2018 US Open tennis

spystud13

Vekic still doesn’t like him either. 

Moments after the match, Kyrgios engaged in a spat with Donna Vekic, a Croatian professional player and the girlfriend of Stan Wawrinka. Kyrgios made an insulting remark about Vekic to Wawrinka during the 2015 Rogers Cup and was subsequently fined.

Vekic tweeted, "Didn't know umpires were allowed to give pep talks."

Kyrgios shot back, "Haha IRONIC coming from someone who gets on court coaching every week of the year and also out of the US Open."

http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/24526843/bizarre-interaction-nick-kyrgios-chair-umpire-sparks-furor

Yeah she looks really fucking good. Osaka with a double bagel today ha how embarrassing for the Blr girl. 

I don't know if it's the New York heat this year, but one trend i'm noticing is that almost all the men/women that played well and had a lot of matches in the hard court summer series leading up to the Open have tanked in the tourney. So much for momentum. 

23 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

Kanepi shows some stones by serving out set 2. 

she's got an amazing forehand. and some mental grit to go with it.  fun second set to watch.  hoping she can get a break in the third set to make it a nail biter.

Serena is the greatest athlete of all time, I think.  all sports, either gender.  she's incredible.  that first serve ace is so demoralizing.  when she gets back to the top and stays there for a few years she will cement herself as the most dominate of all time.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Serena is the greatest athlete of all time, I think.  all sports, either gender.  she's incredible.  that first serve ace is so demoralizing.  when she gets back to the top and stays there for a few years she will cement herself as the most dominate of all time.

Tap the breaks there bud. Either gender? really? Greatest female tennis athlete of all time yes, but come on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

Tap the breaks there bud. Either gender? really? Greatest female tennis athlete of all time yes, but come on. 

23 titles, 7 runner up finishes, and she's got a few more years left.  30 championship matches, winning 23.  seriously.  measured against her peers, as with any other athlete in a competitive sport and very strong case can be made for my position.  

7 minutes ago, troph said:

23 titles, 7 runner up finishes, and she's got a few more years left.  30 championship matches, winning 23.  seriously.  measured against her peers, as with any other athlete in a competitive sport and very strong case can be made for my position.  

Not disputing her results or place in WTA tennis history. But you lost me with "either gender". I could name thousands of males who are better athletes than Serena dude. You think Serena was a better athlete than Barry Sanders? How bout Marshall Faulk? How bout Federer? Keep going? Pay attention to you key word here.....athlete. 

3 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

Not disputing her results or place in WTA tennis history. But you lost me with "either gender". I could name thousands of males who are better athletes than Serena dude. You think Serena was a better athlete than Barry Sanders? How bout Marshall Faulk? How bout Federer? Keep going? Pay attention to you key word here.....athlete. 

I'm talking about competitive results, compared to the field they are playing in.  not barry vs serena in a race or whatever.  if you compare the level of domination of an athlete against their competition, she's gotta be in the convo.   no need to keep arguing, if you think I mean she can out perform barry sanders on the football field in his prime, of course I'm not saying that.

Edited by troph

You can't compare tennis players across genders. Both the tournaments and player pools are completely different. 

All you can compare is dominance, which must factor in not only your own performance but that of your competitors. Did Serena ever have the equivalent of Nadal/Djokovic/Federer to contend with? (depending on which of the three you're comparing her to). She had Hingis, Venus, Mauresmo, Clijsters, Sharapova, Henin, Davenport, Azarenka, etc; how does that lineup compare to Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Roddick, Safin, Hewitt, Agassi, and del Potro? Again, you can't compare lineups either because you have to get into the question of who they played. And it quickly becomes a neverending loop.

You can compare if you have a consistent and equally applicable standard - level of domination among peers in your chosen sport. It’s how you compare different generations, different sports, and yes across genders.

Anyhoo, isner is a tall mofo!