Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

4 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

So running the table and winning the conference is the consensus saving grace?  Is it possible for us to run the regular season table and still not reach the CC game?

If UT and OU both win out and either KSU or ISU win out except for losing to UT, then UT would finish tied for 2nd with at least OU.  If it's only a two way tie for 2nd then UT loses on the head to head tie breaker.  If it's a three way tie for 2nd with the loser of the KSU/ISU game then the permutations are a little difficult to figure out right now.   I doubt that UT wins out, but they could and still miss the CCG.

Might want to revisit that line of logic, chief.
One of them will have at least 3 losses. The only teams that could finish with less than 2 losses including a loss to Texas are K State and ISU. OU and TCU have tiebreaker but they are playing each other this weekend and both already have 2 conference losses. So only one - not both - could keep Texas out assuming Texas runs the table. Iowa State and KSU haven't played yet so same with them. Only one would be able to keep Texas out assuming Texas beats both. 
(Couple minor errors above but fuck me I'm not typing all of this shit out to a further degree when I already outlined the only two scenarios where Texas doesn't make it if we win out)

Okie Lite could finish with less than 2 losses including a loss to us too. All 3 of OSU, KSU and ISU are undefeated so far in B12 play

1 minute ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Okie Lite could finish with less than 2 losses including a loss to us too. All 3 of OSU, KSU and ISU are undefeated so far in B12 play

Yes but osu winning out removes both teams that have tiebreaker against us so it wouldn't matter.

(In this hypothetical that has zero chance of even happening in the first place)

Some random IT poster posted this but I think its a decent list for potential staff

Spoiler

OC
Mike Yucich
Mark Helfrich
Phil Longo, UNC
Graham Harrell, USC
Joe Moorhead, Oregon
Kendall Briles, Arkansas
Scotty Walden, Southern Miss
Brian Johnson, Florida

DC
Chris Ash
Barry Odom, Arkansas
Zach Arnett, Miss St
DJ Durkin, Ole Miss
Marcus Freeman, Cinncinati
if fired... Will Muschamp, Jeremy Pruitt

RB
Stan Drayton
Ra'Shaad Samples, SMU
Louis Ayeri, Northwestern
Jabbar Juluke, Lafayette
Nathan Scheelhaase, Iowa State

WR
Andre Coleman
Samples
Darrin Chiaverini, Colorado
Tyson Carrier, Houston
Kenny Guiton, Colorado St
Kevin Cummings, San Jose St
Derek Dooley, NFL
Mike Groh, NFL
Malcolm Kelly, TCU

TE
Corey Dennis, Colorado St (Urban's son in law)
Use names from other lists. Major pre-req is being a plus, plus recruiter
Maybe a current HS coach

OL
Bill Bendenbaugh, ou
Jeff Grimes, BYU
Ed Warriner, Michigan
Brandon Jones, Houston
Harry Hiestand, retired
James Cregg, LSU
Chris Thomsen, Florida St

DL
Oscar Giles
Mark Hagen
Larry Johnson, OSU
Randall Joyner, SMU
Dustin Royston, Middle Tenn

LB
Coleman Hutzler
Antonio Pierce, ASU
Tommy Thigpen, UNC
Brian Niedermeyer, Tennessee
Glenn Schumann, Georgia
Craig Kuligowski, Toledo

DB
Jay Valai
Corey Raymond, LSU
Steve Clinkscale, Kentucky
Terrance Brown, Washington
Chris Hawkins, ASU

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Some random IT poster posted this but I think its a decent list for potential staff

Hide contents

OC
Mike Yucich
Mark Helfrich
Phil Longo, UNC
Graham Harrell, USC
Joe Moorhead, Oregon
Kendall Briles, Arkansas
Scotty Walden, Southern Miss
Brian Johnson, Florida

DC
Chris Ash
Barry Odom, Arkansas
Zach Arnett, Miss St
DJ Durkin, Ole Miss
Marcus Freeman, Cinncinati
if fired... Will Muschamp, Jeremy Pruitt

RB
Stan Drayton
Ra'Shaad Samples, SMU
Louis Ayeri, Northwestern
Jabbar Juluke, Lafayette
Nathan Scheelhaase, Iowa State

WR
Andre Coleman
Samples
Darrin Chiaverini, Colorado
Tyson Carrier, Houston
Kenny Guiton, Colorado St
Kevin Cummings, San Jose St
Derek Dooley, NFL
Mike Groh, NFL
Malcolm Kelly, TCU

TE
Corey Dennis, Colorado St (Urban's son in law)
Use names from other lists. Major pre-req is being a plus, plus recruiter
Maybe a current HS coach

OL
Bill Bendenbaugh, ou
Jeff Grimes, BYU
Ed Warriner, Michigan
Brandon Jones, Houston
Harry Hiestand, retired
James Cregg, LSU
Chris Thomsen, Florida St

DL
Oscar Giles
Mark Hagen
Larry Johnson, OSU
Randall Joyner, SMU
Dustin Royston, Middle Tenn

LB
Coleman Hutzler
Antonio Pierce, ASU
Tommy Thigpen, UNC
Brian Niedermeyer, Tennessee
Glenn Schumann, Georgia
Craig Kuligowski, Toledo

DB
Jay Valai
Corey Raymond, LSU
Steve Clinkscale, Kentucky
Terrance Brown, Washington
Chris Hawkins, ASU

There's pretty much only one current coach missing from that list. I really have to hand it to that random poster for a solid list.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I want to know what the off the field issue is thats a bigger deal than Tom's sucking or the EOT.

When a subordinate basically extends a middle finger to his boss not once, but twice, in a press conference then I think that would qualify as fairly big off-the-field issue.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Might want to revisit that line of logic, chief.

One of them will have at least 3 losses. The only teams that could finish with less than 2 losses including a loss to Texas are K State and ISU. OU and TCU have tiebreaker but they are playing each other this weekend and both already have 2 conference losses. So only one - not both - could keep Texas out assuming Texas runs the table. Iowa State and KSU haven't played yet so same with them. Only one would be able to keep Texas out assuming Texas beats both. 

The question was:  " Is it possible for us to run the regular season table and still not reach the CC game?"

My point was that either tcu or blOU with 2 losses would get into B12 Championship Game before Texas... I assumed that at least one team from Isu/okSt/ksu group has no worse than 1 loss.

So yah... My logic was accurate there chief 😁

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

an article from 2016, two years before Dwayne Haskins obliterated all of Ohio State's single-season passing records

your concern is probably misplaced here

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

The question was:  " Is it possible for us to run the regular season table and still not reach the CC game?"

My point was that either tcu or blOU with 2 losses would get into B12 Championship Game before Texas... I assumed that at least one team from Isu/okSt/ksu group has no worse than 1 loss.

So yah... My logic was accurate there chief 😁

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

There are 45 Big12 conference games, of which 14 have been played.  If you assume UT wins out (ha ha) that leaves 25 conference games with an undetermined outcome.  That is 33,554,432 different outcomes.  Maybe if I get bored this weekend I'll chart them all out and see out many of those outcomes leave UT out of the CCG.

Whyyy do you assholes keep talking about running the table??? There’s zero chance of that happening. Not almost zero. ZERO. Haven’t y’all watched the games? They fucking suck. We have the dumbest team in the country. Zero chance of winning out.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There are 45 Big12 conference games, of which 14 have been played.  If you assume UT wins out (ha ha) that leaves 25 conference games with an undetermined outcome.  That is 33,554,432 different outcomes.  Maybe if I get bored this weekend I'll chart them all out and see out many of those outcomes leave UT out of the CCG.

i-was-told-there-would-be-no-math.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Based on what you have already done there's a pretty good chance you will be bored this weekend. 

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

And despite your obviously fascinating predilections, the nuptials with the scantily clad one didn't work out, huh?  

Shocker.

And despite your obviously fascinating predilections, the nuptials with the scantily clad one didn't work out, huh?  

Shocker.

I’m glad my predilections fascinate you, I’m sorry you don’t like scantily clad women (NTTAWWT). Not sure how any of that impacts the Big12 race and our crappy team though. Also my nuptials to my fully clothed, prim and proper first wife lasted one year less than my nuptials to the second ex since you’re so fascinated.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas