elite. Their mistakes are sometimes not realizing that they're on-line and moving off their shot too quickly. Their apparent mistakes are often control room fuck-ups.

This sounds like a reasonable explanation.  They did cut to that camera right before it happened.