Shit's Borked

RPM

On top of the 502s, the site seems to be having trouble groking whether recent posts are read or unread. It'll give a "Next Unread Topic" option that kicks out to a "there's no new content" error, or show fully-read threads as having unread posts.

Nothing as major as the site going down, but kind of annoying for sure.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.surlyhorns.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Help improve Chrome security by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy

Same. Man I've been on this thread more this week than the entire time since the changeover.

Still love what you do, @immamac (also the profile search function is moving mad slow today as well, but I'm thinking that's connected to the certificate issue).

Edited by texifornia

22 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

anyone else having problems playing twitter embed vids?

Yes, I thought is was people stopped giving a shit about using an image host?  I stopped posting images because, why should I put out the effort to make sure they posted correctly when no one else does?

Still having issues with the site recognizing whether content in a thread is read or not. Lots of ghost "Next Unread Topic" links that don't go anywhere, fully read threads showing up as bold or unread threads showing up not-bold. 

Also Chrome, for what it's worth.

Still having issues with the site recognizing whether content in a thread is read or not. Lots of ghost "Next Unread Topic" links that don't go anywhere, fully read threads showing up as bold or unread threads showing up not-bold. 
Also Chrome, for what it's worth.
The cache is set to 15s for now so I think it may be bugging out. I am going to adjust it to test the difference.
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, Kyrie Eleison said:

anyone else having problems playing twitter embed vids?

Any updates on this issue? 

For me, it happens in both Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10.  All other video formats work fine.  It happens whether or not an ad blocker is enabled.  It has been happening for at least a couple of weeks.