Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

Just up and left Astoria, Queens. Said it became a shithole the last several months, he and his family felt unsafe, and he has a friend in real estate in Alabama who talked up the area, and bam, he’s now a southerner. He didn’t reveal what city.

HS was acting like he had no idea this was in the works, but Shuli said he cleared it with Sirius management. If and when they ever return to the studio, and if they demand he show up, I suspect he can fly up Sunday, rent a hotel room or crash with someone, then fly back Wednesday afternoon. He can make wack pack calls Thursday and Friday from Alabama as well as he can from NYC.

My prediction is upthread, and I’m guessing Shuli feels the same way: with lessons learned from Covid, the bet is Howard will primarily be working remotely for the rest of his career (with occasional studio appearances for special guests), so if you work for the Stern Show, you probably don’t have to live in NYC unless you want to. Shit, HS will be his neighbor in Florida after his parents die.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:27 AM, Vito Andolini said:

Just up and left Astoria, Queens. Said it became a shithole the last several months, he and his family felt unsafe, and he has a friend in real estate in Alabama who talked up the area, and bam, he’s now a southerner. He didn’t reveal what city.

HS was acting like he had no idea this was in the works, but Shuli said he cleared it with Sirius management. If and when they ever return to the studio, and if they demand he show up, I suspect he can fly up Sunday, rent a hotel room or crash with someone, then fly back Wednesday afternoon. He can make wack pack calls Thursday and Friday from Alabama as well as he can from NYC.

My prediction is upthread, and I’m guessing Shuli feels the same way: with lessons learned from Covid, the bet is Howard will primarily be working remotely for the rest of his career (with occasional studio appearances for special guests), so if you work for the Stern Show, you probably don’t have to live in NYC unless you want to. Shit, HS will be his neighbor in Florida after his parents die.

Agreed. I just find it odd that he didn't mention it or check with Gary or HS before moving that far out of the city. Just seems odd.

Or that could be the sign that Howard is going to resign and work even less next year. Hell if I'm sirius I would shoot him a low ball offer and see what happens. 

Maybe he got paid to move?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/a-millionaire-paid-jews-to-move-to-a-small-town-in-alabama-now-one-couple-struggles-with-their-choice/2018/12/26/19703dba-fd6e-11e8-83c0-b06139e540e5_story.html

When the Priddles first heard about Dothan, Ala., it seemed too good to be true. But the magazine advertisement was clear: A local millionaire, Larry Blumberg, wanted to pay Jewish families up to $50,000 each to move to his town.

Lisa was so excited that she ran out of the bathroom holding the copy of Reform Judaism magazine and shouted to Kenny: “We’re doing this.”

AD

“It might be nice,” Kenny eventually agreed, “to come build the South.”

Jewish communities have shrunk nationwide in the face of extensive intermarriage and increasing American secularism. The phenomenon is more pronounced in the South, a region that is home to 37 percent of the U.S. population but just 23 percent of U.S. Jews, according to the Pew Research Center.

Many synagogues in small towns no longer have enough members to hang on. The Jewish Community Legacy Project, a nonprofit, has helped 14 synagogues close down over the past 10 years and is working with 47 more on closure plans.

Blumberg didn’t want that fate to befall the synagogue of his youth, Temple Emanu-El. So in 2009, he hit on an unusual idea — to pay families to move to Dothan, a town of 65,000 far from everything, two hours southeast of Montgomery and northwest of Tallahassee.

“All these small towns, their synagogues have closed,” said Blumberg, whose company Larry Blumberg & Associates manages dozens of hotels and other properties across the Southeast. “This is a nice place to live. It really is. I just wanted to see if we could perpetuate it.”

56 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I suspect it had a lot more to do with the absence of road work than the downturn of Astoria that led him to move to a cheap-ass state.  He likely made more on the road than with the HSS, and that completely dried up.

good point. Howard is notorious for paying people with exposure on his show and he feels they need to leverage that exposure for real income. There are exceptions: Robin, Gary and Eric/Fred.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

good point. Howard is notorious for paying people with exposure on his show and he feels they need to leverage that exposure for real income. There are exceptions: Robin, Gary and Eric/Fred.

Yeah, I would love to know what guys like Sal, Richard, Will, and especially Benjy make

Howard spending two months last fall railing on JD’s spending habits (which seemed pretty modest) leads me to believe he pays JD $100K at most. I also thought that ongoing bit really highlighted how detached Howard is from reality to think people would enjoy listening to an insanely wealthy person dressing down an average person for having the nerve to take his family to a baseball game. Robin piling on was cringe worthy. 

20 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Howard spending two months last fall railing on JD’s spending habits (which seemed pretty modest) leads me to believe he pays JD $100K at most. I also thought that ongoing bit really highlighted how detached Howard is from reality to think people would enjoy listening to an insanely wealthy person dressing down an average person for having the nerve to take his family to a baseball game. Robin piling on was cringe worthy. 

They're both insufferable windbags now.  Out of touch elitists.  Himus is not an insult, it's an accurate descriptor.  As for Robin, not even Dancing With The Stars is calling for her worthless ass.

45 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

I know Howard has said when the show stops, besides him, the only ones financially secure enough to not work anymore are Robin, Fred, and Gary. With Gary he even said he would probably find another job until his kids were a little bit older.

and the catch-22 is that if any of the side characters starts to have a real career on the side, Howard bitches at them about saving their best material for themselves.  Stern is a great place to get some initial exposure but too many of them are either unable or afraid to strike out on their own.  Jackie may be the one exception who made a lot of outside money while being on the show. 

Has anyone seen Tan Mom lately? There’s a clip of her recent “special” on the SiriusXM app, and holy shit, she is beyond train wreck. Trust me, it’s ten times worse than you think. Her eyes are lopsided, teeth are jacked up, not to mention the skin that looks like my first attempt at dyeing a wallet for 7th grade shop class.

I don’t know how to isolate a clip from the show website, but if you scroll down, you’ll find it under the September 8 clips.

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2020/09/08/video-tan-moms-tan-talk-special-goes-south-when-wack-packer-reveals-she-gets-horny-in-the-tanning-booth/

On 9/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and the catch-22 is that if any of the side characters starts to have a real career on the side, Howard bitches at them about saving their best material for themselves.  Stern is a great place to get some initial exposure but too many of them are either unable or afraid to strike out on their own.  Jackie may be the one exception who made a lot of outside money while being on the show. 

Yep, and probably a main reason for Shuli to head to lower cost of living Alabama and be able to set up side gigs without having Howard right on top of him. 

Howard is a control freak and the worst kind, one that doesn't realize he is one. 

As for making outside money Artie made a shit ton as well and Howard didn't seem to have a problem with him doing so either. For whatever reason when the block party took off he got pissed that they were making money off his name. Which of course was the same thing that Jackie and Artie were doing for years before that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new ride so I get 3 months all access free so I am back to listening for now.  Just in time for cocktober....woooo....:eyeroll:

The lady that called in and made Howard fly off the handle today  was cool.  

I thought the Trump/Biden try to win Ronnie vote bit last week was pretty funny.  

On 10/5/2020 at 1:26 PM, Scraps said:

I got a new ride so I get 3 months all access free so I am back to listening for now.  Just in time for cocktober....woooo....:eyeroll:

The lady that called in and made Howard fly off the handle today  was cool.  

I thought the Trump/Biden try to win Ronnie vote bit last week was pretty funny.  

No More Bullshit!

Original including Dawn https://clyp.it/5hofuqft

Replay not including Dawn https://clyp.it/z4ou1cvb

The guy that does Trump does. it. fucking. perfect.  Biden guy sucks, sounds like GWB

13 hours ago, mulletpelini said:
The guy that does Trump does. it. fucking. perfect.  Biden guy sucks, sounds like GWB

Meh.  The impersonations that are good are beaten to death endlessly.  The ones that suck are done even more.  Anytime I hear "ivanka" or "sarah huckabee" are coming up, it's an immediate channel switch or fast forward.  Not very funny the first time.  Even less the 1000th time.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

"What can I say about Gary Dellabate... you have a face like a horse... you sucked howard's cock to make it in show business and you love eating at Nobu.

Oh wait! Thats my roast for Beth...

One more part:

"And Beth if you didn't understand, let me translate: neeeeiiiigh"

That beautiful joke probably ended all hope of the show remaining a freewheeling exchange of political incorrectness.  From that moment forward, there was an ever expanding line that could not be crossed.  Thanks a lot, Sal.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
added rest of joke
  • Hook 'Em 1

Shock jock Howard Stern told listeners on Wednesday that he’s not close to a new contract with SiriusXM but would be if he were getting paid a reported $120 million a year.

“I have seen no contract, I have heard nothing about this money,” Stern said on his SiriusXM show after Bloomberg reported on Tuesday that the satellite radio company was close to inking a new contract that would pay its biggest star about $120 million a year.

“I’m ready to take that deal if I can get it,” the shock jock quipped on air. “It sounded awesome.” Stern’s previous five-year contracts have paid him between $80 million and $100 million a year.

Stern told listeners that he called his agent after spotting reports on his new contract. “We were both kind of baffled by it.”

“I am telling you with my hand over my heart, I don’t have anywhere near a deal,” Stern said.

6 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

One more part:

"And Beth if you didn't understand, let me translate: neeeeiiiigh"

That beautiful joke probably ended all hope of the show remaining a freewheeling exchange of political incorrectness.  From that moment forward, there was an ever expanding line that could not be crossed.  Thanks a lot, Sal.

Marcy Turk killed the radio star.  The last line about Howard on vacation is really the deepest cut of all, because it was a big deal at that time that they were supposed to be working 5 days just like before as Howard promised and didn't deliver.  Sal was on his shit constantly about it because Sal still had to work Friday even if 7 wasn't there.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, just started listening to Wednesdays show, and this is something I’ve never heard, Robin is absolutely lighting up Howard over his perceived disrespect of Simona Dinnerstein. 

I’m just about seven minutes in, and Howard hasn’t really said a word yet. Her voice is trembling, she’s really upset with him. 

Damn.

In this video from early 2019, you can kinda see she has some width down there. Almost two years later, Covid happening, I can accept the above photo is real. I just hope my full eyesight returns at some point. (PS, stay for the end to see Jon Hein’s horrific hair. Also, I think Stephanie is legit kinda cute, she must really like what Ronnie can do for her at the strip clubs. What’s the big one in Las Vegas, Spearmint Rhino? I’ll bet he gets her some nice lap dances there.)