Clash Royale

PatrickMcHorn

I think a lot of them were earned via a points system they killed a long time ago. It was for those that had hit 4k trophies which were reset every month. They had promised to convert those earned points into something meaningful but did not for well over a year. This was the answer.

I burned through all of mine in the first week to get my gold cards and have only earned about 5k since. It will take ages to build up enough for 3* from scratch, it seems

Apparently you unlock the ability to buy stars by donating that card. So you not only need star points (10k, 15k, 25k) to upgrade a specific card, but you also have to unlock that “ghost” star first.

So, I’ve donated executioner enough to buy two gold stars, but still need 10k+15k star points to do so

Even if I had 25k star points I couldn’t buy 2 stars for bomber because I haven’t donated him enough yet

No, no, no. The number of starts ore set per card. They will add more later possibly, but it goes like this:
1st Star is the gold border and drop effect
2nd Star is a gold detail
3rd Star is more gold details

So a spell like poison or zap only have one star, but hog has 3 because you will make his hammer gold on the 2nd and his Mohawk gold on the 3rd.

Star points are acquired from anything that used to get you xp. Donations, leveling cards, and overflow of maxed cards being the primary path. Note that overflow of unmixed cards appear to only give you gold, not star points. When they first setup the system they had already totaled and converted all the xp you had earned past 13 to star points.

Also mentioned in chat, the ghost king emote was given to anyone who had legendary trophies from way back in the first year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ah. Just keeps saying “downloading content 0/2”, then the 2 became 40 and all it does is spin. Deleted app and reloaded but same thing. 

Then it’s stupid T-Mobile throttling my data. Oh well, I’ll log in from WiFi later. 

Thx 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tl:dr = phone broke, can't do war, sorry.

forgot cordless headphones at home. used iphone corded ones at gym. but they suck for running. during cool down put the headphones back on, put phone on the treadmill ledge instead of pocket or holding it. phone somehow slipped, yanked headphones off. instead of flying off, cord got stuck in the treadmill band's loop. sucked phone with it. had no idea metal could bend like that without breaking. phone is pulverized. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...