8.27.18 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

It's difficult not to get excited about this season. I still worry about QB...but I would like a t-shirt that has Lil' Jordan  Humphrey as a Swiss army knife. That was my favorite quote of the presser. I had us with 8 wins this year. Hope we at least match or better that. Go Texas! 

It's difficult not to get excited about this season. I still worry about QB...but I would like a t-shirt that has Lil' Jordan  Humphrey as a Swiss army knife. That was my favorite quote of the presser. I had us with 8 wins this year. Hope we at least match or better that. Go Texas! 

Can't contain my excitement about that depth chart.  So much potential on both sides of the ball with LJH, Collin Johnson, Malcolm Roach, Kris Boyd, and Gary Johnson, with a huge infusion of day-one talents like Caden Sterns, Keaontay Ingram, Ayodele Adeoye, and D'Shawn Jamison. 

Real depth + QB experience + improvement with the OL/TE + less Porter moar Ingram + Year Two in Orlando's system = a big year. 🤘

• Like 1

"Coach it's been one year since Hurricane Harvey hit Texas, can you talk a little bit about that"
Well, you look at who the governor put in charge of federal relief money, then you look at what they're paying the new coach at that other school over to the east, and..
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Why are reporters clowns for asking about an overpaid clown who sucks and should never have been hired in the first place? Isn’t that their job?

They're not clowns, but they're wasting their own time. Tom is dead-set on coach-speaking his way around the question in pressers every time it comes up.

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Tom is dead-set on coach-speaking his way around the question in pressers every time it comes up.

That's coaches period. Not a lot of coaches are going to give you an answer on something controversial like that. It's just one of those questions where the media says, "I had to ask", which is true....the first time or two.

They're not clowns, but they're wasting their own time. Tom is dead-set on coach-speaking his way around the question in pressers every time it comes up.

You could say this about virtually any press conference question. It’s all coachspeak. If coach wants/agrees to hold a press conference, he can expect to be asked questions about how the biggest question mark on the team is going to be handled.

Just now, bschoolprof said:

You could say this about virtually any press conference question. It’s all coachspeak. If coach wants/agrees to hold a press conference, he can expect to be asked questions about how the biggest question mark on the team is going to be handled.

Of course, I'm not defending Herman here. I'm just saying that if the reporters want more fresher, more substantiative material for their write-ups, they might find other things to ask about.

8 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

If coach wants/agrees to hold a press conference

I don't know of many head coaches who want to have 99% of the press conferences they "have" to have. One of those things that kinda comes with the territory. Required to have media availabilities and what not. 

1 hour ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Can't contain my excitement about that depth chart.  So much potential on both sides of the ball with LJH, Collin Johnson, Malcolm Roach, Kris Boyd, and Gary Johnson, with a huge infusion of day-one talents like Caden Sterns, Keaontay Ingram, Ayodele Adeoye, and D'Shawn Jamison. 

Real depth + QB experience + improvement with the OL/TE + less Porter moar Ingram + Year Two in Orlando's system = a big year. 🤘

Dude ... I am right there alongside you.  This train is about to leave the station.

Herman talked a lot about continuity between offensive staffs.  First time in 5 years that the offense hasn't had to learn a new system.  That alone will help the offensive improve from last year along with the talked improvement about OL and QB.  We will beat Oklahoma this year and be in the B12 title hunt.  FCB!

9 minutes ago, TexTexTex said:

Herman talked a lot about continuity between offensive staffs.  First time in 5 years that the offense hasn't had to learn a new system.  That alone will help the offensive improve from last year along with the talked improvement about OL and QB.  We will beat Oklahoma this year and be in the B12 title hunt.  FCB!

I will be happy with a Oklahoma win.  Fuck em.  Everything else is just gravy.  

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Del Conte does not fuck around.

True, but it sucks something as small as this has to get all the way to him for something to be done about it.  This has been an issue for a couple of years now and I doubt it's that difficult to fix.

2 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Not a single reporter smart enough to throw it back at Herman and ask if everyone will be calling plays for the defense. 

Because you damn well know they aren’t. 

Btw, all that deflection means Tom Beck is calling the offense and Herman/Meh/Hand are there for bunker bowling purposes. 

Any Coach gonna hold Beck's hand in Press Box like last year??

37 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I started one, but it's a bit of work. Does anyone have the time to make a better depth chart with the position players in their slots?

Like this

Dlnmq7eW0AIqo7r.jpg

Send a tweet to CDC...... Sure TEXAS graphics folks could put this together quickly...... Like the format