Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

In addition to being an arrogant, thin skinned piece of shit, he is an absolute coward of a coach. Up 3 with the ball and I told my wife he is going to turtle and we will punt the ball and give up the lead. 

Herman a gutless, coward. He is not our standard and he should be fired. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, BurntEyes said:

SMU...

Navy

Maryland

Maryland

Baylor

TCU

8th verse same as the first.

The year that Tom Herman doesn't lose a game he shouldn't will be the first of his career.

If he's not fired, I'm not watching next year. Covid be damned. It's a fucking waste of my time.

Yep convinced now so more than ever he could fuck up a ham sandwich. He had the Big 12 gift wrapped to him this year and he still didn't want it lmfao 

• Hook 'Em 1

This team is so fucking stupid that they didn’t realize what was going on and that all 11 should have been blitzing the fuck out of duggan. Fuck Herman and all his coaches. They should all be fired and it’s insane we keep putting up with Herman and this shit

• Hook 'Em 1

What sucks about Tom is how next week we will probably win the “big” game. He approaches tech and TCU and Kansas and Iowa St differently than ou or LSU games or even bowl games. Then his players come out and play up and down to their competition. 

Tom is this :

look unprepared? Check

wtf play calling? Check

tackling issues? Check

wtf mind blowing play that’s shocking? Check

chance to put a game away and go 3 and out then other team score immediately after? Check

its unbelievable how it’s year 4 and we do these literally every game.

5 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Herman will blame injuries and everything he can think of but the fact is he sucks ass. He doesn’t prepare for teams and he continually gets beat by TCU.  

Injuries

Cant start slow

Couldn’t get a rhythm 

It’s a bad bingo 

Well I guess in the chaos of 2020 we can still count on every Texas game to be a torturous maddening shitshow that offends the game of football. I suppose that is comforting.

I don't even care that much. But I will be back for next week. Enjoy your millions of dollars Tom. Beat OU because why not?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Same shit different year. Herman sucks. Sam sucked almost as much today. Juwan Mitchell is fucking terrible and should never play another snap. Sterns can't cover dick. Keontay runs like a bitch and threw the game away. 

It's going to be hard to watch any of the rest of the season. I almost hope OU beats us by 50 so we can get this ass clown off the sidelines.

Negged. Don’t be a pussy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Well I guess in the chaos of 2020 we can still count on every Texas game to be a torturous maddening shitshow that offends the game of football. I suppose that is comforting.

I don't even care that much. But I will be back for next week. Enjoy your millions of dollars Tom. Beat OU because why not?

Beat ou? Lol sure

Herman is a confidence man. Also known as a “con” man. He has zero fucking clue what he’s doing. The hurry up on the 2 yard line is a perfect example. Why? Don’t you want to waste a little time? You run the clock for 30 seconds and and then power run it into the endzone. And of course a veteran RB tries to reach the ball out in a crowd. Again. Poor coaching. This isn’t 4th down you stupid fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Twizzler said:

I'm starting think its just my fault for buying into the hype, year after year.

No joy from this shit.

Yea it’s getting really sad, I wish I could just stop and not care but I can’t.  I’m ready for the 2022 QB and a new couch 

Edited by Hook1997

I’ve yet to join this thread, but I’ve given up. I have no faith moving forward that this is the guy that will get Texas to get back to 11+ wins a year, and challenging for playoff spots.

My biggest complaint with Herman is that, collectively, we are a STUPID FUCKING FOOTBALL TEAM. Penalties, alignments, playcalling, fundamentals, etc. ALL OF IT. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yep convinced now so more than ever he could fuck up a ham sandwich. He had the Big 12 gift wrapped to him this year and he still didn't want it lmfao 

I'm done this year. We all knew he couldn't do it. Even with a 4th year starting qb who still makes mistakes. He's a loser, it's who he is. Those teams we beat in bowls? I'm actually convinced they really didn't care to be there. Fuck him. 

If my memory is good, TH has a losing record against 3 coaches in the conference. Gary, Lincoln and Gundy. That is pathetic. 

And this game is exactly why so many folks had a problem with the 'win' last week. Same shit, we just didn't get lucky this time.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

UConn Tom should be gone. I never was a fan. Would rather have had PJ Fleck. He’s actually turned programs around with a tenth the talent Texas has had. This year is on Tom. It is on him. No more blaming other HCs that came before him. He has his system and his players and his coordinators/coaches and he’s dogshit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

What pissed me off most today was the ending. Herman didn’t appear to say one word to the refs about if there was a second left. Kept his sunglasses and mask on just staring into the distance. Ran out to shake Patterson’s hand and went straight to interviews or whatever. He was acting like he had somewhere to be after the game.

You also can’t give the ball to Ingram at the goal line, LSU last year proved that. You have to call QB runs in that situation.

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Beat ou? Lol sure

They suck to. Anything is possible with this crazy ass team.

But if you are so confident go ahead and put money on it because I have no fucking idea what will happen next except that it will probably be miserable to watch.

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Dude needs to go. If our supposed goals are to win conferences and compete for national titles, it’s laughable to think we can ever do that with a guy who simply can’t get teams prepared for the “smaller” opponents and will always lose to a few of them every year.

you know what the problem is?  other teams look at us as a "smaller" opponent.  fucking TCU owns us.  they're 7-2 against us in Big 12 play.

fire Herman tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Y’all getting your hopes up thinking this guy is going to get fired in a Rona year is worse than getting your hopes up for this team ever.

No one actually expects it...but it doesn’t mean we can’t rant and rave on this board about it

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas