8.27.18 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

No CTJ meltdown!

7 freshman  on the 2 deep

I was going to post on the depth. I count it this way:

22 starters - 3 Soph, 1 FR - that is impressive fucking experience. Not all of the upperclassmen have starting experience, but I don't feel like any upperclassmen are starting who shouldn't be. 

22 back-ups (in the case of OR, I just counted the first one listed) - 14 underclassmen, 7 Soph, 7 FR - That is where I want to see the majority of the most talented Soph and FR players on a depth chart. 

There is a legitimate set of reasons to be excited about UT's prospects this season, and a major one, largely unsung by virtually everyone, is the upperclassmen in the starting lineup. We cannot claim to be young this season, for the first time since 2009, and we aren't going to need to do so, if I'm even close to right.

• Like 2

Just now, Red Five said:

I'm always blown away by these questions. "Hey coach, can you talk for about 10 minutes on the importance of focusness? We'd all like to spend a good portion of your PC listening to some vague coach-speak. Thanks."

"Coach it's been one year since Hurricane Harvey hit Texas, can you talk a little bit about that"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

This has me triggered remembering his description of the OL before last year.  Praying he's not smoking his own dope this time.

Some of those Searels OLs in the Harsin offense were nasty.  I'm remembering Donald Hawkins crushing Ole Miss DEs en route to us putting up 60+ on the board.