True Detective Season 3

Patrick Bateman

Show is good for helping me fall asleep. I know the series will be good overall and the scenes that seem pointless to me will end up being important, but it’s losing me...  The detectives even discuss things so slowly, with not a lot of words, and vaguely.  I might just wait until series is done to watch it all. 

• Like 1

Or they, oh I don’t know, took her fingerprints in school like they did when I was in elementary school because of all the overhyped kidnappings and “stranger danger” stuff.

Ha! I was right. The police working with Hays and West in 1980 mentioned tonight that the local school printed all the students a couple of years earlier.

Next week looks action packed.

That scene with the Viet Cong standing behind old man Hays was pretty haunting. 

There was a guy in a suit there too. And at one point Hays stands up to go to the window and pats the guy in the suit on the shoulder and apologizes. I didn’t recognize him from any of the 1990 team of investigators, but I am thinking someone dies in 1990 and Hays feels responsible for it.

The uncle is almost certainly a child predator and he made a deal to kidnap/sell Julie Purcell to the “aunt”.  Will Purcell got in the way and was killed. 

Julie pops up in 1990, and the aunt’s group immediately had the uncle killed to tie up a loose end. 

The real question now is who’s the aunt, and who’s in her group. 

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

i probably understood 20% of what he was saying in that scene.

I'm in the same boat...going to use closed captioning from here on out. Can't wait for the opening of the next episode. 

[claymore] - KABOOM!!!!!!! screaming, yelling...

• Like 1

The uncle is almost certainly a child predator and he made a deal to kidnap/sell Julie Purcell to the “aunt”.  Will Purcell got in the way and was killed. 
Julie pops up in 1990, and the aunt’s group immediately had the uncle killed to tie up a loose end. 
The real question now is who’s the aunt, and who’s in her group. 

The attorney general

On 1/22/2019 at 8:24 PM, futureman said:

based on what, anything?  or just your gut?

She hinted at having done some bad things in her past. She always wanted to be a writer. She became a famous one for publishing the account of the crime. 

4 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

There was a guy in a suit there too. And at one point Hays stands up to go to the window and pats the guy in the suit on the shoulder and apologizes. I didn’t recognize him from any of the 1990 team of investigators, but I am thinking someone dies in 1990 and Hays feels responsible for it.

The ghost in the suit is the uncle who Hays killed in '90 for reasons we'll find out.  Hays and partner covered it up.  News person showed him the picture, but he's forgotten he did it.

40 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah don’t listen to the Vanity Fair’s Still Watching: True Detective podcast episode 4 if you don’t want to spoil Season 3. 

Without giving too much away,  the Hoyts are involved. 

I don't remember the Hoyt's.  Were they interviewed in one of the first 3 episodes?  I knew the mom worked there but that's all I recall about them.

21 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

I don't remember the Hoyt's.  Were they interviewed in one of the first 3 episodes?  I knew the mom worked there but that's all I recall about them.

I don't believe so. When Hays and Roland stopped by the plant I think they were informed by someone from the corporation (CFO or general counsel perhaps) that the Hoyts were out of the country on safari. I think they also learned during that interview that the corporation had made some kind of contribution to the Purcells following the disappearance of the kids.