Klobasniky's

Orange&White

On 8/30/2018 at 12:33 PM, Smax said:

and boudin sounds great but the few I have tried is too much dough/starch

I do the boudin ones at home.  Take a sheet of crescent rolls and roll up half a link of boudin in it.  Bake like the package instructs.  Then slice.   I would guess you could use some cheese too, just not sure which would be best. 

You are right about the ones in the donut places usually being too much bread. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I roll through West I hit up the agggy place on the west side of 35.  Clean bathrooms and no traffic jam bullshit like the other place.

I drove downtown to the original place once (village?). That was a waste of time.

the label in the glass case has all the proper klobachniky type names but fuck that - “I want 3 jalapeño cheese kolaches - the big ones, muy pronto por favor.”

On 8/31/2018 at 7:46 AM, Neonmoon said:

This. Everyone has called them Kolaches for the past 60 years. I am not changing now because some asshole did some pastry research. If they wanted them to be called something else, they should have corrected people back in 1950. 

Fucking he'll, man. This must be what people who call spiced meat with beans "chili" feel like. 

I do the boudin ones at home.  Take a sheet of crescent rolls and roll up half a link of boudin in it.  Bake like the package instructs.  Then slice.   I would guess you could use some cheese too, just not sure which would be best. 
You are right about the ones in the donut places usually being too much bread. 

Can we get some pics of this.

and boudin sounds great but the few I have tried is too much dough/starch

This. Love the idea. But the execution is almost always just doughy.
The bakery in downtown LaGrange uses pan sausage and those fucking things are so addictive. 

Pan sausage filling is vastly superior to link sausage filling.

BUT...I’ve always loved the sausage Swiss and kraut one at the Czech Stop. Became a tradition for me when I’d go to OU games early on Saturday. Grab a couple and a cuppa coffee at 6:00 am, and I was good to go...till I got the fair and chased it with wax cup beer and a corn dog for second breakfast.

On 8/30/2018 at 1:35 PM, luke duke said:

I love the people who pretend to be offended by the misuse of the work kolache.

As offended as jackasses who refers to grills as "BBQ's" and use the word as a noun.  Hey Bob.  Hey Fred.  Come check out my new BBQ....

These people need to be banished from the state.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....fucking hipsters are ruining and overcharging for cheap Czech food now? Fucking up the taco and charging $5 for it wasn’t enough?

Don't be bitter just because you aren't being paid six figures to stand outside and vape seven hours a day.