Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

6-4.  Beat WVU and Kansas at home, win 1/3 against KSU ISU & OSU. My money is on ISU at home. Would this result get him fired? I'd say no given COVID and buyout. Hope I'm wrong. 

If we can get Meyer, we’re firing Herman if he loses 1 more game. This isn’t “review at the end of the year”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

6-4.  Beat WVU and Kansas at home, win 1/3 against KSU ISU & OSU. My money is on ISU at home. Would this result get him fired? I'd say no given COVID and buyout. Hope I'm wrong. 

One more loss and he's done.  Here's the business case:

*4 year tenure

*1-4 vs ou

*1-3 vs tcu

*no conference titles

*only made conference title game once

The above is not acceptable at Texas regardless of the size of the mess you inherited.  Now, the caveat is, we have to wait until it is mathematically impossible for us to win the conference.  Same as when we had Saban on the line mid season with Mack.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Can someone e explain to me what Brewer contributes on the field? 

That Baylor QB is a major contributor.  Oops, you were referring to our slow tight end that can’t catch.  Well apparently you’re not aware that catching the football is really really really hard.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

This Baylor “win” should do nothing to make anyone feel like Herman has a single fucking clue as to what he’s doing. 

This does nothing. They came back down 13 points to make it close. If anything this shows how utterly fucking incompetent Herman really is. A team that only practiced 2-3 days and half their team is out with COVID 

15 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Yes but against a team that had like three days of practices vs the 2 weeks UT had this narrow victory shouldn’t be something fans are happy with. Texas looked like crap and got lucky that Baylor was crappier. 

Oh, I don't think anyone is making anything more out of the win than what it is.  But it was still a win, not a "win".

11 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

We’re going to get demolished at OSU. WVU will come down to the wire. We’ll go 50/50 with KSU and ISU. I find it laughable that winning out was even mentioned. TH is beyond post without answers. This team has a higher chance of losing out than winning out.

Agree with most of this except I think KSU will push our shit completely in as well.  That is a tough team and far, far better coached than we are.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Baylor might be the second worst team in the conference this year after Kansas.  Plus, Aranda looks like an idiot at head coach- that’s a huge step down from Rhule.

This is a game a typical Mack Brown Texas team wins like 42-7 and plays the backups the entire 4th quarter.  The idea that hanging on to win against that shitty team that hasn’t even been able to practice somehow means Herman is about to save his job is laughable.  

Only Mack usually blew shit teams out.  Now for the record fuck Mack just saying 

18 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Baylor might be the second worst team in the conference this year after Kansas.  Plus, Aranda looks like an idiot at head coach- that’s a huge step down from Rhule.

This is a game a typical Mack Brown Texas team wins like 42-7 and plays the backups the entire 4th quarter.  The idea that hanging on to win against that shitty team that hasn’t even been able to practice somehow means Herman is about to save his job is laughable.  

Yeah. All of this. His only way allegedly to hang onto his job is if he wins the conference. I’m pretty sure I’d fire him, win or lose, but if he wants to win the last 7 games of the year after the OU loss I guess I will celebrate the accomplishment, buy a T-shirt- and wait for the firing next year. 
but yeah- he ain’t winning the conference. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, stork642 said:

Bad news for Tom.  OSU is probably the most talented team in the league and mullet is going to run up the score.  

tenor.gif?itemid=14403773

Don't you dare! Don't you dare! I will fight you!!!

Man, screw this guy. How did this garbage Baylor team hold Texas under 30 and keep the game semi-close?

37 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Who is saying that?

46 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Agree with most of this except I think KSU will push our shit completely in as well.  That is a tough team and far, far better coached than we are.

there are at least 5 coaches better than Herman in the big 12.  and yes KSU is going to hand us our ass.  we are soft as charmin again...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

there are at least 5 coaches better than Herman in the big 12.  and yes KSU is going to hand us our ass.  we are soft as charmin again...

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas