8.27.18 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

Game week press conference with Coach Herman at Noon today on LHN and here:

https://texassports.com/news/2018/8/25/football-watch-tom-herman-monday-press-conference-aug-27-2018.aspx

Preview?

Year 2 for Tom Herman in Austin

Position battles, player rotations, injury updates, units of strength and areas of concern, Univ of MD?, 1 or 2 more Ohio St questions, new kicker and punter, season expectations?

Shout out to Surly favorites University of Texas Pom and Cheer squads (new and old)

DlYV27UUwAAVPQY.jpg:large

_big_pom_b1402_byu.jpg?width=1128&height

cheerleaders-university-texas-pom-squad.

854ae60ec7edf1b2e04243733a624002.jpg

rbz-ut-ku-21.jpg

and first up . . . University of Maryland

21751269_1696289447080047_68045224003609

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When they release the depth chart today and Kyle Porter is listed as a starter, I cannot be held responsible for the carnage that unfolds near me shortly thereafter. 

Don't give this guy any ideas

2515-FSO-CFB-TimBeckOhioState2-PI.vadapt

We've had an unbelievable camp and the guys have worked unbelievably hard.  We've had unbelievable buy in.  Maryland has two unbelievable running backs and two unbelievable quarterbacks.  They will be unbelievably motivated to play us.  Will be an unbelievable atmosphere.   Kind of like the unbelievable tits I saw at a strip club with Zach Smith in 2014.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

We've had an unbelievable camp and the guys have worked unbelievably hard.  We've had unbelievable buy in.  Maryland has two unbelievable running backs and two unbelievable quarterbacks.  They will be unbelievably motivated to play us.  Will be an unbelievable atmosphere.   Kind of like the unbelievable tits I saw at a strip club with Zach Smith in 2014.

I don't believe you. 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You look at Maryland over there and it's just all about the tradition of them having terrible trash uniforms with candy assed split helmets with their dumb flag on it. 

The Terps might switch it up & go old school traditional, hell whoever is coaching for Maryland will have their hands too full to worry about jazzy threads anyway...

716230.jpg.0.jpg

We’re really excited to play a tough Maryland team. They’re just so we’ll coached it scares you to death. Matt Canada is a great friend of mine and one of the best offensive minds in the country. Kids are really going to have to play hard to limit the explosive plays. Ty Johnson is one of the best players in the country. You can’t just show up and beat Maryland, we’re really gonna have to play our butts off and win the turnover battle.

Really excited for our kids to play in an NFL stadium. Had a meeting this morning to discuss the great history of the Washington Redskins and were just so honored to be able to play on their field. Many of the kids have never been to Washington DC so we arranged a sight seeing tour for Friday night. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

We’re really excited to play a tough Maryland team. They’re just so we’ll coached it scares you to death. Matt Canada is a great friend of mine and one of the best offensive minds in the country. Kids are really going to have to play hard to limit the explosive plays. Ty Johnson is one of the best players in the country. You can’t just show up and beat Maryland, we’re really gonna have to play our butts off and win the turnover battle.

Really excited for our kids to play in an NFL stadium. Had a meeting this morning to discuss the great history of the Washington Redskins and were just so honored to be able to play on their field. Many of the kids have never been to Washington DC so we arranged a sight seeing tour for Friday night. 

needs something about the 'kicking game' and it would be perfect. 

29 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Inconceivable....

11 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

This is great and i cant read it and not hear Mack's voice. That being said, as Texas Longhorn fans we are some battered wives due to the fucking beating weve taken over the last 9 seasons. Here's to the team and us as fans getting our fucking groove back like motherfuckin' Stella!

Fuck Maryland, and lets kick them while their down and make them pay for that embarrassment at home a year ago. HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

When they release the depth chart today and Kyle Porter is listed as a starter, I cannot be held responsible for the carnage that unfolds near me shortly thereafter. 

I almost want this to happen to see the meltdown. 

but I like winning better so nah.

Edited by The Dog
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

really solid, but not enough "neat"

44 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It almost scares you to death.

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

The Terps might switch it up & go old school traditional, hell whoever is coaching for Maryland will have their hands too full to worry about jazzy threads anyway...

716230.jpg.0.jpg

Maryland doesn't really have a tradition. They changed uniform looks almost every year 40 years. Because changing uniforms is the way you win national championships.

I don't care what you a-holes say, as an alum, I like the new ones of recent years. Organized random chaos - now that's a Maryland football tradition.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Maryland doesn't really have a tradition. They changed uniform looks almost every year 40 years. Because changing uniforms is the way you win national championships.

I don't care what you a-holes say, as an alum, I like the new ones of recent years. Organized random chaos - now that's a Maryland football tradition.

tenor.gif?itemid=6220235

For every "unbelieveable" or " really really", take a drink.

Especially if you're at work.