Shit's Borked

RPM

On 9/6/2019 at 7:37 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

The glitch is that sometimes when you click on Submit Reply it submits your reply but doesn't take you to your post. It just stays in the editor, it doesn't clear the editor, and the Submit Reply button is reenabled so it looks like your reply wasn't submitted. If you click Submit Reply again it results in a double post. You're right it often happens when replying to a post that's not on the last page. 

I usually open a new tab to see if my post was submitted. Usually it was. Sometimes it hasn't been and I can't get it to post even after clicking Submit Reply multiple times. Then I'll copy my post and either refresh the page and try again or post it from the new tab. 

This forum software is pretty wonky. 

has to do with pagination.  that happens when your post would be the first post on the next page, not the page you're looking at.  so, if you're on page 1, there isn't yet a page 2, and your post would be the first on page 2, that's when it happens.  the html5 or whatever isn't smart enough to go to the next page because when you loaded the page there wasn't one.  it doesn't happen when your post would be 4 pages later because that 4th page later already exists, so it can load to it. 

well never fucking mind because it just happened and this ain't the first post on this page

Edited by elfenix

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been having an issue for a while now when loading the page on my iPhone in safari. 70-80% Of the time it will just hang when loading for 5+ seconds before finally loading. Doesn’t seem to happen on computer on same network. Anyone else have similar issues?

Edited by George

Gray would be better.

Another thing I've noticed (chrome android) is when reading an expanded quote, and the little new reply message pops up, if you click to show reply it will unexpand the quote and leave you scrolled down. Not sure that's something you can fix.

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn