8.27.18 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, longhrnfan said:

How do I not remember that no-call? Damn, I really blocked that out. 

There was a few that game. 

Pretty sad when the announcer yells FACEMASK! during the playcall and the official misses it, standing 10' behind the QB he somehow guessed that the hand was on the bottom of the facemask not inside?

13 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

I find this to be a bad way to call an offense.  Just call the fucking play that scores the touchdown every time.  It ain't that hard right?

Does doses my sarcasm detector need calibration? 

Because that’s exactly how offenses are run. Especially at the big league level. The cards those dudes are carrying around have exactly that on them.

15 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Feels just like 2015, with all the same excuses as the Shawn Watson era

1. Not the OC's fault, he had a bad OL

2. Let's see how his 2nd year plays out - continuity is a positive!

3. Playcalling will be done by committee with help from the position coaches

4. The OC will improve this year, I can feel it

5. You're not a coach! I trust our coaches!

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you! That 6th Street is pessimistic.

Now whether over the course of the past decade that's been warranted... well...

If we were to say right now LJH gets a minimum of 10 touches a game this year, would you take it? What would you think our record would be with that assumption? Different than not getting him the ball that much? I imagine Herman sees it if he’s saying what he is about LJH. No one else on offense gets that love.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif
FCB

8 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

If we were to say right now LJH gets a minimum of 10 touches a game this year, would you take it? What would you think our record would be with that assumption? Different than not getting him the ball that much? I imagine Herman sees it if he’s saying what he is about LJH. No one else on offense gets that love.

if he got that many touches i would think there were a lot of games we were trying to make comebacks in. i would rather be up by 3 TDs in most games in the second half and having the RBs running down the opponent's throats, which would dip into his touches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

You mean the thing we saw in the spring game that Herman has explicitly said LJH can do? Sounds to me like he’s putting pressure on himself and Beck in getting LJH the damn ball.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I was referring to the earlier posts that referenced Herman using his QB's to run on a frequent basis.  LJH will get a lot of touches but I just don't see him doing that out of the QB position more than Sam or Shane.  

are we going to use the wildcat? Herman used it a very few times last time. LJH looked really good doing it the on time I remember early in the year and then we didn't see it anymore. I would prefer using the wildcat inside the 10 rather than smashing Sam up in there. I think Tre Watson would be good at it. Sort or reminds me of Fozzy.