Shit you have heard in a bar

Longboard Horn

In a restaurant/bar in Tampa walking to the restroom with my african-american son, guy at the bar screams "you need to eat more fucking watermelon and fired chicken so you can jump" at the TV.  Think it was TT/Villanova. 

1 minute ago, beer said:

In a restaurant/bar in Tampa walking to the restroom with my african-american son, guy at the bar screams "you need to eat more fucking watermelon and fired chicken so you can jump" at the TV.  Think it was TT/Villanova. 

having lived in tampa st pete for 9 months this hits close to home.  terrible people.

13 minutes ago, beer said:

His advice seems counterintuitive.  I would think more food would weigh you down so you can't jump.

8 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

having lived in tampa st pete for 9 months this hits close to home.  terrible people.

I'm assuming you left because it is as crowded as fucking manhattan in addition to being full of floridians

At Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth about 10 years ago, and I notice that this chick who seems to be hitting on my buddy has a giant ring on.

I make a comment to him, and point to the ring.  It's so loud that I have to talk directly into his ear, but the bitch can tell what I'm getting at.  Over the roar of the music she screams while waving her hand and pointing at the ring "NOT MARRIED.  AGGY."

That's how I learned that Aggy wears class rings.  For college.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 1

Customer #1:  Can you close my tab?
Bartender: What's your name?

Customer #2:  Can you close my tab?

Customer #3:  Can you close my tab?
Bartender: WHAT' IS YOUR FUCKING NAME PEOPLE?

It amazes me how many people try to close their tab wihtout saying their name.

7 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Al_4_ISU this for you. I visit Iowa each summer for family and RAGBRAI and its irksome when the bar staff/owner runs air conditioning @minimal level because the only purpose of ac is 'to take the humidity out of the air" 

This didn’t happen at the Southside in Cresco by chance did it?

8 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

This is more of a pet peeve,  but I think the employee is stupid when I know a game is on tv and after I ask to watch it, they say, "what channel is it on?" Do people forget how to use a remote when they walk out their front door!?

I always know what channel the game I want to watch is on. I ask them to tune to a channel, not a game. There's a TV Guide app that you can download to your phone. That's if you didn't already know what channel the game was on before you walked out your front door. 

12 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I always know what channel the game I want to watch is on. I ask them to tune to a channel, not a game. There's a TV Guide app that you can download to your phone. That's if you didn't already know what channel the game was on before you walked out your front door. 

Yeah, I do it to protect myself, but I may know the iowa game is on the Big 10 network and not know what channel that is on their provider. Then they will scan endlessly through the channels looking for it. 

4 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Seems like everywhere, brother. 

Damn.

I rode 4 days this year, and happen to live in Cresco (it was nice to sleep in my own bed).  I'd heard that the owner of one the bars in town refused to turn the AC on for RAGBRAI and people bailed and went to the other bars.  I was drinking in my yard, as we hosted a large group, so I missed it.

I honestly didn't go inside of that many bars on RAGBRAI this year.  Logged a shit ton of time at the Iowa Craft beer tent, and usually hit the outside beer gardens.

16 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Yeah, I do it to protect myself, but I may know the iowa game is on the Big 10 network and not know what channel that is on their provider. Then they will scan endlessly through the channels looking for it. 

The vast majority of sports bars will have Directv because its the only way for them to get NFL Sunday Ticket. I always tell them the network and the Directv channel number the game is on. If they have a different provider, then I don't mind them doing a little searching.

12 minutes ago, RegularSizedRudy said:

Bartender: Hello sir, what can I get you to drink?
Customer: I'll take a beer.
B: *staring back at customer waiting to be told what kind of beer*
C: *stares blankly back at bartender*
B: So you just want me to surprise you, or do you have a preference?
C: Oh...give me an Ultra

Wasn't that the plot of a dumb ass Red's Apple commercial?

15 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Damn.

I rode 4 days this year, and happen to live in Cresco (it was nice to sleep in my own bed).  I'd heard that the owner of one the bars in town refused to turn the AC on for RAGBRAI and people bailed and went to the other bars.  I was drinking in my yard, as we hosted a large group, so I missed it.

I honestly didn't go inside of that many bars on RAGBRAI this year.  Logged a shit ton of time at the Iowa Craft beer tent, and usually hit the outside beer gardens.

We have some friends in common from Craft beer people. cresco, home of first female flight attendant. Congrats.

Edited by Nolacycling
  • Like 1

So he didn't really want a beer I guess.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:
33 minutes ago, RegularSizedRudy said:

So he didn't really want a beer I guess.

He should have just held out for the surprise.

Drinking with a female friend last night in downtown Houston  when a drunk douche and his girl park themselves by us.  He gets way too chatty with my friend and ignores his girl who is stone cold sober.  He never talks to me.  It's clear this is an internet date going badly...for her. Suddenly he annouces he's buying all of us shots. I don't need a shot. I've had essentially an entire bottle of wine. (Portillo malbec, which was good). But i want to be a good sport so i drink it. I slam it down. He sips it making some excuse.  He  quizzes my friend about her employer.  His date is a teacher. Then he asks if there are openings because he's been out of a job for a while. The look on that poor girl's face. And yeah the teacher picked up the shot tab too.  

Edited by Guitarman

Our beach rental is 100 yards from a pretty solid liquor store / dive / biker bar. I’ve only made one trip (about a half hour ago) and the cashier was speaking voice to text to his phone, “He got his ass kicked so I wouldn’t put him on the job tonight.”

There was a guy in the corner doing a rather poor job of hiding a massive shiner with a doo rag.

I’m expecting good things this week.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Pics of female friend? Pics of teacher? Pics of ensuing three-way optional. That is how the evening ended, isn't it?

Nah. That teacher, who was from Arkansas, looked like Paula Jones. I ended up at some honky tonk drinking straight kettel one. 

This happened a while back and I could have sworn I saw someone post it on our former site.

Random guy at bar talking to his friend. “When you fuck a girl in the ass, you have the upper hand but when you come in her ass, you own her soul”. He said it loudly and there were some pissed off female bystanders. Lulz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2018 at 11:25 PM, Stunns38 said:

This happened a while back and I could have sworn I saw someone post it on our former site.

Random guy at bar talking to his friend. “When you fuck a girl in the ass, you have the upper hand but when you come in her ass, you own her soul”. He said it loudly and there were some pissed off female bystanders. Lulz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The guy makes an excellent point. 

On 3/29/2018 at 10:52 AM, RegularSizedRudy said:

I feel it is completely OK to walk into an Irish pub and ask for a pint and expect to get a stout.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, RegularSizedRudy said:

My dad started doing this all the time when we'd go to dinner and it drove me crazy.

Except when the bartender or waiter asked what kind of beer, he would seriously say "...a COLD beer".

Then I'd have to jump in and tell the staff "goddamnit, just get him a Shiner Bock"

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, mycox said:

Customer #1:  Can you close my tab?

Customer #2:  Can you close my tab?

Customer #3:  Can you close my tab?
Bartender: WHAT' IS YOUR FUCKING NAME PEOPLE?

It amazes me how many people try to close their tab wihtout saying their name.

A sign of a really good bartender is not having to give them your name again after your first order.

I get it if you're in a super popular huge place they're not going to remember everyone, but if you're in a neighborhood joint and you have to tell the bartender your name after every round, that bartender is lazy as fuck.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 10:31 AM, beer said:

Cp8wrkkUAAA3rwV.jpg:large