Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

On 2/22/2020 at 11:37 AM, Gil Bang said:

He's a sweet guy, just a little weird.   Gary is also quite likable, IMO.  Sal's a fucking creep, I'd like to strangle Mamet, and Jason's cool as far as I'm concerned. 

I agree on all of that but can't stand Jason. Him mommy issues alone are laughable and I wouldn't tell him a damn thing as whatever you tell him he is going to find away to use against you to get air time. 

However I do love Fred playing the Elephant drop every time he comes in the studio

Edited by JimmyHoffa

1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I agree on all of that but can't stand Jason. Him mommy issues alone are laughable and I wouldn't tell him a damn thing as whatever you tell him he is going to find away to use against you to get air time. 

However I do love Fred playing the Elephant drop every time he comes in the studio

^this.

Fuck that Fat Fuck.

11 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

The only saving grace with Jason is you know when that little worm comes on he's going to try to rat someone out and end up with someone pissed off at him.  

10 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Not a Harry Styles fan, but this is a fucking legit cover.

i heard that late last week on a replay and was blown away.  there's a bluesy, jazzy sexiness to this version that i didn't hear in the original.  maybe because the Peter Gabriel video was so goofy that it distracted me.   but this cover is a lot more provactive.  i thought he nailed it.

34 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I have missed a bot of the show lately, what meltdown did he have?

Speculation on my part but he seemed to be going down a pretty intense path with the freak show fuck parties and the self admitted heavy weed use/boozing. I would imagine that the latter probably manifested itself at the workplace. 

I have noticed his absence lately. I suspected it was an attempt to pull back due to the strain the public airing of his train wreck of a marriage must have been causing. Bad mistake trying to play the sex god. The LA trip/whore wife jackhammering was devastating to him. It will be interesting to hear what ultimately happened.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

hard pass.

f he left on his own he is making a massive mistake. As for his booze and partying being the reason why he isn't there anymore? His shit isn't anywhere close to what Artie was doing. My guess he left on his own because he wanted to do is own thing. 

3 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

hard pass.

f he left on his own he is making a massive mistake. As for his booze and partying being the reason why he isn't there anymore? His shit isn't anywhere close to what Artie was doing. My guess he left on his own because he wanted to do is own thing. 

Artie had charisma at least.  Brent not able to get laid in LA was hysterical. 

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

What am I supposed to be looking at on Shull’s Twitter? The t-shirt?

Yes.

There is also a reddit/twitter rumor of an altercation between Brent and Rapaport at the studio, which would be an AJ Benza-style exit if true.

• Like 1

The future of the Stern show is one of my current questions, because you know there’s no way he’s leaving his mansion in the Hamptons or Florida, wherever the hell he’s holed up (you know he escaped NYC). This is Howard’s/Howard’s mother’s (they are now the same) worst nightmare.

I’m sure SiriusXM has already moved heaven and earth to make sure he has the capability to work from home with no appreciable decline in sound quality (Robin did it for months when she recovered), but the question is whether Howard will be willing to. And will they ask staff members to report to the studios in support? I’m not sure of the current New York restrictions, so I sure as hell can’t predict the future, but I presume there may also be the potential for the company to be forced to take a break. Is it essential?

i predict he may make an appearance remotely to comment on the craziness whenever they are scheduled to come back from spring break, but then he’ll shut down the show for a couple months, including Wrap Up. Just my opinion.

I hope he talked his parents into going wherever he is.  His parents being so old, I've often wondered of what he would be like on-air announcing their deaths.  Considering his mother is the primary reason he is who he is, her death is gonna hit him pretty fucking hard.  

I haven't listened to a live show in months.  Started listening to the Bonfire about 2 months ago and haven't really had a desire to go back.  I'm sure one day I will listen again.

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I hope he talked his parents into going wherever he is.  His parents being so old, I've often wondered of what he would be like on-air announcing their deaths.  Considering his mother is the primary reason he is who he is, her death is gonna hit him pretty fucking hard.  

I haven't listened to a live show in months.  Started listening to the Bonfire about 2 months ago and haven't really had a desire to go back.  I'm sure one day I will listen again.

I switched over to Jim Norton

18 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Robin's feed was always amazingly good when she was at home.  The one voice that I wouldn't really give a shit about most days.

Yeah I am kind of surprised that Howard hasn't had an ISDN line in his apartment for years you know "just in case".