Shit's Borked

RPM

Obviously, this software has a higher admin burden than the old version of vbulletin "we" were using at TOS.

But, on balance, I think the features are probably worth it, especially as a non tapa user.

I appreciate imma and bl and whoever else gives their time to this little endeavor.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Obviously, this software has a higher admin burden than the old version of vbulletin "we" were using at TOS.

But, on balance, I think the features are probably worth it, especially as a non tapa user.

I appreciate imma and bl and whoever else gives their time to this little endeavor.

Yeah, the search on this board and the indexing for content you want to filter by in the activity feed is over 100x faster than vbulletin, but it comes with the trade-off that elastic search is pretty shitty when it fails because it doesn't just completely go, it just like half works. The other good thing is that can be broken and the rest of the site is totally fine. We had a few rough patches early before we made all the HA automated and redundant. Overall the architecture is way more complex, but for the last 3 months we have had over 99.95% uptime and on busy days the board isn't noticeably different from a performance perspective. It actually loads faster when it's busier due to the way the cache works. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

seems widespread on all invision boards...very strange since software didn't change I did upgrade to the latest insignificant release just to make sure - I also restarted all the servers. I have a feeling this has something stupid to do with TZ's and 2020 dates. I'll keep on top of it and let you know when I hear from their support team.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/86782-condensed-view-not-working/

it seems fixed. Clear your cache/cookies if you are still experiencing the issue. I patched to the latest latest version which was just released.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/455233-condensed-or-expanded-view-not-working

Here's the thread with the cause - it was due to 2020 and some cookie expiration settings

• Like 1

12 hours ago, immamac said:

it seems fixed. Clear your cache/cookies if you are still experiencing the issue. I patched to the latest latest version which was just released.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/455233-condensed-or-expanded-view-not-working

Here's the thread with the cause - it was due to 2020 and some cookie expiration settings

So you’re saying it’s Y2K, just 20 years late?

• 3 weeks later...

Suddenly having problems posting. Looks like it gets hung up when you hit submit. Open the page in a new window and it shows not posted, then a minute or so later it posts. 

Here is a spectacular example:

Edited by RPM