Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

32 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Y’all folks think I’m redundant, but if I was the next HC at UT, I’d hire Gary Joseph (Katy HC) as a defensive assistant. He’s seen it all during the 20+ years of the “spread offense” that was basically created and used in TX HS football first!

His teams might be out matched athletically, but rarely are they out schemed or out of position, plus they know how to TACKLE!!!!

Enough, Gary.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Yall realize that coastal Carolina will be ranked next week?

Somebody, and I'm serious, tell me if they are in North or south Carolina.

What a joke you are tom herman. Coastal Carolina. I thought that was a baseball school yet they are footballing better than you with your resources.

Conway, SC

• Like 1

Y’all folks think I’m redundant, but if I was the next HC at UT, I’d hire Gary Joseph (Katy HC) as a defensive assistant. He’s seen it all during the 20+ years of the “spread offense” that was basically created and used in TX HS football first!

His teams might be out matched athletically, but rarely are they out schemed or out of position, plus they know how to TACKLE!!!!
Katy is good because they cheat. Steal kids from across the district that aren't zoned for the school and always have favoritism because they're og Katy. They have done that for decades. Somehow they're the only Katy football program without a covid outbreak. Gary Joseph sounds like a live child of Ogre and caveman lawyer. He's everything that's wrong with Texas hs football, suburbia, aggy, and Texas Republicans (no cr).

Fuck him
Fuck Katy high
Fuck tom herman
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

I’d just like to note that when I called this a bad hire when it happened I got ripped by a lot of the same posters posting on this thread now...   We hired a Charlie type hire again, someone who did good in G5 small sample size, with some talent and schemes that would work for a upset here or there but not at a big boy school long term.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Katy is good because they cheat. Steal kids from across the district that aren't zoned for the school and always have favoritism because they're og Katy. They have done that for decades. Somehow they're the only Katy football program without a covid outbreak. Gary Joseph sounds like a live child of Ogre and caveman lawyer. He's everything that's wrong with Texas hs football, suburbia, aggy, and Texas Republicans (no cr).

Fuck him
Fuck Katy high
Fuck tom herman

Somebody got triggered

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I’d just like to note that when I called this a bad hire when it happened I got ripped by a lot of the same posters posting on this thread now...   We hired a Charlie type hire again, someone who did good in G5 small sample size, with some talent and schemes that would work for a upset here or there but not at a big boy school long term.

The reasons they failed were different. They had a much different profile. Your assessment offers little insight. But go get yourself a cookie. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

The reasons they failed were different. They had a much different profile. Your assessment offers little insight. But go get yourself a cookie. 

They both didn’t do good at a G5 with a small sample size only, so basically unproven as head coaches?   I’m sorry you thought the kid kisser would be better then Charlie.  Don’t give me the talent crap either, Charlie was a terrible coach just like Tom.  Tomato tomato they both failed miserably.  Or are we talking how Tom lit it up at OSU as OC?  Even with a great qb the numbers aren’t amazing.  

Edited by Hook1997

17 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Mack needed to go when he did, if not sooner. We flubbed the Saban thing and wound up with our 6th choice in Strong. Herman sucks and needs to go but he's light years better than Strong so I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for here -- a pat on the back? I see you've already received "cookies."

7 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

They both didn’t do good at a G5 with a small sample size only, so basically unproven as head coaches?   I’m sorry you thought the kid kisser would be better then Charlie.  Don’t give me the talent crap either, Charlie was a terrible coach just like Tom.  Tomato tomato they both failed miserably.

Coaches have to start somewhere. Matt Rhule? He’d have had us in the playoff. We just picked the wrong guys. 

Coaching, discipline and execution are important.    BYU can't sniff Texas athleticism and recruiting rankings.   Yet, they coach their players up and put them in a position to win.

Herman and his staff focus on whiffle ball and urine tests, turning 5 stars into 3s, 4s into 2s.  

If you watched this game tonight and you further don't see why Herman should be let go then I've no hope for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Coaches have to start somewhere. Matt Rhule? He’d have had us in the playoff. We just picked the wrong guys. 

11 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Would Rhule had survived a one or two win first season here? Think people hate Herman? We would have 1000 pages on the fire matt rhule thread by end of season one.

Yea Rhule has had one good season in his first three like Tom, I’d wait before crowning him a huge success.  Also Tom took over a decent Houston team, Rhule took over a shit team and turned it around fast so it’s not really the same.  Rhule’s track record was already better because of that.

Edited by Hook1997

32 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea Rhule has had one good season in his first three like Tom, I’d wait before crowning him a huge success.  Also Tom took over a decent Houston team, Rhule took over a shit team and turned it around fast so it’s not really the same.  Rhule’s track record was already better because of that.

Ok, I’m done. 

53 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Would Rhule had survived a one or two win first season here? Think people hate Herman? We would have 1000 pages on the fire matt rhule thread by end of season one.

I mean if our program was in the same shape that Baylor's was in when Rhule took over I think many of us would have been understanding. Hell many of us were understanding with Chuck after two straight losing seasons before Kansas. This whole narrative that we are spoiled and demand 15-0 every year just is not true. We were not even all that mad at Herman after his fuck up last year, we just wanted to see progress this year. But we didn't get that did we?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Coaching, discipline and execution are important.    BYU can't sniff Texas athleticism and recruiting rankings.   Yet, they coach their players up and put them in a position to win.

Herman and his staff focus on whiffle ball and urine tests, turning 5 stars into 3s, 4s into 2s.  

If you watched this game tonight and you further don't see why Herman should be let go then I've no hope for you.

Well they’ve played nobody, but yea they’ve looked good doing it.

10 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

After reading about the player leadership stepping up in the Humidor, I am confident that in two weeks, the team will fix all the problems that have lingered for four years. 

-Player development 

-Teaching

-Scheming

-Game planning 

-In game adjustments 

-penalties 

-Pass offense 

-Run offense 

-Pass blocking 

-Run blocking

-Pass defense 

-Run defense 

-Tackling

-Special Teams 

Will all be addressed. We will win every game this season 52-10.

So clock/time out management will still be fucked then

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

And Lincoln is possibly about to bail, meaning their one point above us would be moot. Obviously their recent history is miles ahead of ours, but this year and the future are debatable.

Man you put a terrible thought in my mind.

We fuck around and not get this done,  Lincoln leaves,  goes pro or whatever,  and OU sux swoops down and wraps Urban up in a couple of days.  

Man you put a terrible thought in my mind.
We fuck around and not get this done,  Lincoln leaves,  goes pro or whatever,  and OU sux swoops down and wraps Urban up in a couple of days.  
Waiting long enough for this or for USCs season to implode are why I don't like waiting. I think the latter is more concerning than the former.

Girl not actually wearing jacket, just draped, Urban with shorts, some of the athletes in the background in short sleeves.  So weather is cool, it isn’t Columbus because it was in the 30’s last night.

Rubs not wearing a mask, and hers is down to the side, pic probably taken somewhere in the south, definitely not the west coast with that attitude.  

Hand sanitizer label appears to be one that’s sold in HEBs

Oak trees in the background.

Urbs casual attire, he obviously isn’t flying commercial like that, private jet attire to get him back to LA for fox show.

Damn y’all, he was obviously in Austin last night, meeting with some players and recruits.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Girl not actually wearing jacket, just draped, Urban with shorts, some of the athletes in the background in short sleeves.  So weather is cool, it isn’t Columbus because it was in the 30’s last night.

Rubs not wearing a mask, and hers is down to the side, pic probably taken somewhere in the south, definitely not the west coast with that attitude.  

Hand sanitizer label appears to be one that’s sold in HEBs

Oak trees in the background.

Urbs casual attire, he obviously isn’t flying commercial like that, private jet attire to get him back to LA for fox show.

Damn y’all, he was obviously in Austin last night, meeting with some players and recruits.   

Something about that leopard print says Dallas to me. Anyone got the forecast from last night? 

Also, they appear to be laughing at a picture of Charlie. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Is there anything concrete about Riley going to the pros or are we just going on Vegas strategies? 

Is there ever anything really concreet about coaching moves in season? This is based on rumor and speculation, with the occasional comment off the record.

Riley's name has been tied with NFL jobs for a while now. I see articles citing him as a potential Falcon's hire as far back as early last season. The betting thing was just more recent.

With the rash of young coaches becoming NFL head coaches lately (including college guys like Kingsbury) and having quick success, teams making changes are looking to copy the trend. Riley would fit the mold.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Is there ever anything really concreet about coaching moves in season? This is based on rumor and speculation, with the occasional comment off the record.

Riley's name has been tied with NFL jobs for a while now. I see articles citing him as a potential Falcon's hire as far back as early last season. The betting thing was just more recent.

With the rash of young coaches becoming NFL head coaches lately (including college guys like Kingsbury) and having quick success, teams making changes are looking to copy the trend. Riley would fit the mold.

Thanks, and fair points. I don't really pay attention to such things and wasn't sure if he might have the talent of a Kingsbury or if he was wanted by NFL teams. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas