Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

Highlights from the week:

1) Kimmel is on, and says that he spoke to a big shit doc from the Mayo Clinic, and the doc said that water temp is irrelevant when washing hands.  Robin argued with Kimmel and says the hotter the better.  Kimmel says "this is a top guy at the Mayo Clinic".

2) Stern has the doc  on that helped save Robin.   The Doc says water temp doesn't matter. Robin stays silent.

7 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Yeah I am kind of surprised that Howard hasn't had an ISDN line in his apartment for years you know "just in case". 

He does have a line in his apartment, and has mentioned the possibility of using it at some point... he just hasn’t done it.  But he is hunkered down at his Hamptons mansion, which obviously did not have a dedicated line. 

I can’t imagine that poor tech having to wear a hazmat suit to install the equipment, shaking in his moon boots lest he screw up, and forced to piss in a bottle. I’m  a bit freaked out by the current situation as well, but that takes it to a whole new level. 

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Highlights from the week:

1) Kimmel is on, and says that he spoke to a big shit doc from the Mayo Clinic, and the doc said that water temp is irrelevant when washing hands.  Robin argued with Kimmel and says the hotter the better.  Kimmel says "this is a top guy at the Mayo Clinic".

2) Stern has the doc  on that helped save Robin.   The Doc says water temp doesn't matter. Robin stays silent.

Wish we got more than 3 min of what he had to say

Roomba? Really? Welcome to 2003, Howard.

Robin, congrats on learning how to put detergent in a washing machine.

Wow, sounds like he’s giving a new Trump impersonator a shot, probably the guy he played last week who’s maybe more authentic sounding, but lacking the cartoonish, over the top stylings. He’s also lacking anything funny. Yikes, falling flat. He usually dumps out of things that aren’t working, but sticking with it, which tells me it’s Howard’s idea to use him. 

10 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Did I miss an annoucement? Is Ronnie retiring?

Yeah they have talked about it and Ronnie seems to be more serious about it recently. Howard of course is giving him shit and that he will be bored with nothing to do. I can't tell if it's just Howard ripping on him for show content, that he is pissed he won't be around anymore or a little of both. 

Ronnie claimed the other day he and Stephanie were prepared to fly to Las Vegas and close on a house but the plans were derailed by the Covid. I’m not sure that’s how real estate works, but it does in Mundworld.

Howard has been giving him shit, probably fueled by multiple neuroses. He doesn’t think anyone in the Stern universe can make it without him, he kinda sees Ronnie as jumping ship (how dare he retire at 70!) and it’s also a reminder of his own mortality, as he’s only four years younger than Mund. 

But just as importantly, I think he doesn’t relish the idea of losing one of his few friends and confidantes, and he doesn’t want him to leave. Plus, there is merit to the argument Ronnie loses his juice once he’s no longer part of the show, and NASCAR drivers will no longer want to pal around with him, and 30-something veterinary techs won’t want to shove a dildo up his ass. No more announcing gigs. Worst case scenario, just a lonely, isolated old man with no friends.

Oh shit, did I just describe HS? Just kidding, he’ll always have Ralph.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Shit I thought that was always just a bit.  RM said he'd open a vet office in LV and then they'd grill him on what he'd actually be doing there.  Didn't realize it was legit.

Opening a vet clinic is a weird idea. The vet tech (Ronnies GF) would basically be the owner and the vet docs would work for her? Nothing illegal about that, just strange.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Opening a vet clinic is a weird idea. The vet tech (Ronnies GF) would basically be the owner and the vet docs would work for her? Nothing illegal about that, just strange.

It is a little odd and I don't know the set up but one of my clients who lives in Texas owns vet clinics in several different states. Obviously not the same since the "owner" will be working there too.

I thought Ronnie had mentioned once that they knew someone "in the business" in Vegas that would be a fellow investor, which I took to mean they knew a vet doc out there.

Really hoping Ronnie doesn't leave. I love that guy. But I can understand him wanting to get out while the getting's good. He'd be 76 years old by the end of Howard's next contract assuming he re-ups for another 5 years. They all joke around about it but there is a real possibility that Ronnie could drop dead while still an active staff member of the show. That would be awful.

• 3 weeks later...
I’ve always assumed that it was Kurt Busch investing in the vet clinic. He’s a Vegas native.

Meanwhile, Brent’s skank wife is now doing cameos for 60 bucks a pop. That’s less money than high pitch gets

Total skank and High Pitch should be getting a bunch more than that ho.

On 5/16/2020 at 4:37 PM, Gil Bang said:

I’ve always assumed that it was Kurt Busch investing in the vet clinic. He’s a Vegas native.

Meanwhile, Brent’s skank wife is now doing cameos for 60 bucks a pop. That’s less money than high pitch gets

have you seen her?  $60 is pretty good

79535311_567394910782788_829819541345533

Edited by mulletpelini
yeesh

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I’m a day behind, so I don’t know about any butthole puckering, but yes, Artie visiting Robin has been mentioned before, and HS has been opening up more about his father’s declining health, alluding in the last several weeks to a stroke (no mention when it actually happened) as well as his increasing social withdrawal/detachment to go with his hearing loss. Ben does still apparently eat hot dogs and read the Times, so that’s not bad for a 96 year old.

Edited to add: Ahh, Jay with the puckered butthole was Leno in the clip, gotcha. Didn’t watch, but Leno was in a persistent state of pucker.

Edited by Vito Andolini

I hadn't heard the hospital room get-together before but I don't really judge Howard one way or another in not reconnecting with Artie.  Sounds like Howard put aside his feelings to be polite and help Robin but that doesn't mean he has to become friends with Artie.  We don't know the full story between them and anyone has a right to cut someone out of their life.