True Detective Season 3

Patrick Bateman

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Dorff will always Dorff it up, though.  I never fail to have this nagging feeling I'm watching . . . Dorff.

First 2 episodes of S3 were pretty captivating.  I'm in for a while for sure.  Main cop is great, as was his flash forward version.  Garbage picker was great, too.

The fact that, despite thinking he was familiar, it took me until most of the way through Ep2(the pedo trunk scene, just prior to the note) for it to click, who he was, is a positive sign, at least for me. FWIW, I fast fwd through the intro and credits. If I am missing anything special in either, I count on the assholes here to inform me of such.

scoot mcnairy.  he was great in Argo too.   I think he grew up in dallas and spent some time in austin before going out to LA.  don’t know where he went to high school but considering his age I assumed someone here probably knows him. 

He went to the Shelton School (where my oldest went), and graduated from Lake Highlands HS.

On 1/14/2019 at 3:57 PM, Junior Miller said:

Not liking the constant jumping between timelines as I just always find that annoying no matter what show or movie it's in. If it's done only a few times in a different series of events like Pulp Fiction it's ok but constantly moving back and forth is annoying. 

Ali is good. Real good. After seeing Green Book was intertin how he'd be in this. 

I watch shit with closed captioning now, cause I’m old and shit. But it says Wayne (44 years old) or Wayne (74 years old), so that helps a lot. Dudes name is Wayne right?

Fuck it, I’m enjoying it.

9 hours ago, Continental Op said:

So is this the thread where we screencap every frame and dissect every single item on the set for possible deeper meaning?  

Absolutely.  Bat shit crazy on symbolism.  Lots of ball licking of the writiers and how deep the plot goes.  

Then it all concludes that the   Pedo Uncle snatched the girl and killed the boy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dilligas said:

I watch shit with closed captioning now, cause I’m old and shit. But it says Wayne (44 years old) or Wayne (74 years old), so that helps a lot. Dudes name is Wayne right?

Fuck it, I’m enjoying it.

It is pretty easy to tell the difference between 44, 54 and 74. 44 is the original investigation, 54 is either with the deposition guys or at home with his wife and kids, 74 is with gray hair and the adult son. Also, so far the transitions have made sense. Now if they keep doing it and it is just random, then it will become jarring.

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I feel he looks more like 34, 44, and 64.

according to the captions, if they are correct, it’s 34, 44, and 70.  

which also checks out.  kids kidnapped in 1980.  old man part takes place in 2015.  middle part is 10 years after kidnapping.  and I have a doctorate in mathematical theory. 

Edited by futureman
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, futureman said:

which also checks out.  kids kidnapped in 1980.  old man part takes place in 2015.  middle part is 10 years after kidnapping.  and I have a doctorate in mathematical theory. 

That's some good mathing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, futureman said:

Yeah, I was basing off the numbers given by the dude that said they used the captions to tell the difference. I rarely use captions.

10 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hmmm. Not sure. They did a good job of offering several suspects. Uncle, satanic teenagers, Indian garbage man.

I’ll go with the Indian. Feather.

yeah you’re right.  and wayne makes a comment in the deposition along the lines of “you know what happened with him” re: trash man.  

so I’m switching my vote to the injun.

13 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Absolutely.  Bat shit crazy on symbolism.  Lots of ball licking of the writiers and how deep the plot goes.  

Then it all concludes that the   Pedo Uncle snatched the girl and killed the boy.

Won't spoiler this since I have no actual inside info, but it's obvious...

The girl was contacted/recruited by some weird cult group thing, she led her brother to the cave, then killed him with a rock when he wasn't looking or something and ran away on her own accord. She joined up with the cult and lived in hiding since then. All that was given away by the last words the dad said to the son: "Watch out (or look out? can't remember exactly) for your sister". Phrase with a clever double meaning that I caught right away.

You can all zelle or paypal me $9.95 when I'm proven right. 

Edited by Helobious

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The girl was contacted/recruited by some weird cult group thing, she led her brother to the cave, then killed him with a rock when he wasn't looking or something and ran away on her own accord. She joined up with the cult and lived in hiding since then. All that was given away by the last words the dad said to the son: "Watch out (or look out? can't remember exactly) for your sister". Phrase with a clever double meaning that I caught right away.

if this is right I’ll cut off my dick and eat it. 

• Like 1

So, 2.2 seasons into this show, here's my theory.

Guy writes script for season 1 of True Detective.  Nic Pollazo gets the script.  Loves it.  Adds a few minor details, then decides that he actually wrote the entire thing.

Nic Pollazo wins wealth and fame.  

Original writer unrecognized, goes back to obscurity.   

Pollazo has to write second season by himself, without original writer's help.  Season 2 happens.  Producers tell Pollazo to write like he did in season 1.  Pollazo pulls out original script for season 1 and changes the names and a few minor details of the characters, again.   

Somewhere out there, there's a guy ho can really write...and sadly we may never see another script from him because this asshole Pollazo stole his work.

Edited by Monster
  • Like 1

I'm in. It's ok.  Matt and Woody and their characters made season one, not the story or anything else,not even daddarios tits.

Without colorful characters and really charismatic/eccentric actors with chemistry in those roles, I'm afraid these will be pale imitations of S1. 

Pizzolato is ok, not a hack but not the Coens, or your other favorite screenwriter, either. I have read some of his books they are alright. 

I am curious to see if some of the Pizz directed eps are shitshows. He does insist upon himself. 

Season 1 was great because of Matt and Woody. FIN. 

• Like 1

If you have HBO Now, at the end of each episode, Pizzolato goes over some of themes in each episode. It's interesting because he seems to have this season better connected than season 2. The episode names are all old novels he's read but have a tie in to each episode. He's a bit douchey but interesting nonetheless. 

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm in. It's ok.  Matt and Woody and their characters made season one, not the story or anything else,not even daddarios tits.

Without colorful characters and really charismatic/eccentric actors with chemistry in those roles, I'm afraid these will be pale imitations of S1. 

Pizzolato is ok, not a hack but not the Coens, or your other favorite screenwriter, either. I have read some of his books they are alright. 

I am curious to see if some of the Pizz directed eps are shitshows. He does insist upon himself. 

Season 1 was great because of Matt and Woody. FIN. 

Let's not get carried away with hyperbole here. 

• Like 3

On 1/16/2019 at 8:35 PM, futureman said:

if this is right I’ll cut off my dick and eat it. 

I'll actually go even further and say pedobear uncle is a red herring. The brother made the peephole and was sexually abusing the sister for a while, maybe someone on the outside found out and told her she could have a better life by killing him and running away. All this is revealed when she's found by the detective years later, she receives no punishment and continues to live her life freely. 

Post #MeToo/ultra feminist hollywood & tv is insanely easy to predict as you will see. Whatever scenario makes the female protagonists seem the most perfect, flawless, and empowered is whatever will happen. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

I'll actually go even further and say pedobear uncle is a red herring. The brother made the peephole and was sexually abusing the sister for a while, maybe someone on the outside found out and told her she could have a better life by killing him and running away. All this is revealed when she's found by the detective years later, she receives no punishment and continues to live her life freely. 

Post #MeToo/ultra feminist hollywood & tv is insanely easy to predict as you will see. Whatever scenario makes the female protagonists seem the most perfect, flawless, and empowered is whatever will happen. 

Such a perfect post for you.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:29 PM, DDD Dad said:

He went to the Shelton School (where my oldest went), and graduated from Lake Highlands HS.

Coincidentally, I was listening to the Hardline on the Ticket last night, and they had a segment on TD3.  Corby mentioned that Scoot grew up two blocks from his house and was going to try to get him on a segment.

On 1/16/2019 at 8:32 PM, Helobious said:

Did you pay any attention to the first two episodes?

I seem to recall one of the detectives clearly stating that the boy's neck was broken.  No way the little girl does that or is she able to move the boy into the cave.

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Did you pay any attention to the first two episodes?

I seem to recall one of the detectives clearly stating that the boy's neck was broken.  No way the little girl does that or is she able to move the boy into the cave.

did you read his post?  the girl joined a cult.  the cult leaders helped her kill the boy and move his body.  this isn’t hard.