The cost of playing a patsy

Wally Fairway

9 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

There are patsies in Power 5 conferences - Rutgers, Kansas, Indiana, Iowa St (unless 2017 is truly a breakout), Cal, Vandy, maybe Kentucky, Oregon St headed that way...I'm sure I missed some

Oregon State went 1-11 last year, so they're beyond "headed that way". You go awfully soft on your B1G, I noticed. Maryland (yes, I'm familiar with the drubbing their 4-8 asses put on Texas last season, doesn't matter), Purdue, Illinois, are all perennial patsies along with Rutgers and Indiana. Iowa State is good as long as Campbell is there and, frankly, they've gone to more bowls in the last 10 years than Purdue, Indiana, or Illinois. Rutgers has actually been to 6 bowl games since 2008, but none of them of consequence and they are so frigging bad now that it is shocking to see that number. Maryland has been to 5, but it also seems like they're just always bad.

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

There are patsies in Power 5 conferences - Rutgers, Kansas, Indiana, Iowa St (unless 2017 is truly a breakout), Cal, Vandy, maybe Kentucky, Oregon St headed that way...I'm sure I missed some

Ah yes, notorious patsy Cal. Good thing we comprehensively beat them those two years we scheduled them (yeah, I know it's about them being willing to play games for money, but still...).

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Uhh, Cal not a patsie. Any team that pulls in as good of talent as Cal is not a patsie.