Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Look at who beat us:

Rush Yards: 4 guys - 3 FRESHMEN and 1 SOPHOMORE QB - rushed for 200 of their 226 yards

Pass Yards: 1 guy, SOPHOMORE - threw for 231 yards

Receiving Yards - 140 of their 231 receiving yards were from FRESHMEN

If Herman can't beat them with an experienced team, not sure what happens when TCU has more experience than us.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Thanks Tom for wasting Sam's Sr yr. 

So ready for him to be gone, if anyone thinks he’s accurate you watch games with your eyes crossed.  I think his percentage when under pressure for this game was less then the 17% last week.  Yea I know there were drops but many were tough catches to make also.

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

So ready for him to be gone, if anyone thinks he’s accurate you watch games with your eyes crossed.  I think his percentage when under pressure for this game was less then the 17% last week.  Yea I know there were drops but many were tough catches to make also.

I'd also prefer if we stop the 1 yard passes to the WR w/ the DB draped all over him.

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I mean, fuck's sake, we haven't even played a good team yet.  We should prob be 1-2 against 3 of the worst teams on our schedule (minus KU).

Lose to OU 

Lose to OSU

Lose to WV

ISU, KSU and Baylor are tossups 

4-6 or 5-5 season is likely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Didn’t tcu blow

us out a few years ago and we turned around and beat ou? We always get up for ou. It’s these games against teams that we should beat we suck.

The knock on Herman at UH was he plays the big teams well and the lesser teams give him trouble...I have no doubt UT will play OU close and would not shock me at all if they win

• Hook 'Em 1

Sad that I’m not even that upset right now. Knew before the season started there would be at least 2 or 3 losses against teams we should beat. It’s going to continue until Herman is gone. It’s who he is and has always been. I’ll continue to watch every game because I love the team that much. But I won’t have any expectations high or low until the next coach is brought in. Just hope that’s sooner than later.Tomorrow would be nice........

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

He probably won't. I think he has played himself into a 2nd Rd draft pick.  

I mean I love Sam but he is not anywhere near a good enough passer to be in the NFL, and certainly not anywhere near good enough a runner to make up for it. If I were him I would stay here and play for that cushy job with some big alum.

But hey every player here thinks they can make it in the league so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back next season and gave it a shot.

1 minute ago, Horn Dogg said:

When I heard Tom in an interview, he said he wanted to keep the atmosphere fun at Texas because it was no fun the year they won the championship at OSU.  I took that he is too lazy to prepare for every game.  I’m now convinced is is the situation.  

It's definitely fun for the other team 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horn Dogg said:

When I heard Tom in an interview, he said he wanted to keep the atmosphere fun at Texas because it was no fun the year they won the championship at OSU.  I took that he is too lazy to prepare for every game.  I’m now convinced is is the situation.  

No fun in winning championships 

3 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

At first I wanted to punch the fuck out of the refs, then I wanted  to punch the fuck out of Herman... I hate that smug fuck. But now I realize I’m just beating myself up and I just need to let it go. 

Yep. I’ve given up getting excited about the program. Woke up this morning and had to temper my expectations again. Herman just doesn’t have what it takes.

16 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Negged. Don’t be a pussy

You're right. The OU comment was too far. I hope we beat OU and then drop every other game so he doesn't coach a game in 2021. 

But he'll hang another listless 8 win season on the wall and Bellmont won't do a damn thing.

Just now, D_Goose said:

Where's the fucking fight from Herman? He should've been screaming in the refs ears all game from start to finish. Where was he at the least getting an explanation from refs at the end with how that safety bullshit went and the extra second left? We see Patterson tearing the refs a new asshole and then they change a call in his favor. It shows your players that you give a fuck and you're fighting for them on top of that fact that you see it effect the refs calls for you favorably. Barking at the refs works. In all of these dubious officiating scenarios all we ever see of Tom is him hiding behind his sunglasses and mask and cap trying to turtle himself under the player's bench.

This guy?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I've been done but I'm 100% out.  He has to lose more games as a 10+ point favorite than any coach in the country.  I would love access to a database to see his record as a heavy favorite in his short, shitty career. He did the same fucking thing at UH and hoodwinked everyone with his big wins.  He's a god damn fraud.  And an arrogant piece of shit at that.  Fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

The good news is after UF then fOSU, there’s only about 7-8 other jobs that aren’t an definite step down, and we are on that list.   

Riley to NFL, Saban retiring, or USC pulling their head out of their ass, the rest of them look pretty set for the next several years

Plot twist, Riley goes to the NFL and Urban takes the ou job.

We're head and shoulders above everyone else when it comes to gimmicks and cute shtick - sledgehammers, gold teeth, baseball bats on the team bus, mouth kisses, a urine meter and on and on.   Not to mention leading the country in social justice reform.   Yay.

Unfortunately, we suck in player development, discipline, maturity, being buttoned up and anything else that equates to being a good football team. 

Laughable. 
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

I've been done but I'm 100% out.  He has to lose more games as a 10+ point favorite than any coach in the country.  I would love access to a database to see his record as a heavy favorite in his short, shitty career. He did the same fucking thing at UH and hoodwinked everyone with his big wins.  He's a god damn fraud.  And an arrogant piece of shit at that.  Fuck him.

To back up your first observation, we have the most losses to unranked teams as a ranked team, so yup. 

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

ESPN just posted that we have the most losses as an AP ranked team since 2017. Weeeeeeee thanks Herm

Edited by Happy Gilmore

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas