In Austin? Twin Liquor dollar days started

AustinMT

Started yesterday.  Over the years, always seemed like the real buys were on the higher-priced items.  I did get a 2009 Notre Vin Howell Mountain cab for $112 (well below market) and a 2014 Seven Stones cab for $194 (yeah, only $6 below allocation price, but you can't typically get this in stores, and the pre-sale price was $270)

Commercial Real Estate dude in front of me bought 15 bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue for 203/.  That’s about 45-50 cheaper than normal. 

I splurged and bought one bottle at like $195 a few years. Glad I did to check it off the list...but I prefer the gold which I just load up on each time I hit a duty free place in an airport.

28 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I was pretty well stocked on Bourbon, so I bought some Flor de Cana 18, Ardbeg Uigaedail, Redbreast 15, a good bottle of port and a handful of higher end wines for cellaring. 

Almost bought a few bottles of Green Spot but my wife may have killed me 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HookEm said:

Picked up a bottle of Old Forester 1920 for $45. Thought that was a decent deal. Never had it before and am impressed.

I did the same- also had never had it.  Went through the bottle with friends last night and everyone really liked it

BTW— I checked Total Wine and their regular price is $50

• 5 months later...

Went there primarily to stock up on some four roses single barrel but they were already sold out - got there at about 11:20 AM. Apparently had some earlier.

Picked up a couple bottles of angel's envy (reg/rye), classic laddie bruichladdich, and a farmstock wp - all prices lower than total wine/specs by about 10-20%. Was surprised on some - farmstock wp at $55.74 (normally $84.99 at TL - $73.99 at total wine right now). Regular wp was $57.85.

Grabbed an OF 1920, a FR Single Barrel and a FR Small Batch. Small Batch doesn’t seem to be quite the deal it used to be at dollar days but I could be misremembering. Got about a case of mixed wine as well. Good haul overall. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah, you’ll be sorely disappointed if you show up there today.  Thanks a lot Gregorian Calendar.  
gonna stock up on some just wine though on Friday.  As posted above, the mid range liquor discounts just ain’t what they used to be.  

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Picked up a bottle of Garrison Brothers and Mijenta tequila for about $90 earlier. Was the last bottle of mijenta. Went in looking for Lalo but I guess the word is out on it already, the guy in front of me asked about it and they said they'd already sold out. I got the last bottle of mijenta. 

Been wanting to try Garrison for years, figured $57 was a decent price to try it while listening to the new Zach Bryan album tonight.

We just loaded up our six month supply.  Mostly Bordeaux, Burgundy, some other French reds, Oregon Pinot, handful of miscellaneous Italian, Spanish and a few Cali in the French style.  We don’t really buy wine anymore except the dollar sale.

IMG_3037.jpeg

not shown are the rest of the case of a daily Bordeaux, Oregon Pinot, and a Cote du Rhône. 

We round our wine collection out with 3 clubs with Santa Ynez small vineyards for most of our cali wines.

had this beautiful Bourgogne tonight with a simple but delish spaghetti and tomato meat sauce. Getting a $35 or so bottle for $26 makes it that much better. 

IMG_3038.jpeg

Such a great fucking wine.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1