Aaron Rodgers Signs New Record Setting Contract

Vic Mackey

11 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

As I said in the NFL Offseason thread, if I were a non QB player, I might support a salary cap on the QB position. 20% of the current salary cap to 1 player is extreme, particularly in a sport with a 53 man roster.

Perhaps you missed the games where Rodgers was hurt last year. 

26 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

That speaks more to them having a god awful backup plan. Same as Dallas whenever Romo went down. That's still a shit ton of money to one player.

anytime your pro bowl qb gets injured for the entire season you're going to have a rough time of it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

As I said in the NFL Offseason thread, if I were a non QB player, I might support a salary cap on the QB position. 20% of the current salary cap to 1 player is extreme, particularly in a sport with a 53 man roster.

I understand that from an overall roster view, but a QB genuinely has so much impact on a team's success, marketability, longevity, etc, that I don't think it's THAT unreasonable for them to pull down such a large piece of the pie.

• Like 1

I’m a capitalist. He is worth what someone is willing to pay him. With that said you don’t have to follow football very closely to quickly think of a bust at the position who got paid their money and soon after their numbers quickly spiraled on a downward trend.

I’m a capitalist. He is worth what someone is willing to pay him. With that said you don’t have to follow football very closely to quickly think of a bust at the position who got paid their money and soon after their numbers quickly spiraled on a downward trend.
He's already earned this money. GB is doing him a solid and he'll retire there.