Updates on former Longhorn football players

Goo Punch

18 hours ago, markstanco said:

I cant remember, was there some off the field issues?  Didnt play well with others? No idea. 

I don’t recall hearing about any off the field issues, but I do remember watching him on the field in 2013 and taking several plays off. I’m not sure that merits him it being drafted,  it it was frustrating to watch.

19 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

He was considered a tweener. If you look at his combine numbers, they were respectable for speed/agility from what I recall.

Tweener for his time....unfortunate that some really good players back then were labeled that way but the league has evolved.  Some of the great dual threat college QB's could probably have had long nfl careers in this modern game. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

going to repeat this in writing to make sure i'm typing what he said......

thermensa would not let alex fucking okafor workout

the fuck

and not just “not invited back”, but, “no you cannot come back home (and in okafor’s case ATX really is his home) and work out in the weight room where you’ve spent countless hours working your ass off for this university/program”, to this guy:

IMG_9139.thumb.jpeg.2603734cf9bba3ccbf20131abf671b57.jpeg

torbush.gif 

Edited by shadow_operative

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

also alex okafor is just one of the nicest dudes you could ever meet. you’d have to be a major league asshole to treat him that way.

really glad we had the nuts to fire him, despite his relative success.  4-0 in Bowls, never won less than 7, no losing record, 1 10 win Season.   He was not a good rep for Texas. What an asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 11:05 AM, jdhorn92 said:

really glad we had the nuts to fire him, despite his relative success.  4-0 in Bowls, never won less than 7, no losing record, 1 10 win Season.   He was not a good rep for Texas. What an asshole. 

Herman really was a great example of how we view coaches' results through the lens of how we view them as people.  Sark, while imperfect, bought himself some more time to get to better results this past year by showing humility, growth, and listening.  Herman cut his time short prematurely by acting a fool, being thin skinned, and not listening.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mar 26, 2024         3rd & Longhorn

Derrick Johnson, Fozzy Whittaker, Jeremy Hills, and Nick Shuley are joined by Texas defensive back, Ryan Watts. They dive into why he decided to transfer to Texas from Ohio State, practicing against Texas’ elite receiver room, getting praise from Dez Bryant, his experience at the combine, and preparing for the NFL draft. After the interview, Derrick, Fozzy, and Nick are joined by Alex Okafor to break down the major takeaways from Texas’ recent pro day